Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I have to be honest Julie I saw encouraging signs from Ireland but nothing encouraging from Makoun.

Trent sitting just above the dug out side on, in the middle of the park, we could see the short sharp passes Makoun was interlinking with other players.

On at least two occasions he put the ball through everyone at Darren Bent's feet only for Bent to miscontrol the ball. I think he offers us something different in midfield. He's small like Ireland so I think we need Gardner or a bit of a bruiser like Heskey for him to feed off, when we come up against strong midfields.

He did play a few brilliant passes, but the problem was that for every really good pass, there were 2 or 3 missed passes.

A mate of mine has just been on a train into Birmingham and was sat right next to AMC. He got chatting to him and asked about Makoun, and why he weren't playing in the Premier League. AMC response was that Makoun still isnt fully fit after pre-season and needs to raise his fitness before playing in the premiership. He also stated that Makoun would not be moving to Greece. I werent even aware that there was a move on the cards for Makoun to go to Greece?

There was a rumour he was going to olympiakos I believe.

There was actually a "welcome" video made by the Olympiakos fans!

Look here if you're interested.

There was a feeling the negotiations broke down over Villa's desire to sell vs Olympi's wish for just a loan.

If he was a tough tackling midfield player then yes he would offer us something different. From what I've seen though i think all our main cm players can offer us what he can if not more.

so all of our midfielders are quick passers who rarely lose the ball.

Makoun is a brilliant player, anyone that says otherwise doesn't know a thing about football.

I'm one of those who isn't quite sure what Makoun can bring to our side at the moment.

He releases the ball pretty quickly when he gets it is about one of the only things I can think of.

At the moment I see that he can't tackle very well, doesn't like pressure on him, doesn't run with the ball and hasn't yet shown ability to play a long pass (not a hoof I mean something like Bannan did against Fulham).

I think Bannan is ahead of him at the moment and rightly so IMO.

It says something to me that there are 176 pages of discussion of a guy who has only played about 8 matches and - seemingly even in the eyes of his most rabid advocates - hasn't gone above showing a few glimpses of promise.

While I don't see people piling in to discuss Gabby's sublime goal against Blackburn, nor even Heskey's excellent effort. Barely a word has been spoken about them.

Villa fans losing the plot?

No, you get discussion when people disagree. Everyone agrees Gabby's goal was sublime and that Heskey is doing well. Makoun is a hot topic!

It says something to me that there are 176 pages of discussion of a guy who has only played about 8 matches and - seemingly even in the eyes of his most rabid advocates - hasn't gone above showing a few glimpses of promise.

While I don't see people piling in to discuss Gabby's sublime goal against Blackburn, nor even Heskey's excellent effort. Barely a word has been spoken about them.

Not really. Makoun because of the lack of games still divides opinion and as such is a topic for discussion, people aren't sure about him or they are sure about him and they fall into one of two views.

How much of a discussion is there really to be had about Gabby's goal. It was as you say sublime, so much so that I doubt anyone would think different. So how do you really expect people to discuss that?

If he was a tough tackling midfield player then yes he would offer us something different. From what I've seen though i think all our main cm players can offer us what he can if not more.

I think petrov, Delph, bannan and ireland are all good passers of the ball, are all techinically good on the ball and they all offer something more than just quick 5 yard passes.

I think petrov, Delph, bannan and ireland are all good passers of the ball, are all techinically good on the ball and they all offer something more than just quick 5 yard passes.

I have to say I agree.

No, you get discussion when people disagree. Everyone agrees Gabby's goal was sublime and that Heskey is doing well. Makoun is a hot topic!

Well, I'd say the average football fan likes to talk over, relive, savour, etc,. the good moments of their team's performances, so there should be something to discuss about Gabby's goal (e.g. when can you remember a better one by a forward?).

There has been a lot of controversy about both Agbonlahor and Heskey in the recent past, so I'm sure it's not completely uncontroversial that they are doing well, particularly Heskey!

I just think people have got a bit obsessed with Makoun, which, given his failure so far to make much of an impact, is very puzzling.

I can't remember the last time so many people got hung up on a mediocre player and tried to bulid him up into something he isn't.

Well, I'd say the average football fan likes to talk over, relive, savour, etc,. the good moments of their team's performances, so there should be something to discuss about Gabby's goal (e.g. when can you remember a better one by a forward?).

There has been a lot of controversy about both Agbonlahor and Heskey in the recent past, so I'm sure it's not completely uncontroversial that they are doing well, particularly Heskey!

I just think people have got a bit obsessed with Makoun, which, given his failure so far to make much of an impact, is very puzzling.

I can't remember the last time so many people got hung up on a mediocre player and tried to bulid him up into something he isn't.

So why are you posting in this thread rather than posting in one you've started about Gabby or Heskey? Anyone can start a thread including you, that nobody has would suggest its not really something people are eager to discuss.

As for Makoun, I agree with you but I think its perfectly normal for their to be a discussion and very different views at this stage.

He would be much more suited to a better team than us, i said after his debut that he is too good for us and i still believe that,

I hope your right as I don't see him being a regular in our side anytime soon but if you are correct the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Boas, Mancini, Dalglish, Redknapp perhaps even Mourinho and Guardiola etc will all be sniffing around him, we can have a bidding war, make a fortune on him, and go and buy someone who fits in better with a team of our standing.

Â