Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I agree with Big Jon, we dont need that tippity tappety football shite at Villa Park, its not what we are about and having nancy boys come in from Champions League clubs with all that technical know how does us no favours at all.

What we need to do is knock all that short, precise passing stuff out of him and get him to lump it blindly up towards Big Emile, its the only hope we really have of achieving our target of a cup quarter final or an 9th place finish. Everyone knows that clubs who try to play that gimmicky football stuff dont win anything.

UTV ;-)

must be only team in football were some fans want our players to fail so they can say they were right about him

People want him to fail? What idiots!!!!!

Makoun does a bad pass and teh same people are on this thread bad mouthing him but if Petrov does something similar no criticism on his thread

Go and read some of your own posts in any Petrov topic you care to mention and remember the following phrase...

Pot calling the kettle black.

Bit of a rusty start for Makoun but he got better as the game progressed - him and Ireland link up well in midfield alongside Bannan

& N'Zogbia.

Playing Bent up on his own was the problem tonight, it made it easy for Hereford.

then later on Ireland pushed up more & 2nd half it was better.

Best game I've seen Ireland play for Villa. Should have scored 2 mind.

Like Mr Makoun. Short, sharp passes and interplay.

Bit of a rusty start for Makoun but he got better as the game progressed - him and Ireland link up well in midfield alongside Bannan

& N'Zogbia.

Playing Bent up on his own was the problem tonight, it made it easy for Hereford.

then later on Ireland pushed up more & 2nd half it was better.

Best game I've seen Ireland play for Villa. Should have scored 2 mind.

Like Mr Makoun. Short, sharp passes and interplay.

It was their first competitive game, and they were bound to be rusty. At least Ireland's performance sounds promising.

Would be interested in hearing from anyone watching.

TBH it didn't sound like him or Ireland did much to improve their first team chances.

No one did really. Makoun played plenty good passes, end product was lacking which isn't really down to him.

Wouldn't call him disappointing, wouldn't say he was brilliant. To be honest though, no one in this sort of game can stake a claim for a place, simply because the opposition doesn't really give you a fair reflection.

makoun broke up alot of their play. Short sharp. Was a little sloppy towards the end. I'm pleased with his performance. He's not played regular football for some time so give him some time.

It was their first competitive game, and they were bound to be rusty. At least Ireland's performance sounds promising.

Like I said in reactions thread. Bannan got sponsors MOTM, but all my family agreed with me that Stephen Ireland should have been.

Just noticed a few Villa fans tweeting this as well. So nice to see it wasn't just us!

It was Ireland's best performance for us by a country mile IMHO. Actually looked a threat tonight going forward. He needs to build his confidence up

in the box, but he's getting there.

I don't think Makoun is going anywhere.

Walking back to the tunnel from training on the pitch before the game, he was waving and applauding the crowd and smiling.

He got a very good reaction back as well.

Good to see all the youngsters in particular being encouraged so much during and after the game by the crowd as well.

Just back.

He wasn't great tonight especially given the level of opposition. Easily outshone by Bannan and also Ireland. He was steady but went through long spells of just not getting involved.

Having said the above it was only his first competitive game time of the season so hopefully he'll get better. On the form he showed tonight though he will not be starting in the league for a while unless we suffer injuries/suspensions.

I thought Makoun wasn't great to be honest. Had a load of space first half in which to play, second half they got in around him and he really doesn't like that. Is the master of the five yard ball though.

Â