Best Video Game of all time

Shillzz

Nostalgia time.

Have to apologise in advance for luring you in on false pretenses. The only real discussion to be had is the identity of the 2nd best video game of all time behind this...

goldeneye_n64.jpg

Go!

I remember loving that, also Italia world cup 1990 on the Sega.

I guess Golden eye is the ultimate game when you look back, although I played it back around Christmas, it's terrible to play...weird how quickly everything moves on from what it was then to what things are now.

After a search, I'm amazed there isn't already a thread for this.

It's one of those topics that is impossible to answer definitively, like "what's your favourite song".

People enjoy different elements of a game or enjoy games for different reasons. So with that in mind I'll go with the games I had the most fun playing and which lasted beyond what a reasonable game should last. In short, I gave an unhealthy amount of my life to the games below and in one case (POD) was ranked 4th in the world at my peak!

on PC

38618551.jpg

on Amiga 500

kick_off_2_pic1.gif

on SNES

http://www.squareenixmusic.com/images/features/interviews/manamimatsumae/streetfighter2snes.jpg

This is a nostalgia thread rather than a current "games and gaming" discussion so I hope (fingers crossed) it's OK to stay in off topic!

Half Life for me.

The first game that blew me away with the fantastic graphics and intelligent gameplay.

It would probably still stand up against other games if it came out today, 13 years on and it spawned a bunch of great spin offs and add ons like counter strike.

streets of rage

sonic the hedgehog

TOKI (going ape spit)

fifa 95

fifa 96

tomb raider 2

championship manager 97/98 (I think that was the season, the one with Ibrahima Bakayoko)

knockout kings was great at the time

mario kart

tenchu

mickey mouse and donald duck world of illusion

mortal kombat

jesus there is just too many to think of

Â