Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I really rate Delph. I'm just not sure how you get him into the same team as Makoun as I see them playing in the same space. Neither are defensive midfielders. I don't think either of them are attacking CM'ers - possibly Delph could be. So I see them both in the sitting/playmaker role similar to, say, Xavi. I also see Bannan in this role. I also think all three of those need to be in a 3 man CM?

------------- DCM --------------

--- Delph/Makoun/Bannan ---

------------- ACM --------------

I still like Makoun, good player. Still some basic stray passes that need cutting out but always still shows his class. The key with him is though is other players movement. As long as players keep moving for him, then he'll be very good and that's the sort of football we want to be playing anyway. There is no point of giving him the ball and then standing still. Hopefully defensively he improves.

That pretty much sums up my hopes for him, he looks a tidy little player. If we can get like minded players around him then he'll start to look better. I would say we'll see him at his best next season. It is not easy to come into a squad half way through a season, especialy one as bad as we're having.

I would like to see a younger Viera sized DM next to him, as I feel we're a little short on brute strength and heading ability in CM, and we could do with some extra height for set pieces. Perhaps that is why we're linked with Mariga from Inter.

I would like to see a younger Viera sized DM next to him, as I feel we're a little short on brute strength and heading ability in CM, and we could do with some extra height for set pieces. Perhaps that is why we're linked with Mariga from Inter.

Wouldn't that mean losing your CM pairing for the next two Januarys with the African Nations Cup??

I rate Delph much higher than Bannan.

Same here. Although Bannan does look very tidy indeed, i think Delph could really go on and be a top player. He just needs a manager to show a bit more faith in him.

I dont (yet).

I've not seen Delph produce any MOTM performances yet, but I have seen atleast 3 from Bannan.

Wouldn't that mean losing your CM pairing for the next two Januarys with the African Nations Cup??

I guess so, you're right that would be a bit rubbish. Perhaps we'll go for somone similar but probably European. I don't mind where they're from, as long as they can add some steel and height to the midfield and can fit in with the pass and move style we're trying to adopt.

I really rate Delph. I'm just not sure how you get him into the same team as Makoun as I see them playing in the same space. Neither are defensive midfielders. I don't think either of them are attacking CM'ers - possibly Delph could be. So I see them both in the sitting/playmaker role similar to, say, Xavi. I also see Bannan in this role. I also think all three of those need to be in a 3 man CM?

Rotation.

I still like Makoun, good player. Still some basic stray passes that need cutting out but always still shows his class. The key with him is though is other players movement. As long as players keep moving for him, then he'll be very good and that's the sort of football we want to be playing anyway. There is no point of giving him the ball and then standing still. Hopefully defensively he improves.

That pretty much sums up my hopes for him, he looks a tidy little player. If we can get like minded players around him then he'll start to look better. I would say we'll see him at his best next season. It is not easy to come into a squad half way through a season, especialy one as bad as we're having.

Agree. As for Makoun's defence, the poor bugger has been wronged by referees since he pulled on our shirt. It's no wonder he's become hesitant in defence.

If we are getting another midfielder in, it's got to be a big bloke. We have three brilliant-but-tiny midfielders in Bannan, Makoun and Delph. Talent-wise they all deserve a place in the team, but collectively their size would hold us back imo.

Delph has the dribbling and passing ability to easily play in the attacking role, although I feel he would be wasted there.

Wanted to see Makoun on for Heskey in the second half, but perhaps just as well it was Gabby. In fairness to Makoun, other than a few stout tackles and one good cross field pass, NRC looked no better than Makoun last week and I felt Makoun could have had more influence in the middle today. Difficult to argue after the win, but my thoughts anyway.

• 1 month later...

We've gotta an all important game against Liverpool, which will decide where in the midtable dross we end up and he decides to jump ship! An absolute and utter disgrace!!!

Â