Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think people forget that Hutton got his £9m move to Tottenham on the back of his form for Rangers under McLeish. If anyone knows how to get the best out of him, then McLeish does.

Great point sir!

To add he was also known as a much more attacking full back in them days too!

In a poor league similar to the championship

So Mcleish can get the best out of him but Redknapp (who I despise by the way but still recognise what a decent manager he is) cannot get the best out of him?

So what you are saying is that different players do not respond to different managers?

So Mcleish can get the best out of him but Redknapp (who I despise by the way but still recognise what a decent manager he is) cannot get the best out of him?

He couldn't get the best out of Darren Bent but Houllier and Steve Bruce managed too.

Maybe Hutton is the other player in the world that Redknapp never managed to get the best out of.

3 and half year in Tottenham and 51 appearances. Spurs fans think he is woody.

We don't need him. Young and Lichaj are better

There's a long term injury and a loan spell at Sunderland in those 3 years.

Hutton have done well for us, just that we have better / more promising players and Hutton's contract is expiring.

Has much more to his game than Young, and by far much better than Lichaj.

Closer to Downing in quality in my opinion, though positions are difficult to compare. I expect him to be a key player if he moves.

I'm actually really surprised he became a full-back, at school he was very skillful and tended to play on the wing, I guess the youth coaches at Rangers didn't think he was good enough for the wing at pro-level and but saw something in him defensively which meant he was kept on as RB.

I think we see that in his game, IMO he's excellent going forward, not unlike Walker but with less of an engine, but he's prone to errors and lack of concentration at the back which at English Prem level, you get caught out.

In a poor league similar to the championship

Remember Dazza at Spurs?? I suppose you would rather we had signed Sandra?? :winkold:

I don't No.

Quick, aggressive, likes a tackle, not bad on the ball.Had Thomas in his pocket against the Boggies, whats to dislike?

Had a poor game against Citeeeeh, and for some reason held constantly against him.Would'nt buy Hutton, keep LYoung, and have a look at Licjah.

:D lichaj's awful in my opinion

to be fair, you do have some very strange opinions.

you don't think he's awful?

I wasn't making a judgment on Lichaj's ability (personally I think he's average, decent as a squad player though) I was just thinking of many of the players you've massively hyped up (EM comes to mind :D ) and it just seems surreal that now you're making a judgment that's the polar opposite of what you normally come up with, i.e. saying a player is awful rather than great.

Â