Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Can't understand why fans would turn on someone who actually tries when tossers like Agbonlahor have gotten a free ride for years. Hutton may not be Dani Alves, but I'd easily take him over the alternative, which is presumably future CL star Bacuna, as Richards' ego doesn't fit at right back.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He gets applauded because he might be shit but at least he **** tries, far too often this season he's been our main attacking threat, it's embarrassing but it's because he runs up and down all day

for me this and its an absolute indictment on the rest of the squad since they are all probably more naturally talented but none work their arse off or want to get on the ball

Not defending any player at our club, but effort is not enough for me to like a player, Hutton has been by far our worst player this season, I do understand he is the only player (except for Ayew) that tries running, but he does not deserve to get applauded like that and has to be one of the first players we sell this summer, he is not only personally to blame for 10+ goals, he has ruined 85% of our attacks. I would rather just see him playing right back and try to do his job instead of all that awful stupid running that ruins our attack and defense. Put any proper fan on and they will be just as good with the same effort as hutton but get paid 100x less. Worst player at the club and the worst right back in the top 3 divisions in England.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can't see how anyone could see Hutton as our worst player this season. He's been in the top three for me (admittedly it's not a great contest!)

Effort does not equal good. He is the player that has made most defensive mistakes this season by faaaaaaar. not even Lescott x Guzan is close to the same amount of mistakes as Hutton has made. He runs a lot, but everytime he touches the ball in the oppositions final third he looses it. His positioning defensively is the worst I have ever seen (might be because he runs so much that he doesnt have the energy to get back). Making him to blame for most of our goals conceded this season and to blame for most of our attacks failing this season. 

• Like 2

The reason he is caught out so much is really simple, and it's the same reason Aly has had a mare today on the other side.

The midfield isn't good enough, and we don't have natural wide midfielders, only wing forwards, which leave the full backs persistently high and dry.

This, plus the 3x Defensive Midfielders means any wide defender in our team is going to look lost.

It is a credit to Hutton that he still tries to make an impact in both offensive and defensive capacities, when all around him he has no support and no passes on at any given point he is in possession.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MuleAthon said:

The reason he is caught out so much is really simple, and it's the same reason Aly has had a mare today on the other side.

The midfield isn't good enough, and we don't have natural wide midfielders, only wing forwards, which leave the full backs persistently high and dry.

This, plus the 3x Defensive Midfielders means any wide defender in our team is going to look lost.

It is a credit to Hutton that he still tries to make an impact in both offensive and defensive capacities, when all around him he has no support and no passes on at any given point he is in possession.

Right on the money. It's easy to hide and for all his limitations at least he doesn't do that. One of the few I'd keep for application and intent alone.

• Like 1

I can't fathom how anyone can still credit him with showing that he cares more than anyone else or has "fight" (for want of a better term) after what he did today, it personified cowardice. Putting in a challenge like that, when already on a booking, entirely unnecessarily, just made it appear as though he was looking for a way out more than anyone.

I can't wait for the day he leaves but unfortunately I can see him sticking around for the foreseeable.  

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

He gets applauded because he might be shit but at least he **** tries, far too often this season he's been our main attacking threat, it's embarrassing but it's because he runs up and down all day.

This. 

If we had 11 Alan Hutton's we would still be rock bottom of the league, but maybe we wouldn't have a thread entitled 'Players attutudes'.

The guy is crap, I'm not disputing that, but his heart is twice the size of many of the other tossers we have in the squad. 

27 minutes ago, av1 said:

This. 

If we had 11 Alan Hutton's we would still be rock bottom of the league, but maybe we wouldn't have a thread entitled 'Players attutudes'.

The guy is crap, I'm not disputing that, but his heart is twice the size of many of the other tossers we have in the squad. 

True, but would still get rid as he is still shite.

• Like 2

Â