Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Pretty sure he was sent off for a wreckless challenge and missed the last game because his family were in a car crash.

You would my friend be wrong, he was subbed against Newcastle (before he was sent off), then sat on the bench for the next two games (that's Houllier dropping him) then didn't even appear on the bench.

I'm not going to write him off just yet but as it stands I've seen nothing to suggest he will prove to be a good signing or that he will make it in the PL. I hope that changes during the course of the season but at the moment I rather suspect we will see little of him this season before a cut price return to France in the summer.

Pretty sure he was sent off for a wreckless challenge and missed the last game because his family were in a car crash.

You would my friend be wrong, he was subbed against Newcastle (before he was sent off), then sat on the bench for the next two games (that's Houllier dropping him) then didn't even appear on the bench.

You're right about the subs but he 100% missed the last two games due his family. There were a couple of articles online about it online.

I'm not sure how you can single out Makoun in that Wolves game, i remember you doing it a few times before...he had a bad game, as did most of the team .

I agree most of the team were poor. I can accept players playing poorly its gutless performances I can't accept and not standing up to be counted and he didn't that day and Karl Henry made him look like a right mug.

I stand corrected anyway. It was after the Everton away game and Barcodes at home following the Wolves game he was dropped - Everton where he gave away the dubious pen, and Phil Neville, a make shift centre midfielder got in to him and he couldn't handle it and disappeared. Against Newcastle he was substituted in the 2nd half after again being bullied out of the game and having no influence on it.

After that results picked up and he wasn't seen again and hasn't been seen on the pitch again this season and Delph, Stan, and Bannan today, have done very well with out him.

I hope he does grow a pair and come good. I have my doubts though.

You say he gave away a penalty and then say it was a dubious one...you've got to laugh. I honestly don't know where you get the idea he has no balls from...I think he has plenty of steel about him for a slight guy. You've got to remember that Karl Henry is a tough CM, whereas Makoun relies more on ballplaying...the Wolves game was more physical than usual, the chance were that Henry would dominate the CM in those circumstances.

Btw, we played Blackburn today, who will probably be bottom 6 come the end of the season, any of our CM's would've looked good today,

I was backing up the previous posters post saying Makoun had missed games under his ban, that's all. So not wrong my friend.

Btw, we played Blackburn today, who will probably be bottom 6 come the end of the season, any of our CM's would've looked good today,

Your right Blackburn will most likely be bottom 6 but our manager picked 2 lads ahead of Makoun to start and another ahead of him to come on in the centre just as he did last week and yes they did all look very good and will rightly still be ahead of Makoun in the pecking order against Wolves.

I'd give him a run out against Hereford though and just hope no one gets stuck in to him.

Your right Blackburn will most likely be bottom 6 but our manager picked 2 lads ahead of Makoun to start and another ahead of him to come on in the centre just as he did last week and yes they did all look very good and will rightly still be ahead of Makoun in the pecking order against Wolves.

I'd give him a run out against Hereford though and just hope no one gets stuck in to him.

I've don't think it was a bad decision not to start Makoun today, Petrov is needed atm if only for his experience and Delph has energy, would be difficult to find a position for him.

I think he'll play more as the season goes on, that's if he doesn't get pissed off with not playing and gets sulky.

I think he could be a difference maker for Villa, he just needs to get his foot in the door...I'd like to see him and N'Zogbia exchanging a few passes.

Makoun has had some very good matches and some very bad. Hard to say if he can make it.

BUT I think he just not seems to fit with the midfielders we have. We know he is not a good substitute to Petrov, as he lacks that tackling and hard backtracking work that Petrov does. And he does not seem a lot better than Delph, and we have some other talented midfielders in Bannan and Ireland (and maybe Gardner).

We should really let Bannan and Delph develop with more playing time, and if we will not use Petrov, we should buy a midfielder that is suited to the Petrov role instead of using Makoun alongside Delph.

I would say let him go and buy a good midfielder that can take Petrov's role next season.

Ideally I'd like him to stay and come good, but if we're in a situation where Makoun's about the only player that's drawing an interest from other clubs, then perhaps we should let him leave in order to free up some much needed wages money and help us bring a bit of fresh blood to the club, we sure need it, and it can even help bring a bit of excitement back (depending on the player we get ofc).

I think he's good, but he's not unique, and we have about four CM's on par or thereabouts.

hard backtracking work that Petrov does.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Now I know this post is a joke. :winkold:

Have you not watched the Villa for the last couple of seasons? :?

Seems he hasn't. Worked hard for the team again today, good game, blocked a shot destined for the net in the 91st minute amongst other things, a period of the game where Petrov's usually stopped working or so I'm led to believe.

You do remember he played for Lyon and has probably played in dozens of Champions League games? I really dont understand the dislike that people have had for this guy ever since he came to this club. It is like some people want him to fail simply because Houllier brought him here and they hate Houllier.

Give him a chance!

You do remember he played for Lyon and has probably played in dozens of Champions League games?

Which is completely irrelevant. There are plenty of players who have succeeded in the PL and not the CL and visa verse the two are totally different in their nature and success in one doesn't mean that a player can convert to the other I'm afraid.

I really dont understand the dislike that people have had for this guy ever since he came to this club. It is like some people want him to fail simply because Houllier brought him here and they hate Houllier.

I couldn't stand Houllier but that doesn't stop me wanting the player to succeed because I support Villa and he is our player. It doesn't though mean I'm convinced he will.

I think to suggest that people want him to fail because Houllier signed him is a little silly.

He needs time to adapt. Certain player require some time to adapt and find their feet, so in Makoun's case I think it is just a matter of how much patience the club and fans have.

Â