Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Heard murmurings about Bent also not showing what he is made of

Given that you are posting such comment must mean you havent seen any of the games much. Therefore your opinions on Bradley and Makoun not living up to expectation must also be hearsay.

But surely by the stat of 5 goals in 9 games, in what you would freely admit is a team very much struggling, is indication that those murmurings are in fact horse shit.

I've heard murmurings that Houllier is loved by all the players. Now you could take that as horse shit or that I have in fact made such murmurings up.

You need to calm down a bit.

What have I said here ? I have said there have been murmurings from people that they feel Bent is not performing added to the other two of Makoun and Bradley sort of reduces the hype that Houllier had had a brilliant January for transfers.

Although Bent and Makoun have been good.

If five goals in nine games is not performing, then I hope Bent carries on 'not performing'. We knew what we were getting with Bent - a player who's game is almost purely based on goals. This is what we're getting from him. I don't see how he's 'not performing'.

Bradley was a loan; a US international and worth a look.

Makoun clearly needs time.

I want Houllier out as well, but blimey! Some people take it way too far even to the point of seemingly making stuff up.

What have I said here ? I have said there have been murmurings from people that they feel Bent is not performing added to the other two of Makoun and Bradley sort of reduces the hype that Houllier had had a brilliant January for transfers.

Firstly Richard I'm very calm, in fact not sure how youve come to the conclusion that I am not other than the wording of horse shit. My post is not aggressive and if the swearing is a sign of anger then you should be telling most people on here to calm down.

Secondly if I wasnt calm I dont need you to tell me what I do or do not need to do.

As for the rest of your reply well all I was pointing out was that Bent is playing well and that the "murmurings" youve heard are rubbish. You seem to know that Makoun and Bradley are not playing well yet you choose to post the murmurings about Bent. Surely if you know that Makoun and Bradley arent playing well then it is pointless posting about murmurings unless either you agree with them or you havent seen many games but then that begs the question how do you know the other two arent playing well unless as I said its based on more hearsay.

Yours calmly,

Heard murmurings about Bent also not showing what he is made of

Given that you are posting such comment must mean you havent seen any of the games much. Therefore your opinions on Bradley and Makoun not living up to expectation must also be hearsay.

But surely by the stat of 5 goals in 9 games, in what you would freely admit is a team very much struggling, is indication that those murmurings are in fact horse shit.

I've heard murmurings that Houllier is loved by all the players. Now you could take that as horse shit or that I have in fact made such murmurings up.

Nice to see some things never change even though ive been off for a while, Bent not performing, do me a favour.

Makoun will come good, he's still very new to the league and has joined a team who are struggling, with alot of pressure and he doesn't speak English. It'll take time for him to play at his best.
I agree with every word of that except for the "will".

He MAY come good but if he didn't, he wouldn't be the first who had failed to adapt.

This is always the risk of taking a punt on up and coming young players from overseas leagues.

You can't argue with his goal scoring record but I don't think bents performed well. He's done what he does best and it's a fantastic thing to do and shows why he's such a good signing. Saying that though I haven't been that impressed with his performances and I think that's because he needs someone next to him and we've only done that properly once and for that I blame houllier.

As for makoun he's been hit and miss, it's no guarantee he'll be good enough to help us challenge for 4th yet.

Makoun will come good, he's still very new to the league and has joined a team who are struggling, with alot of pressure and he doesn't speak English. It'll take time for him to play at his best.

He MAY come good but if he didn't, he wouldn't be the first who had failed to adapt.

This is always the risk of taking a punt on up and coming young players from overseas leagues.

He's 27...and has vast international and champions league experience...

He's 27...and has vast international and champions league experience...

And that's no guarantee he will make in the premier league.

I really can't see what there is to argue about here. He hasn't exactly set the premier league on fire so far, has he? I hope he does, for his sake and ours, but he might not and, if he didn't, he wouldn't be the first overseas player to fail to adapt.

And I think that's because he needs someone next to him

Just like you thought Dunne and Collins should be given more chances to play together yes? After that weekend performance you still agree with your statement?

thanks but i'll take rubbish performances if it means he'll continue banging in goals personally.. that said I'd give Heskey a chance alongside him can't be worse than gabby alongside him i'd imagine.

i think makoun will become one of the best midfield players weve seen wearing our famous claret and blue just give him some time to settle in hopefully we will stay up and he can have a full pre-season then i think we will see a great player week in week out!!!!

VTID

Just like you thought Dunne and Collins should be given more chances to play together yes? After that weekend performance you still agree with your statement?

One goal was Walkers fault, the other Makoun's Dunne & Collins actually played OK tbh

One goal was Walkers fault, the other Makoun's Dunne & Collins actually played OK tbh

The same Collins that was all over the place for Osman's goal despite Walker giving it away?

He was rubbish, infact they both were.

Oh come on Collins should have tackled or put some challenge in on him.

I dont know what to make of the blame Makoun for something he didnt do thing anymore.

No, the first goal was Walkers initial fault but then Collins got caught more flat footed than a penguin on a rubber mat and was also at fault. Makoun at fault for the second? Whether he should or shouldnt be in that position to be looking to make a tackle the fact is he didnt and it was the ref that was at fault for the second.

I think he was alluding to the fact you called him an up and coming young player from overseas.

Yep...

Sorry, but that's what he is. I suppose we could argue about the definition of "young" - that always depends on the age of the person who's counting :) but he has flourished so far in one of the weaker European leagues and for a national side who have not torn up any trees for quite a while. This is a big move for him and he has a lot to prove.

As they used to say in the Times letters pages, from my point of view, this correspondence is now closed. I can only state the bleeding obvious so many times without getting bored.

I haven't been following him since he moved to Villa, but a couple of years ago, he was a brilliant CM. So, I have to say it does seem odd that he couldn't get in Lyon's side as regularly, that his fee was so low and the Villa was his best option. Otherwise I'd agree with those saying he will come good etc. Maybe he's had some injuries in the last couple of years and isn't the player he was. He used to be a rare commodity in that he was an excellent DM, who could pass the ball really well. He was a cross between Makelele and Pirlo.

Â