Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Just like you thought Dunne and Collins should be given more chances to play together yes? After that weekend performance you still agree with your statement?

So you think bent on his own works well?

And you don't think a defensive partnership needs games together? Especially when both are back for awhile.

I really fail to see how my opinion on Collins and dunne is linked to bent. If we're going by other opinions then as you've looked foolish everytime you've defended houllier we shouldn't listen to anything else you've got to say.

I think he was alluding to the fact you called him an up and coming young player from overseas.

Yep...

Sorry, but that's what he is. I suppose we could argue about the definition of "young" - that always depends on the age of the person who's counting :) but he has flourished so far in one of the weaker European leagues and for a national side who have not torn up any trees for quite a while. This is a big move for him and he has a lot to prove.

As they used to say in the Times letters pages, from my point of view, this correspondence is now closed. I can only state the bleeding obvious so many times without getting bored.

No that's what he's not.

up and coming young player? by that thought process, James Collins, Nigel Reo-Coker, Stewart Downing, Darren Bent are all up and coming young players....with less European experience as well mind.

And I think that's because he needs someone next to him

Just like you thought Dunne and Collins should be given more chances to play together yes? After that weekend performance you still agree with your statement?

Dies that mean his opinion has less worth?

So you think bent on his own works well?

And you don't think a defensive partnership needs games together? Especially when both are back for awhile.

I really fail to see how my opinion on Collins and dunne is linked to bent. If we're going by other opinions then as you've looked foolish everytime you've defended houllier we shouldn't listen to anything else you've got to say.

5 goals in 9 games.. says yes he does work well really.

Games together at this crucial stage? sorry but no Dunne and Collins are useless.

Your opinion is exactly that your opinion, I was merely stating your opinion is not always right and I simply disagree (with some facts involved) and you've looked "foolish" by saying his performances have been dire when stats say otherwise and tbh his performances throughout his career haven't been outstanding.. he scores goals thats it, don't expect drogba like performances from him... oh and you've also looked "foolish" by wanting Dunne and Collins in the back like they are world beaters this season or something, Cuellar is much better in defence than those two clowns.

But hey ho, you carry on thinking it's you against the world (or houllier in your case).

And I think that's because he needs someone next to him

Dies that mean his opinion has less worth?

Read the above.

I think he was alluding to the fact you called him an up and coming young player from overseas.

Yep...

Sorry, but that's what he is. I suppose we could argue about the definition of "young" - that always depends on the age of the person who's counting :) but he has flourished so far in one of the weaker European leagues and for a national side who have not torn up any trees for quite a while. This is a big move for him and he has a lot to prove.

As they used to say in the Times letters pages, from my point of view, this correspondence is now closed. I can only state the bleeding obvious so many times without getting bored.

No that's what he's not.

up and coming young player? by that thought process, James Collins, Nigel Reo-Coker, Stewart Downing, Darren Bent are all up and coming young players....with less European experience as well mind.

Leave him alone. I'm starting to feel younger already!! :winkold:

I'm not convinced he has been as bad on here as is being made out, on average his performances have probably only been surpased by NRC this season. Certainly better than Petrov, Hogg, Clark (not his position I know), Sidwell, Ireland or Pires in my opinion - again I say "on average" before anyone starts picking out games.

Given he has come in half way through a season and needs time to adapt I think he's done pretty well, you have to assume he will only improve. His past performances in the champions league, arguably the top competition in football, have at times been outstanding. That includes games against some of the best sides in the world.

I have a good track record, having been right all along about Milner when he was being criticised and also Downing when he was being criticised. So listen up (ha ha):

Makoun is a brilliant player. His performances have been between Good and Brilliant every game so far imo. Next season he will kick on and be even better.

I just don't understand how some on here are not impressed. Quick ball is what creates goalscoring opportunities, and quick ball is what Makoun is all about. If you watch the Everton game again I believe you will see that in about 80% of our promising attacks there's a Makoun pass in there somewhere.

Not directed at anyone in particular, but: get off his back.

I'd like to see him next to Delph and NRC.

I believe with that we would rule the midfield in almost every game.

Down sides would be:

-They are all a bit small in stature.

-Only two spots for Young/Downing/Albrighton/Gabby (but hey, squad rotation hello)

-We would have to be playing 451, obviously.

Yep...

No that's what he's not.

OK, have it your way.

If he is a fully mature player at the peak of his game, on the evidence so far he ain't gonna make it with Villa or in the premier league, so it's a bad buy.

I was trying to be generous to him, expecting him to develop his potential but, if he's already at the top of his game, it doesn't seem to be good enough.

^^You talking about Makoun there Briny?????????

Have you watched him play at all?

IMO, someone who can pass the ball like Makoun will most definitely make it with Villa (or with just about any Premier League side), even if they have some weaknesses. You obviously think he does have weaknesses. Please list them, I can't wait to hear.

Houllier might not be the best manager in Villa history so far, but give credit where it's due. Makoun was and is a top signing.

One goal was Walkers fault, the other Makoun's Dunne & Collins actually played OK tbh

No, the first goal was Walkers initial fault but then Collins got caught more flat footed than a penguin on a rubber mat and was also at fault. Makoun at fault for the second? Whether he should or shouldnt be in that position to be looking to make a tackle the fact is he didnt and it was the ref that was at fault for the second.

Have to say I like Collins but I was embarrassed by his defending there. Yes, Walker gave the ball away (stupidly - I'm not sticking up for him at all), but it was still 40 yards from goal. Osman ran 35 of those yards with Collins backpedalling like a man who'd never played CB in his life.

Collins is incredibly average, you get one on one with him and even a player with the dribbling skills of Leon Osman will have a good chance.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anything more from someone who drinks as much as he does and then plays sport in a professional environment.

Yep...

No that's what he's not.

OK, have it your way.

If he is a fully mature player at the peak of his game, on the evidence so far he ain't gonna make it with Villa or in the premier league, so it's a bad buy.

I was trying to be generous to him, expecting him to develop his potential but, if he's already at the top of his game, it doesn't seem to be good enough.

Adapting to a league and potential are two extremely different things.

Then again, I wouldn't expect anything more from someone who drinks as much as he does and then plays sport in a professional environment.

Never was a problem for McGrath.

Yeah, but we're talking about someone with the talent of McGrath there, not James **** Collins.

Â