Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

This was odd, my posts were being edited by someone. I hope there isn't an error now.

I was replying to the disrespect that the poster was showing in saying he couldn't hack it against Hereford - you know that, you are distorting what I was saying.

I don't come on this forum often (mostly during transfer windows) but whenever I have been here there has been consistent attacks on Makoun. Even before he had played his first game. You may have been one of those people, I do not know. For me, a supporter of this club gets behind their players (especially new players, within 7-8 months of thme joining the club). I did not really like Houllier but the vitriol against him was absurb and I think you would be quite blind to not recognise that people had an agenda against him/his style of play/his training methods/the players he used.

He needs time to adapt. Certain player require some time to adapt and find their feet, so in Makoun's case I think it is just a matter of how much patience the club and fans have.

I'd rather we developed a better, younger player like Bannan than wait for Makoun to come good.

I was replying to the disrespect that the poster was showing in saying he couldn't hack it against Hereford - you know that, you are distorting what I was saying.

No I wasn't. Although I admit I'd missed the comment saying he wouldn't hack it against Hereford, had I seen it I'd have disagreed with it.

I don't come on this forum often (mostly during transfer windows) but whenever I have been here there has been consistent attacks on Makoun.

Well I spend a lot of time on here and I've not seen many 'attacks' what I have seen is people expressing their views on the player, discussing his performances and their views on his ability.

Even before he had played his first game. You may have been one of those people, I do not know.

No I wasn't, I posted when we signed him I had no opinion on him as a player as I couldn't recall having watched him play which is a rare thing when we sign a player so I was excited by the prospect despite my lack of faith in Houllier and his track record in the transfer market especially when bringing players from France to the PL.

For me, a supporter of this club gets behind their players (especially new players, within 7-8 months of thme joining the club). I did not really like Houllier but the vitriol against him was absurb and I think you would be quite blind to not recognise that people had an (I keep pretending I know the thoughts behind other peoples posts) against him/his style of play/his training methods/the players he used.

I'm sorry but I support the team to the hilt when watching them but at other times I will express my views. In my view you are able to be critical and be a supporter.

You will notice the word filter picked up on one of the words you used, you can not have any idea what people are thinking when they are posting so please don't try and second guess them or label them.

Well I spend a lot of time on here and I've not seen many 'attacks' what I have seen is people expressing their views on the player, discussing his performances and their views on his ability.

I know your not one of the people but their is a few posters(and they are a select group) on here who seem to have a vendetta agaisnt makoun(probably because he was a GH signing) and disregard his great display at Old Trafford as a fluke

Ridiculous, if it was about who signed him then why aren't the same people picking up on bents fault?

It's about how he's looked in a villa shirt so far and he just hasn't done enough.

Last season a few poor performances resulted in him being subbed and he hasn't made an appearance since. That's why a lot of people don't think he's great or going to be great, nothing to do with houllier.

I think a lot of people forget that Makoun walked into a very difficult situation at Villa...a struggling team with huge issues, then he gets himself sent off and banned, then the manager that bought him ends up in hospital. He hasn't really had a chance to get started yet.

I think a lot of people forget that Makoun walked into a very difficult situation at Villa...a struggling team with huge issues, then he gets himself sent off and banned, then the manager that bought him ends up in hospital. He hasn't really had a chance to get started yet.

You forgot the manager that bought him subbed him and never picked him again after some poor performances.

What should he be judged on if it isn't pl appearances in a villa shirt?

Umm, maybe a good run of games now that he's had a full preseason behind him?

So we can't comment on him until he's had a run of games this season?

Does that go for praising him as well? Will you tell people who say he's good and is going to be good to wait till he's had a run of games?

Does that go for praising him as well? Will you tell people who say he's good and is going to be good to wait till he's had a run of games?

I think considering we're supposed to be supporters, we should probably opt for the first approach.

Remind me why you're so eager to criticize JIIM again?

I think considering we're supposed to be supporters, we should probably opt for the first approach.

Exactly.

If that is the case we may as well shut the site.

This notion that to be a supporter you can't ask questions about things relating to the player/club or say anything negative is just daft.

Can we cut this better fan stuff out please, if you don't like reading discussions or people being critical than a fans forum really is the wrong place to be.

You forgot the manager that bought him subbed him and never picked him again after some poor performances.

I really don't think it's as straight forward as Makoun not being good enough though...GH then Mcallister opted for a more experienced CM partnership in Petrov and NRC, which was probably the right thing to do in the circumstances. Playing a yet to settle Makoun would've been a risk at a time we were fighting to stay up. As much as I don't like Petrov or NRC as players I do think it was the right decision to play them. However, Makoun in a better team than the one he walked into will be a much better player.

I remember this kind of debate last year regarding a certain Mr Downing.

Personally I like Makoun, think he has a lot to offer, and I also think he should be given a chance. However the deciding factor is what Mcleish thinks, and I really don't think Mcleish rates him.

So if we need to reduce the wage bill and someone is willing to take him, either permanent or on loan, and providing he's replaced, I can honestly see Mcleish letting him go.

I'm sorry but I support the team to the hilt when watching them but at other times I will express my views. In my view you are able to be critical and be a supporter..

I don't dispute the way we can be critical. I have negative opinions of a few of our players and was not impressed with our choice of manager. Why Makoun though? Of all our players, why put him down? He has been here since January, probably only made about eight appearances for us and has had injuries, suspension and maybe family issues.

On the word that cannot be mentioned, I found myself agreeing with lots of those posters about the appointment of McLeish - I was very negative and felt justified in that. However, I soon started started questioning the validity of my own opinion because those same posters were negative about everything else. I guess they are consistent in their pessimism as least!

Â