Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I thought he did relatively ok tbh and the pass for the disallowed goal was exactly what DB will thrive on......right on the money, so to speak.

The only thing with Jean II is that when his games done, its done. He fades right out of the game in a very short time and I'm glad Hou had the sense to bring him off when he did. He'll be alright for us, but needs more Prem experience under his belt.

He came into the league with what appeared to be high enthusiasm and he impressed a few of us with his early performances.

But reality kicked in and his red card, the poor results for the team and the pace of the league have knocked his confidence IMO.

He's not sure what he can do without conceding a free or getting booked.

But the more he plays the better he will get and a pre season will do wonders for him. He has the pedigree and has shown some of what he can do already.

I think this signing has been a side ways signing. We already have perfectly capable midfielders who play the a very similar role Petrov, NRC, Delph and Johnson.

He had an average game today a great through ball to Bent who was onside, But gave the ball alway far too much. Petrov is Villas key midfielder, the last three season tell us that.

Although he is miles better that Pires - that really is a shocker and a backwards signing!

I never seen him play until we signed him, but i think at this stage of the season i'd keep him out and have Petrov and Reo as our two center mids. i honestly think he's to light and gets pushed and shoved all over the park. Maybe next year he will have become used to the rough part of the league. For me the manure game where he passed the ball all over the place was great but other than that i don't think he's been all that great..

I've said it before: we really shouldn't try to blood him in the premier league in a relegation dogfight. It won't help him or us.
Yep, this is what i agree with. He should have never been fecked into this type of situation imo, he's a good player but well off the pace of what a prem relegation dog fight is all about.. Next season we could do with his fancy passing skills but now is not the time.

Probably needs a spell - but showed what he can do when he controls the football in setting up our "second". He just needs the confidence to do that rather than try to pass the ball with his first touch every time.

It will come.

Having watched it back on the telly I think I was overly critical of his performance although for me it was still poor. The problem as I see it is that he doesn't belong in this particular team. He may do well in a future GH team that is focused on holding the ball and passing around opponents but that team doesn't exist at the moment.

The problem of course is will GH still be here to create that passing team.

Makoun is a bit too smart for some of our players at the moment! They'll get used to it after a while but he is the type of player we need more of!

I disagree, he's far too lightweight to play central midfield in the Premier League. Wasn't he supposed to be a box to box all action gritty player? Steward Downing puts in more of a shift than Makoun.

He does look very nervous. I think it's a mistake playing him at this current stage. He'll come good next season though I reckon.

Id say this is pretty much on the money.

Getting the red and conceding that penalty, and the reactions of us fans to them both due to our precarious position, have affected him IMO.

He just needs time.

I think this signing has been a side ways signing. We already have perfectly capable midfielders who play the a very similar role Petrov, NRC, Delph and Johnson.
Really?

Â