Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun is a bit too smart for some of our players at the moment! They'll get used to it after a while but he is the type of player we need more of!

Totally agree with this. Makoun is streets ahead of anything else we have got at the moment concerning technical ability.

I thought he was excellent in the first half with his passing and very rarely lost the ball.

Second half he tired and as a result of that his passing started to suffer.

With a good pre-season we will all see how good he is next season and with hopefully better players around him to read his game.

Makoun is a bit too smart for some of our players at the moment! They'll get used to it after a while but he is the type of player we need more of!

I disagree, he's far too lightweight to play central midfield in the Premier League.

Rubbish, Modric, Nasri & Pienaar dont exactly struggle do they?

Totally agree with this. Makoun is streets ahead of anything else we have got at the moment concerning technical ability.

I thought he was excellent in the first half with his passing and very rarely lost the ball.

With a good pre-season we will all see how good he is next season and with hopefully better players around him to read his game.

Agree with this. I also think he would be much better suited to a 4-3-3 where there is an extra body in CM.

------------- NRC ------------ = DCM

------ Makoun ---------------- = playmaker

------------------ Delph ------ = ACM

for me, from what we have currently.

I don't 'get' how you can come to this conclusion after Sunday. Petrov was better than him in every respect, yet Makoun has this Steven Ireland ability to be better than everyone else without anyone actually knowing it?

Makoun certainly has potential, and has shown some glimpses of excellence, but I dont agree with this downgrading of the players we already have.

I disagree, he's far too lightweight to play central midfield in the Premier League. Wasn't he supposed to be a box to box all action gritty player? Steward Downing puts in more of a shift than Makoun.

He isn't heavy duty but he doesn't need to be - not if he's paired with someone a bit heftier (such as NRC). Him and Petrov didn't exactly struggle yesterday.

If he played for Newcastle or Spurs say, I don't think anybody on here would be clamouring to buy him based on his performances so far. If we want to go down the route of playing a small, skilful player, I think Bannan has more to his game and more potential than Makoun to be honest.

Bannan is nowhere near ready for our 1st team

Disagree.

Maybe a step off being a starter, but certainly not a million miles away.

The last 2 games I can remember him playing for us, (City Away, Blackburn Home) he was our best player, on which basis he should atleast be in the squad.

Not saying you havent JPA18, but you really need to have been at the games to appreciate how good he's been.

Disagree.

The last 2 games I can remember him playing for us, (City Away, Blackburn Home) he was our best player, on which basis he should atleast be in the squad.

Not saying you havent JPA18, but you really need to have been at the games to appreciate how good he's been.

He has the Steve Sidwell ability of disappearing for large parts of the game and isn't particularly good defensively.

He played well in front of 2 deeper centre-midfielders behind him; to be honest though it's a null point, besides the similarities in appearances, Barry and Jean are two very different players.

I disagree, he's far too lightweight to play central midfield in the Premier League.

Rubbish, Modric, Nasri & Pienaar dont exactly struggle do they?

True, but he neeeds to learn how to play in the prem and be lightweight. It took Modric and Nasri time, it'll take Makoun time.

I agree with Risso, he does look lightweight. he gets shoved off the ball sometimes, and maybe he's used to getting fouls for that kind of physicality.

I agree with people saying he has to adjust to the prem. Part of that adjusting is learning to play with being "lightweight"

I was at City away, and I thought he was very poor, as was virtually our entire team. I have also seen him in action on various occasions this season and thought the game has totally passed him by - his passing (despite being touted as his best attribute) is often too ambitious and wayward, and his off-the-ball positioning and awareness means that when we lose possession we are effectively down to 10.

I might be being harsh, but its what I think. I'd loan him out for another half season, at least.

Disagree.

He has the Steve Sidwell ability of disappearing for large parts of the game and isn't particularly good defensively. He played well in front of 2 deeper centre-midfielders behind him; to be honest though it's a null point, besides the similarities in appearances, Barry and Jean are two very different players.

Agree with that, which is why I wouldnt be starting him. Once he learns to dictate play and get involved more, then he will become a first team reguler.

Bannan isn't ready iMO. Not yet, he's fine on the ball but a hindrance off it. He needs to move more, needs to work on his tackling and harrying as well. Makoun needs time to grow into this team, he's a link man. He sprays it around, he's the spider in the centre of the web. He's got vision, but need to be played in a 3 man mid iMO. Next to NRC, who's the bustling aggressive one, and Petrov/Delph, the tacklers/technical players.

One he gets Bent, young/Albrighton and Downing onto his wavelength, we'll see how good he is, as some of his through balls are excellent. The one to Bent for our 'second' was good. He also tried a lovely chip to DJ as well.

I don't think some of our players are on his wavelength. He plays first time passes a lot and on a few occasions caught Petrov by surprise as he didnt expect the ball to be played so quickly. I've seen this in every game where he has played where he plays a first time pass and the intended target is caught on their heels a bit and it results in an interception.

He will come good though. I'm sure of it. He has great quality on the ball and will develop an understanding with the other players the more he trains with them and maybe even more importantly when his english improves.

I think he tries things that maybe a Gourcuff or Toulalan would anticipate and they don't really come off.

At the end of the day, all it will take is time, every player needs it to a certain extent and it's not something I'd criticise a player for.

Makoun has the making of being a very very good player for us. He just needs to settle in and adapt, lets not forget he came from a foriegn league halfway through the season.

He's shown signs of real class and as pointed out further up its as if he's just not quite on the same level as our players. I expect he'll be like downing was, poor first season, then once he's settled and had a pre season witht he squad he'll be one of our best players.

Struggled yesterday alongside Petrov. I think it was a case of not knowing between them, whom was supposed to be the holding player, and whom was supposed to me the more advanced of the two. Certainly the case in the first twenty minutes or so.

Still some deft touches from him, likes to get stuck in, and a supurb ball for Bent's "goal".

He will be different class next season, trust me!

I've seen Bannan have far better games than Makoun this season. If Bannan isn't ready for the first team, then Makoun certainly isn't. But then, as Houllier bought Makoun, he "has" to play him, even if he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

And never mind Makoun's pass to Bent yesterday, I would refer everybody to approximately 1' 25" into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJsiMmGJyYA.

Â