Alan Hutton

Rich_D

I think we'll see the likes of Baker and Lichaj given a run out at LB when needed.

TBH, McLeish did a decent job of converting Ridgewell into a LB, I can see him doing the same with Nathan Baker, who's already played there a couple of times and done well (barring the red card :winkold: )

As for Hutton, he's not a bad RB at all but fallen out with twitchy face. However, i'd like us to part with Beye before bringing in another fullback

I don't think we really need Hutton, nor do I particularly rate him, but I have barely ever seen him play in fairness. I suppose if we could get him for a decent price, then it'd be a good signing, any higher than £4 million then walk away. Levy can **** off with his ridiculous valuation of players. I bet he still thinks he could sell Keane for £10 million.

Why are people so adamant on wanting our best right back playing left back? I for one am looking forward to finally seeing round pegs in ROUND holes.

The problem is that SW looked poor back end of MON reign, and poor last season and then poor against Walsall.

The solution is to get a better left back.

Problem is there are little to no decent left backs out there that available.

Solution. Play Young there instead.

That leaves right back free and with Hutton available (as he fell out with 'arry during the later stages of last season), we should go for him and think a little bit towards the future.

LY is 32, AH is 26

Must admit last season ive never seen a fullback give away so many stupid free kicks in dangerous areas as Warnock i remember actually saying to myself dont give a stupid freekick away now steve and he did so predictable

Thing is, if people want someone other than Warnock at left back, but why the pre-occupation with a right back!!!

Hutton would mean Young going to left back, yet Young is a better right back than Hutton!

Hutton then becomes treated to the Warnock factor, and we will then proberly buy a left back to enable Young to return at Right Back....

And then it continues......

Heres an idea, why dont we just go out and buy a Bloody left back in the first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want Hutton here because he's a fantastic right back. It's up to McLeish how he juggles it. Luke Young was brilliant at the tail end of last season at left back so if that's what we have to do then so be it. I don't think it particularly compromises his game to be over there. If Warnock is better than him then he plays there. Ultimately the combination of the best 2 will play and the team will benefit. Hutton and Young are very different players so it depends how McLeish wants to set the team up, how adaptable he wants his squad and how he wants to employ his fullbacks. If he wants marauding fullbacks then he'll have to bring in Hutton. If he doesn't then he won't.

Luke Young is getting on now though.

We might struggle to get a full season out of him if he has anymore niggling injuries.

True.....

We do have Licaj and Beye as back up, and although he has his critics, i think the young American is a talent that just needs games to rebuild his confidence.

Baker can play left back, but is a CB, and better at CB.

Personally, i would be buying someone that can bite Warnocks heels, which would get the best out of Warnock whom seemed to be in the comfort zone last season.

Bringing in a left back strengthens all of our options in Defense as a whole.

I think Hutton is a run of the mill player. No better than a fit Young but obviously has more yrs left in him. If I was AM asking Randy to sign a player then id be asking him to spend the extra and bring back Walker. I thought he was a tidy player with bags of potential.

Hutton strikes me as a mid table standard player at best. Unfortunately though we may have to start considering that this is what we now are...

Â