Alan Hutton

Rich_D

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Worst player at the club? Worst player this season? Makes the most individual mistakes? Must be the first player to leave this summer?

... And you think that us fans clapping him off makes us look silly? Fans like you with these over-the-top comments do that yourself.

Hutton is one of the few players in this team that I'd actually be happy to see in our starting eleven next season. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I like having players who look like they care.

I like havig players who can pass a football 3 yards and in the correct position just once a game.

...and why must we choose, cant we have talented players who also care?

I would both him out with all the others because for all his PASHUN he is comfortably one of the worst footballers to ever wear the shirt.

It is at the point now I just laugh at him. A premier league footballer who doesn't have a clue how to kick a football.

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I like havig players who can pass a football 3 yards and in the correct position just once a game.

...and why must we choose, cant we have talented players who also care?

I would both him out with all the others because for all his PASHUN he is comfortably one of the worst footballers to ever wear the shirt.

It is at the point now I just laugh at him. A premier league footballer who doesn't have a clue how to kick a football.

compare that to the other 10 players who dont give a ****. rather a guy who tries and cant pass than a bunch of pricks who are just taking the money

6 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Worst player at the club? Worst player this season? Makes the most individual mistakes? Must be the first player to leave this summer?

... And you think that us fans clapping him off makes us look silly? Fans like you with these over-the-top comments do that yourself.

Hutton is one of the few players in this team that I'd actually be happy to see in our starting eleven next season. Maybe not a popular opinion, but I like having players who look like they care.

Then fans like you are happy with mediocrity (and when I say mediocrity I mean league 1 at best) is what you want, I'd rather take talent over no skill at all and effort. (And don't tell me Richards, Lescott or Guzan have talent, their all shit). At least with talent you have something to work with as a manager.
He might put in effort, but he still is to blame for too many goals to count this season. And to make it even worse, please count how many crosses he completes every game ! cause no one else in the football league has worse deliveries than he has ! It's incredible how many attacks he ruins, like I mean, it is really weird, I've honestly never seen a worse football player in the premier league, it's actually incredible how bad his crosses are ! like I am lost for words for how to describe it ! I'd rather he stopped putting in that effort and just stayed in his position and actually tried to defend (which is his main job), which he is also incredibly bad at. 

Then fans like you are happy with mediocrity (and when I say mediocrity I mean league 1 at best) is what you want, I'd rather take talent over no skill at all and effort. (And don't tell me Richards, Lescott or Guzan have talent, their all shit). At least with talent you have something to work with as a manager.

He might put in effort, but he still is to blame for too many goals to count this season. And to make it even worse, please count how many crosses he completes every game ! cause no one else in the football league has worse deliveries than he has ! It's incredible how many attacks he ruins, like I mean, it is really weird, I've honestly never seen a worse football player in the premier league, it's actually incredible how bad his crosses are ! like I am lost for words for how to describe it ! I'd rather he stopped putting in that effort and just stayed in his position and actually tried to defend (which is his main job), which he is also incredibly bad at. 

Talent without application equals N'Zogbia (and company). Our squad so clearly neglects to address the mental aspects of the game- communication, teamwork, desire, belief... Hutton may not be the most technically gifted but he is certainly one of the fittest and one of the strongest mentally, so he has to be considered one of our more important players- especially when you consider the alternative (Bacuna, or Richards at RB) is/are so woefully inadequate in all three areas (fitness, mentality and skill).

We have picked up only 5 points when this guy has started for us this season and we are yet to win a game. All of our wins were with Bacuna at RB.

If this guy is in the starting 11 next season we won't be coming back. He bombs up and down the wing all game but the opposite full backs are happy for him to do that. 

• Like 3

Can't disrespect him as he sometimes looks the only player who tries. Just a shame he don't have the ability. Can see he is not getting influenced by the Lescott's an the Richard's, like the less experienced lads are.

As a player you can't wave a magic wand and make yourself better, you can't choose to be a better player than you are, all you can do is give 100% every game and play to the best of your ability. I think most of our team could learn a thing or two from Hutton, he's no great shakes, but what you see out there is what he's got, made for life or not he gives everything, and he deserves a bit of respect for that (in an ideal world that would be the minimum we expect from players, but let's get real for a second, even players straight from our academy barely break a sweat out there)

He's not particularly good, but given the rest of our team (barring Ayew who looks like he's about to burst into tears all the time) stroll around without a care in the world when they could be so much better I'm happy to cut Hutton some slack and personally I'd keep him here next season, even if he's not starting he'd be an experienced player who's actually a positive influence on others, somewhat of a rarity at VP

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, sne said:

So with Rangers now back in the SPL, could there be a chance of a Hutton return?

Will they want him? I take the argument about fans liking him for his workrate but he's a rubbish player who runs around like a headless chicken and I just cant warm to that type of footballer. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Will they want him? I take the argument about fans liking him for his workrate but he's a rubbish player who runs around like a headless chicken and I just cant warm to that type of footballer. 

No idea, he actually was very, very good when he played for Rangers, sure the fans and club has fond memories of him.

No doubt he's not good anymore, but the SPL is a joke league, he'll fit right in there.

Question is can they afford him?

Yes quite true, I don't know how long he has left on his Villa contract. I dont know why they give players who are border-line first team  3 or 4 year contracts. 1 or 2 years is more appropriate. 

• Like 1

Contracts run until :

2016 - Richardson, N'Zogbia, Kinsella, Donacien, Robinson, Calder 

2017 - Guzan, Okore, Bennett, Lescott, Hutton, Kozak, Bunn, Lyden 

2018 - Agbonlahor, Sanchez, Grealish, Cissokho, Gardner, Crespo 

2019 - Baker, Richards, Gueye, Sinclair, Gil, Steer 

2020 - Clarke, Bacuna, Westwood, Veretout, Ayew, Traore, Amavi, Gestede 

Â