Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Lichaj did pretty well for the US in the Gold Cup as well, to be fair. Something like three of their goals throughout the tournament originated from Lichaj's right-back zone. Also looked comfortable on the left, so he's excellent backup at very least.

One heck of a throw on him too...

• 2 weeks later...
Should N'Zogbia complete his deal to Villa, then only need Alan Hutton to sign #AVFC

fourth official tweeted this he has been very reliable so far with transfers.

Hutton to Villa seems very, very likely.

As likely as SWP to Spurtz was a few years ago or less likely than that?

Whys that glaston seems to have gone really quiet on that happening in the press.

Because of things that are being reported outside of the press by various informed people (not me).

And also because it makes sense: Hutton is not really needed at Spurs whilst Villa could do with a RB and he'll get more playing chances with you than at Spurs. Plus McLeish knows Hutton well.

I'm not saying it's 100% (nothing is until a contract is signed), just very very likely IMO.

If Cuellar is sticking with us, he could be used a versatile defender. Then we really wouldn't need Hutton. Just give us Walker instead.

But I agree the priority should preferably be a defensive midfielder.

Right back is in no way as much of a priority as centre midfield.

We've got the following central midfielders on our books ...

Petrov

Makoun

Delph

Ireland

Gardner

Bannan

Hogg

apart from Gardner, we've seen all the others are capable when called upon of doing a job

we have Luke Young and Eric Lichaj as right backs

Petrov

Makoun

Delph

Ireland

Gardner

Bannan

Hogg

apart from Gardner, we've seen all the others are capable when called upon of doing a job

You really need to split that list up into attacking mids and defensive mids.

There are only two players there who can play the defensive mid role in Petrov and Hogg.

I think Petrov is getting too old to rely on and Hogg hasn't shown he is up to it.

We need to get a midfield anchor if our season is going to go anywhere. Parker would be fantastic.

Petrov

Makoun

Delph

Ireland

Gardner

Bannan

Hogg

I think being called upon isn't enough personally. We have N'Zogbia (hopefully) Bent ...it'd really nice to finish that off with another excellent midfielder, then we'd really look strong.

I'd rather have 1 very good central, 3 decent central midfielders.

than 6 decent central midfielders. Just look how much we missed someone like Milner.

If we play 2 in midfield, only Petrov/Makoun/Delph are capable IMO. Bannan and Ireland couldn't do it for me.

Hogg is shit quite frankly and Gardner is still very young.

Â