Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Makoun is the right player in the wrong squad with the wrong manager. 40 years a Villa fan and yet everytime I think we there is a chance of a phase shift at the club, things go tits up.

:(

If that really is the case then it is best to part ways now then.

Makoun's big money signing is Proof enough that GED was taking us down the carsy

He is nowhere near PL quality

£4 million.

Huge money. That other signing was also shit, what's his name, oh yeah, Bent.

In all fairness many reports suggested it was £6 million. This one for starters

From the BBC

As for Bent yes excellent signing but armed with 24 mill ( 18 mill initial payment ) totally smashing our transfer record ( potentially doubling it ) I think most of us could have made a decent signing.

It should also be remembered he brought in Bradley and Pires so Houlliers transfer record was so so at best with Bent and Walker very good signings, Pires and Bradley poor and Makoun the jury still very much out on.

Makoun's big money signing is Proof enough that GED was taking us down the carsy

He is nowhere near PL quality

£4 million.

Huge money. That other signing was also shit, what's his name, oh yeah, Bent.

In all fairness many reports suggested it was £6 million.

As for Bent yes excellent signing but armed with 24 mill ( 18 mill initial payment ) totally smashing our transfer record ( potentially doubling it ) I think most of us could have made a decent signing.

It should also be remembered he brought in Bradley and Pires so Houlliers transfer record was so at best with Bent and Walker very good signings, Pires and Bradley poor and Makoun the jury still very much out on.

Worst two signings being a 6 month loan and an 8 month contract for a free transfer ...

but anyway, no point in this. Was just making the point that £4 million, or even £6 million, on who you are believing is not a 'big money' signing and nor is it proof of Ged taking us down the carsy.

Nor is anything he did proof of success.

Games seem to bypass him for long periods, he could be carried along somewhat in a three man midfield, not in a two. It's going to be tough for the lad to force his way in. He has to get used to the pace of the game or he's not got a chance. That's about the long and the short of it.

Makoun looked far better than Albrighton on Tuesday night...should we get rid of Marc?

It was his first game of the season and like at Walsall him and Ireland linked up well. Darren Bent takes some of the blame for not

making the most of the short, sharp incisive passes he received from midfield. His first touch is woeful at times.

It was his first game of the season and like at Walsall him and Ireland linked up well.

Well unfortunately this season we won't be playing Hereford or Walsall every week and I think that both Makoun and Ireland will not be strong enough against any team in our league? I also wonder if either have the drive and determination to prove their doubters wrong?

Would love this guy to come good, he had some flashes of brilliance last year. Can't see who he will replace in the current line up though. Some sub appearances for Petrov when he tires might be a good idea.

It was his first game of the season and like at Walsall him and Ireland linked up well.

Well unfortunately this season we won't be playing Hereford or Walsall every week and I think that both Makoun and Ireland will not be strong enough against any team in our league? I also wonder if either have the drive and determination to prove their doubters wrong?

We shall have to see. Both Walsall & Hereford packed their midfields and got ten men behind the ball. Some teams in the PL don't play like that eg Swansea - they are a more footballing side.

I saw signs of encouragement from Ireland and Makoun, but was disappointed with N'Zogbia & Albrighton and on occasion Bent because his first touch meant that any service he received from midfield was mostly wasted. However as the saying goes "form is temporary, class is permanent"....

We shall have to see. Both Walsall & Hereford packed their midfields and got ten men behind the ball. Some teams in the PL don't play like that eg Swansea - they are a more footballing side.

I'd say that Swansea are the exception to be honest Julie, these days most sides pack their midfield 442 is a formation used less and less these days.

I saw signs of encouragement from Ireland and Makoun, but was disappointed with N'Zogbia & Albrighton and on occasion Bent because his first touch meant that any service he received from midfield was mostly wasted. However as the saying goes "form is temporary, class is permanent"....

I have to be honest Julie I saw encouraging signs from Ireland but nothing encouraging from Makoun. He was okay, nothing more. He got caught on the ball a few times, made a few decent short passes but that was about it. It was ok, he wasn't bad but considering the team we were playing it was a very very long way from being good and did nothing to make me think he will succeed at the club.

As for N'Zogbia, he clearly isn't match fit but you are right he didn't do much.

A mate of mine has just been on a train into Birmingham and was sat right next to AMC. He got chatting to him and asked about Makoun, and why he weren't playing in the Premier League. AMC response was that Makoun still isnt fully fit after pre-season and needs to raise his fitness before playing in the premiership. He also stated that Makoun would not be moving to Greece. I werent even aware that there was a move on the cards for Makoun to go to Greece?

A mate of mine has just been on a train into Birmingham and was sat right next to AMC. He got chatting to him and asked about Makoun, and why he weren't playing in the Premier League. AMC response was that Makoun still isnt fully fit after pre-season and needs to raise his fitness before playing in the premiership. He also stated that Makoun would not be moving to Greece. I werent even aware that there was a move on the cards for Makoun to go to Greece?

There was a rumour he was going to olympiakos I believe.

I have to be honest Julie I saw encouraging signs from Ireland but nothing encouraging from Makoun.

Trent sitting just above the dug out side on, in the middle of the park, we could see the short sharp passes Makoun was interlinking with other players.

On at least two occasions he put the ball through everyone at Darren Bent's feet only for Bent to miscontrol the ball. I think he offers us something different in midfield. He's small like Ireland so I think we need Gardner or a bit of a bruiser like Heskey for him to feed off, when we come up against strong midfields.

I think he offers us something different in midfield.

I just can't agree.

If he was a tough tackling midfield player then yes he would offer us something different. From what I've seen though i think all our main cm players can offer us what he can if not more.

I have to be honest Julie I saw encouraging signs from Ireland but nothing encouraging from Makoun.

Trent sitting just above the dug out side on, in the middle of the park, we could see the short sharp passes Makoun was interlinking with other players.

On at least two occasions he put the ball through everyone at Darren Bent's feet only for Bent to miscontrol the ball. I think he offers us something different in midfield. He's small like Ireland so I think we need Gardner or a bit of a bruiser like Heskey for him to feed off, when we come up against strong midfields.

I'm not sure why you seem to think I had an obstructed view which impacted upon my ability to see him but I was sitting a little higher up in the same stand just by the press box Julie, we could see that his passing to other players really wasn't all that impressive and we saw him get caught on the ball several times.

He was playing against a League Two side and still didn't look anything special to me.

I may yet be convinced about him but I saw nothing against Hereford that impressed me.

Â