Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

5 goals in 9 games.. says yes he does work well really.

Relegation fight and shit form suggests bent on his own doesn't work very well for us.

Your opinion is exactly that your opinion, I was merely stating your opinion is not always right and I simply disagree (with some facts involved)

Funny how you didn't just say that then.

you've looked "foolish" by saying his performances have been dire when stats say otherwise and tbh his performances throughout his career haven't been outstanding.. he scores goals thats it, don't expect drogba like performances from him..

:lol:

I said he's goal scoring is good but he's performances have been poor and you've just said similar but seem to be angry about it. That word foolish seems to be correct

But that's exactly what you get, we bought a player who is 'okay' general play, not bad and it hasn't bee but not brilliant but someone who is excellent in front of goal. He hasn't disappointed. Expecting anything more would be foolish because we knew what we were buying.

And I wasn't slagginh him off for that. I said he's goal scoring shows what a good signing he is, I think his lack of ability in other parts of his game is why he should have a proper forward upfront with him. I was then told because I think dunne and Collins should play that my opinion on bent was obviously rubbish.

Relegation fight and shit form suggests bent on his own doesn't work very well for us.

No it suggests our defence is shit (I suggest you look up stats if we kept our leads up)

Funny how you didn't just say that then.

Say what exactly?

I said he's goal scoring is good but he's performances have been poor and you've just said similar but seem to be angry about it. That word foolish seems to be correct

No not really, you seem to think Heskey alongside him (Which I am all for trying) will some how churn out some great performances from him.. which isn't the case at all.. so foolish perhaps for you seems correct.

I was then told because I think dunne and Collins should play that my opinion on bent was obviously rubbish.

Right and when did I state your opinion was rubbish?

You question my opinion on a front two because I think Collins and dunne should play.

I assume people will be questioning your future posts based on your geography knowledge.

Maybe they will (not that it has anything to do with this anyway).. but the fact still remains Dunne and Collins were useless together and I still disagree with your opinion that Bent will somehow throw out these amazing performances that you so badly think will happen.

You question my opinion on a front two because I think Collins and dunne should play.

I assume people will be questioning your future posts based on your geography knowledge.

Don't worry he still respects your opinion regardless of how wrong your previous opinions may have been shown to be.

Yes of course because I stated my opinion holds more value :| .. total nonsense.. not to mention it's a totally different scenario.. anyway it seems simply questioning ones opinion has lead to people thinking "their opinion is total rubbish"..

Utterly useless today yet got 2 motm votes on the match thread. Unbelievable.

Couldn't win a tackle if his life depended on it, pushed off the ball, gave the ball away, totally and utterly useless and the worst player on the pitch today by a country mile. Petrov may be getting on but he was twice the player Makoun was today.

Utterly useless today yet got 2 motm votes on the match thread. Unbelievable.

Couldn't win a tackle if his life depended on it, pushed off the ball, gave the ball away, totally and utterly useless and the worst player on the pitch today by a country mile. Petrov may be getting on but he was twice the player Makoun was today.

Bol

Lox.

Makoun made a few sloppy passes but was otherwise good. 6/10

I thought Makoun was alright today. He get's about the pitch a lot better than both Reo and Petrov.

I thought Petrov looked poor and didn't look completely match fit. I was calling for him to be subbed rather than Makoun.

I like him but I have to agree, he was pretty useless today. He wasn't mobile, didn't impose himself at all on the game, gave the ball away too much and his passing was pretty rubbish. Aside from the asist to the disallowed goal which was a superb pass don't get me wrong, he was pretty anonymous. A good win today and I don't want to take anything away from the victory (I am going to though), but Newcastle were pretty awful and those last ten minutes we were back to typical old villa, cringing to watch. It's about time we got some luck though.

Makoun=quick ball=goal threat.

He will have better days. I think he'll be a fan's favourite in future. Milner and Downing copped a lot of unfair criticism when they started out with us as well. Makoun has real talent, and if he has the motivation he could be a real star for us next season imo.

I think he's a bit of a luxury player to have in CM.

He's similar to Scholes in that he can play a brilliant pass at times, but can't tackle worth a darn. But even Scholes, for all his superior attacking qualities, I wouldn't trust to be in a 2-man cm for a relegation scrap. The next 4 teams are our most realistic chance to pick up points and all those teams are our direct relegation rivals. I wouldn't want to depend on our last two fixtures against Pool and Arse to pick up enough points to be mathematically safe.

So, no, I don't trust Makoun in CM and would rather see NRC and Petrov in there.

Â