Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Its not personal or harsh, he's just an extremely poor player and in all honesty probably wouldnt have been starting if not for injuries.

It's not injuries. It's one injury.

He's rubbish. Not his fault, it's not down to lack of effort. Just ability.

As I said a while back on this thread before Baker is James Collins with a quiff but with less skill if that is possible. We should have given Clark a shout on the basis he is a footballer not a stopper.

• Like 1

I think Lambert rates him. He started the season alongside Vlaar with both Clark and Okore on the bench. For much of this season he has started ahead of Clark and even though Lambert knew from September that Okore was out for the season he failed to even bring in a short term replacement in January.

My opinion of him is that he is as brave as a lion and never gives less than 100% but lacks quality and is way out of his depth at Prem level.

Edited by markavfc40

Personally I would like to see him have a season long loan to a championship side. I agree with Mark that he is fearless but is it just inexperience or him being utter shite that shows itself week in week out.

Edited by Harry

As I said a while back on this thread before Baker is James Collins with a quiff but with less skill if that is possible. We should have given Clark a shout on the basis he is a footballer not a stopper.

The idea that Clark is a footballer is also laughable, people think that just because we played him in midfield for a bit, at centre half he's just as much an aimless hoofer as Baker.

The idea that Clark is a footballer is also laughable, people think that just because we played him in midfield for a bit, at centre half he's just as much an aimless hoofer as Baker.

Don't agree with that but I also don't think that he should be a first choice start for us.

Edited by Harry

Does anyone on this forum rate him?? Gentleman, Momo, mantis, Richard?????

I support all the players. He is young. Has got a lot to learn. I always find Clark to be the better player, but Baker the braver. I always thought Okore and Vlaar were going to be the partnership, and the reserves to be Clark and Baker, which is what Lambert was planning it seems.

Baker's got a lot of potential - he's still a kid and it's rough learning your trade in a bad side.

Best post of the thread.

He'll improve dramatically but he really should not be playing so much as his inexperience is exposed against other players at this level.

• Like 1

Â