Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Shillz, I don't think Makoun is that player tbh. He seems more of a creative influence than a DM.

I definitely think we need a long term replacement for Petrov this summer. Struggling to think of anyone who would really fit the bill (proven, good age, etc). O'Hara? Though he's not really a DM is he?

Help me out?!

Shillz, I don't think Makoun is that player tbh. He seems more of a creative influence than a DM.

I definitely think we need a long term replacement for Petrov this summer. Struggling to think of anyone who would really fit the bill (proven, good age, etc). O'Hara? Though he's not really a DM is he?

Help me out?!

Haha, indeed. Hence my question, there's not a lot of options out there.

Maybe someone like M'Vila or Fofana. But we still need to replace his leadership ability, which says to me that we need to bring someone British in, or atleast familiar with the league.

I think Makoun can do the Petrov role next season, but we need someone in terms of a leader and a voice elsewhere on the pitch.

They look totally different players to me. Makoun just doesn't seeem to have any defensive ability. He's neat and tidy and has an eye for a nice through pass, as we saw yesterday, but is that enough?

I think defensively he'll improve and toughen up, now that he knows he wont get fouls given as easily as in France. He's fashioned a very good career for himself in France as a defensive midfielder, intercepting and breaking down play (as Chindie mentioned above) and I think that can be transferred to the Premier League with a good pre-season under his belt. His eye for a pass and vision on top of this was a welcome bonus to what I'd seen previously.

If we are going to persist with 4-4-2, I do think he needs someone next to him who is also defensive minded but with the ability to go forward (Delph springs to mind) or maybe someone who is more of a physical presence.

Then again, Makoun could also a do a job higher up using his passing and vision with someone sitting in behind. What he does do is bring options and I think he'll prove to be a valuable asset given time.

So, say if Reo-Coker and Petrov stay, next season we will have:

Petrov, Reo-Coker, Makoun, Delph, Bannan, and Gardner as 'usable' CMs.

Looks pretty good to me, though I do think we will lose at least one of Stan or Nige. In that case, we definitely need to add a DM.

Also I still don't know where I see Delph playing. He's clearly an all-round good player, likes a tackle, likes to get in the thick of play. Does this lend him to an AM role or a DM role?

So, say if Reo-Coker and Petrov stay, next season we will have:

Petrov, Reo-Coker, Makoun, Delph, Bannan, and Gardner as 'usable' CMs.

Looks pretty good to me, though I do think we will lose at least one of Stan or Nige. In that case, we definitely need to add a DM.

Also I still don't know where I see Delph playing. He's clearly an all-round good player, likes a tackle, likes to get in the thick of play. Does this lend him to an AM role or a DM role?

I think if we're going to play 4-4-2 we need two players who can defend, if they can attack as well it's a bonus. Makoun and Delph can both do that, although it's a bit lightweight. This is where we need to be clever about who we bring in and how it benefits the team.

Defense is still the priority though.

Lets give this guy a full pre season with new team mates before we completey destroy him.....however...... i made a point of watching him for 10 mins yersterday and he was very very poor. I also had the misfortune of watching him v wolves where he was diabolical. However, as i say, 6 months settling in and a pre season im sure he'll be fine. Funny thing is i saw him v Man Utd and he was very good indeed

If Makoun can transfer what he was for Lille that I watched a few times to the Prem, we'll have a proper player. He was basically NRC with genuine talent. His time at Lyon can't have changed him that much surely.

I expected him to be more successful than he has been so far simply because I expected his physical game to show itself more easily in the league from word go and the ball playing skillful side to come with familiarity and confidence. Afterall, it's easier in the DM role to shine quickly with good tackling, physique and reading of the game than it is to come into a side and start showing off good incisive passing and connection with other players in play.

I hope he can bring his physical game to us in time, because I think it'll send his utility through the roof. I don't see much use for a player who just can first time pass OK 40% of the time and give it away the rest of the time and is a little bit soft.

I rate Bannan higher than Delph. It looks like Bannan has better vision of the pitch and can even shoot.

Have you not seen any of Delph's goals from his time at Leeds?

They might be against League 1 keepers, but a shot into the corner of the net is the same in all leagues.

I rate Delph much higher than Bannan.

I still like Makoun, good player. Still some basic stray passes that need cutting out but always still shows his class. The key with him is though is other players movement. As long as players keep moving for him, then he'll be very good and that's the sort of football we want to be playing anyway. There is no point of giving him the ball and then standing still. Hopefully defensively he improves.

If Makoun can transfer what he was for Lille that I watched a few times to the Prem, we'll have a proper player. He was basically NRC with genuine talent. His time at Lyon can't have changed him that much surely.

I expected him to be more successful than he has been so far simply because I expected his physical game to show itself more easily in the league from word go and the ball playing skillful side to come with familiarity and confidence. Afterall, it's easier in the DM role to shine quickly with good tackling, physique and reading of the game than it is to come into a side and start showing off good incisive passing and connection with other players in play.

I hope he can bring his physical game to us in time, because I think it'll send his utility through the roof. I don't see much use for a player who just can first time pass OK 40% of the time and give it away the rest of the time and is a little bit soft.

Trouble is, Ligue 1 is nowhere near the standard of the premier league in terms of stamina, speed and robustness needed. He looks a bit weedy to me, but a lot of players who try to transfer from French to English football do at first. With any luck, he will settle in. Now is not the time to be expecting anything stellar in the midst of a relegation dogfight.

we wont see the best of Makoun till next season. He needs a proper Premier League off season to get really match fit.

Petrov and Reo should both go and Delph Bannan can step up with 1 major DM signing also joining.

I can't say anything on Delph yet if i'm honest.. Haven't seen enough of him this season and when I have he has been in defence (?).. so atm I can't say he will be a success.. maybe next season i'll make my mind up as he'll get more game time i'd imagine.

Â