Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

If we bring in someone proven at this level then no issues with him going.

From today it looks like he'll have trouble getting in. I'd rather Ireland than him as well.

We didn't lack creativity or lack the ability to keep the ball without him today.

Not a big loss if he goes.

Not that it matters, but I disagree with just about everything you have written there.

I presume you thought Petrov motored through the 90 minutes without looking tired?

Ireland who hasnt changed one iota on the pitch and is just regurgatating his "new club gonna give it all" mantra?

We kept the ball did we? What about when the pressure was on for 20 minutes at the start of the second half? We couldnt get near it and lost it anytime we got it.

Makoun is one of the best players technically at the club, which is probably why McLeish doesnt know what to do with him.

Madness, it really is. :(

In spring Makoun missed couple games because he was injured or suspended,

He didn't. He was dropped after the Wolves game when Karl Henry made him look a like a scared child in the play ground about to have his dinner money taken off him by the school bully.

After that our results picked up and he wasn't seen again.

I hope he does come good but having been at every game he has played for us he gets bullied out of games far too easily and lacks a mental toughness. Lets hope he does adapt to the pace and physicality of this league though. If not then he will be no loss if he does leave as he has and continues to contribute very little.

Eric Djemba-Djemba played well in one game too.

and?

So far that is all that Makoun's done.

Three managers have now not picked him, including the bloke that bought him.

Did GH carry on picking the team after becoming ill?

I think Makoun got sent off in his 2nd or 3rd game, leaving him banned for 3 games. He struggled to get in after that, but he's shown obvious 'class' most of the time he's played, he just needs a good partner.

He didn't just play well in that Man U away game, I think it was the best CM performance by a Villa player for a long time.

Wish people would give players a chance before jumping on them, he's not long come to English football.

People don't understand that certain players need to be integrated slowly. People who they don't mind if he goes are idiots. Hello! We have three central midfielders at the club including him, and thats not including the youngsters such as Gardner and Herd.

Delph was chosen for the first game, Delph played well the first game and he's now played well again. Therefore I expect the lad to play v Wolves, that is how football works. Meanwhile I expect Makoun to play v Hereford if we don't stupidly sell him. Petrov can't play every game this season, and if we rely on him to do so it will be a long season.

Speaking of Petrov, anyone remember what happened to him when he joined us? *cough* People have short memories.

In spring Makoun missed couple games because he was injured or suspended,

He didn't. He was dropped after the Wolves game when Karl Henry made him look a like a scared child in the play ground about to have his dinner money taken off him by the school bully.

After that our results picked up and he wasn't seen again.

I hope he does come good but having been at every game he has played for us he gets bullied out of games far too easily and lacks a mental toughness. Lets hope he does adapt to the pace and physicality of this league though. If not then he will be no loss if he does leave as he has and continues to contribute very little.

Pretty sure he was sent off for a wreckless challenge and missed the last game because his family were in a car crash.

I'm not sure how you can single out Makoun in that Wolves game, i remember you doing it a few times before...he had a bad game, as did most of the team and for me he was one of the only players that actually tried that game.

I'd be really disappointed to lose him because I think he can become an excellent player for us.

And who would come in if Delph or Petrov were suspended or injured? Ireland or Bannan? Not too happy at that.

The only way this really makes sense to me is that Makoun doesn't want to stay - perhaps he only signed for us because of Houllier and is not happy now he is gone.

I'm not sure how you can single out Makoun in that Wolves game, i remember you doing it a few times before...he had a bad game, as did most of the team .

I agree most of the team were poor. I can accept players playing poorly its gutless performances I can't accept and not standing up to be counted and he didn't that day and Karl Henry made him look like a right mug.

I stand corrected anyway. It was after the Everton away game and Barcodes at home following the Wolves game he was dropped - Everton where he gave away the dubious pen, and Phil Neville, a make shift centre midfielder got in to him and he couldn't handle it and disappeared. Against Newcastle he was substituted in the 2nd half after again being bullied out of the game and having no influence on it.

After that results picked up and he wasn't seen again and hasn't been seen on the pitch again this season and Delph, Stan, and Bannan today, have done very well with out him.

I hope he does grow a pair and come good. I have my doubts though.

He was poor against wolves

Gave away a pen against everton

Was pure shit against Newcastle, was subbed and not seen again.

Hahahaha brilliant.

Just ignore that it was a dive to suit your agenda. He wasn't shit vs Newcastle either.

I agree that he was v Wolves though.

But because he's not an instant impact player lets sell him as he's a shit player. Why did we ever sign a player like him.

Imagine if we sold Petrov after his first season, you know the one where he also had an excellent game vs West Ham and then had on and off performances.

...or Houllier or any progressive style of football! I think you was the only one happy with Mcleish. Still, your view is your view...

:lol:

Stone age views because I didn't like houllier or agree with your interpretation of his style of football? :lol::lol:

Â