Alan Hutton

Rich_D

On topic please this isn't a general transfer thread.

We're selling the general? :o

Yep but we're not going to be able to use all the money we get for him so we are only going to be able to sign a Colonel

Nice work there chaps :lol:

This would be a great signing if we could just get Habib Beye off the pay roll and would leave us with Hutton and Warnock as first choice with both Lichaj and Young as cover and able to play on both sides.

I rather play Young than Warnock any day of the week.

No way Young should cover, he's our best fullback imo. Mr dependable.

Im with you....

Left back is the worry.

Not for McLeish it isn't. He has been extremely impressed with Warnock. In all fairness if Warnock gets back to his Blackburn form and the form he showed during his first 6 months here then we'll have a very good left back and we'll all be happy.

The worry is not Warnock, rather the lack of cover there.

I prefer fullbacks in their right position, since you get a better performance level, which is better for the defence as a whole. All the swapping and changing last term, was the main reason our defense was shite.

This.. though i'm still not convinced Warnock is any better than.. well since he started really.

Why are people so adamant on wanting our best right back playing left back? I for one am looking forward to finally seeing round pegs in ROUND holes. Let's have proper balance to the team for once. Beye as backup to Young, most ppl were happy when we signed Beye and i refuse to think he just became shite over night. Our pressing concerns should now be a natural left back/winger and another am/winger. I feel Drenthe(Or a similar player) even on loan would be brilliant as he can cover either left back or left wing. Then we would only really NEED one more player.

Why are people so adamant on wanting our best right back playing left back? I for one am looking forward to finally seeing round pegs in ROUND holes.

Well it depends on your opinion of the players?

In extremely simple terms.

If you think Hutton is a better right back than Luke Young and Luke Young is a better left back than Warnock, then you'd play Hutton RB, Young LB?

Â