Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I've seen Bannan have far better games than Makoun this season. If Bannan isn't ready for the first team, then Makoun certainly isn't. But then, as Houllier bought Makoun, he "has" to play him, even if he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

And never mind Makoun's pass to Bent yesterday, I would refer everybody to approximately 1' 25" into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJsiMmGJyYA.

Bannon is a strange one Risso, i will give you that. Even sat on the Bench, he gives you options. The only thing i can justify his loan over, is if Houllier decided to stick with his more experienced players for the run in?

I've seen Bannan have far better games than Makoun this season. If Bannan isn't ready for the first team, then Makoun certainly isn't. But then, as Houllier bought Makoun, he "has" to play him, even if he doesn't deserve to be in the team.

And never mind Makoun's pass to Bent yesterday, I would refer everybody to approximately 1' 25" into http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJsiMmGJyYA.

without looking, Bannan to Albrighton? Fulham away?

I agree Bannan is the closest we have to a 'playmaker' but at the moment I think its sensible to keept the kids who have a massive future away from the squad in games like yesterday. Experience counts for alot.

Everybody is saying that Makoun needs time to get used to the Premier League etc, and then in the same topic it's that he's more experienced?

Doesn't seem that logical to me.

Everybody is saying that Makoun needs time to get used to the Premier League etc, and then in the same topic it's that he's more experienced?

The PL is much faster than any other league in the world and can often take foreign imports, even good quality imports, quite a while to adjust. IMO, this is especially the case when (a) they are playing in the engine room and (B) they come in midway through a season and don't have a pre-season.

The PL is much faster than any other league in the world and can often take foreign imports, even good quality imports, quite a while to adjust. IMO, this is especially the case when (a) they are playing in the engine room and (B) they come in midway through a season and don't have a pre-season.

I also think that being stuck between two systems does not help. I know we played 4-4-2 yesterday....well on paper we did. But it looked more like an half way house at times.

Makoun had a lot of stray passes not denying that, he also had a lot of very quick passes that sometimes, for me atleast, it seemed as though he was trying to pass it into a bit of space but the others players either didnt see it or didnt react to it, making it go stray. Dont get me wrong, he had a bad game but it wasn't as bad as it seemed - he just needs to adapt to the league and our players need to adapt to him.

I think with new players coming in who can read the game or who are better on the ball - for instance I think when Clark is the heart of the defence, he is much cooler on the ball, where as when Makoun passed it to Dunne/Collins they looked flabbergasted.

When it comes to midfield we are lucky we have some great young passers waiting in the wings in Bannan and Delph, who I think will both be very good for us next year. We do need a defensive midfielder who can read the game though, NRC has done much better at this of late and would like us to keep him as I think he will do well when there are lots of passers around him and he only needs to do it every now and then - his main job being to protect the defence. However, I would like us to go back in for Oriol Romeu as the Barca fans seem to really rate him, will obviously have been brought up being taught how to read the game and pass, he's also very strong and think he'd be a good choice for a decent young DM. (Pep said he was able to go out on loan, according to Barca fans they were dissappointed as they feel that when one of their players goes out on loan it's just a precursor to being sold a their players rarely return apparently)

The thing that yesterday made clear to me, is that we are going to need a replacement for Petrov. I dont think this will be Makoun, Reo Coker or Bannan. Petrov brings leadership and guidance to the team, particularly to the defense, which no one else does. Without him, we look like a rudderless ship. For this reason, I'd like to see someone like Parker come in at the end of the season.

Exactly, so why continue to play him in a relegation dogfight? I'd much rather see two of Petrov, NRC or Delph to be honest.

Parker 5 years younger would be nice, but there'd be no point buying him now IMO. It's a shame that Fofana deal fell through (though surely it will be completed this summer?), as I'd have liked to see what he can do.

Who would you go for, if anyone?

Do we need someone else, or is Makoun going to evolve into the player we need.

Parker 5 years younger would be nice, but there'd be no point buying him now IMO. It's a shame that Fofana deal fell through (though surely it will be completed this summer?), as I'd have liked to see what he can do.

I think Makoun can do the Petrov role next season, but we need someone in terms of a leader and a voice elsewhere on the pitch.

This .. just because he has more experience doesn't mean he can handle the pace of the PL like an english player.. that said he has CL experience that half of our squad haven't got at all, he has shown glimpses that he is another level at times compared to some of our squad imo.

I think Makoun can do the Petrov role next season, but we need someone in terms of a leader and a voice elsewhere on the pitch.

*cough* Sakho *cough* A Leader and a proper CB who will work alongside Clark.. would we get him is another question though.

They look totally different players to me. Makoun just doesn't seeem to have any defensive ability. He's neat and tidy and has an eye for a nice through pass, as we saw yesterday, but is that enough?

Â