Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

The being dropped because he's shit argument is quite frankly a shit argument.

Against Newcastle he was shit, he was subbed for being shit, he was then dropped and hasn't been seen in a competitive game since.

Not sure how that's a shit argument.

Oh and Big John I see you're still categorising peoples liking for Makoun because you're not a fan. Shame you're wrong as usual about why we like him, seems you can't accept still that people can have a different opinion to you so you have to resort to thinking that it is due to matters of the pitch rather than on it.

Well it was in response to someone pointing out that there must be something about him because people on here like him.

Dropped by the manager who signed him after some terrible performances and not seen again.

surely as you were very anti-GH and didnt like any fo his decisions that Makoun would have went in your good books after this

must be only team in football were some fans want our players to fail so they can say they were right about him

People want him to fail? What idiots!!!!!

Makoun does a bad pass and teh same people are on this thread bad mouthing him but if Petrov does something similar no criticism on his thread

Makoun does a bad pass and teh same people are on this thread bad mouthing him but if Petrov does something similar no criticism on his thread

Petrov is one of the most criticised players on VT. not the best example.

must be only team in football were some fans want our players to fail so they can say they were right about him

No offence intended but I honestly think this arguement whenever it is trotted out is total and utter bollocks. Whatever the difference in our views as fans we all want the same thing and that is what is best for the club we love even if that means being proven wrong.

Biggest load of bollocks I've read on this site. As someone who goes to all the home games and most of the away and have been a season ticket holder since 1988 I haven't come across a single fan who has wanted any of our players or managers to fail for that matter. Plenty of fans who have one second been putting a player down and the next minute celebrating like a mad man after the same player has scored but thats another story :lol:

Petrov is one of the most criticised players on VT. not the best example.

no its usually supporters of Petrov that are Makoun haters. Was one game in Asia trophy and Makoun made an error and was mentioned here by a few and Petrov did same thing and nothing got said

that are Makoun haters.

Makoun haters :crylaugh: are you for real pal. I've seen plenty of fans express an opinion that Makoun may not be suited to Premiership football based on what they have witnessed but I haven't got anything close to the impression that some supporters hate him. I am sure regardless of what he has or hasn''t done in a Villa shirt so far every supporter wants him to come good and do well for us if he stays.

I do not think it helps actually to label fans as in one group or another. Really we are all Villa Lovers rather than any haters. The difference in us is in how we feel the club is succeeding or not

Scenario 1) makoun is brilliant, I enjoy myself at villa park, we win and I'm happy for the rest of the week. I come on here and people tell me I know nothing and I'm an idiot for doubting makoun.

Scenario 2) makoun is awful, I feel like I've wasted my time and money as I watch us lose. I then come on here and tell everyone how right I am and I rule the internet.

As a season ticket holder, giving up my time and spending money to follow my club I'll pick scenario 1 every single day.

I do not want him to fail. I just think he will. It's a big difference between the two.

Oh and Big John I see you're still categorising peoples liking for Makoun because you're not a fan. Shame you're wrong as usual about why we like him, seems you can't accept still that people can have a different opinion to you so you have to resort to thinking that it is due to matters of the pitch rather than on it.

Well it was in response to someone pointing out that there must be something about him because people on here like him.

If you're referring to what I said, it was in response to you saying something like 'it speaks volumes that he was dropped by the manager who bought him and had kids picked before him'...

Though no mention from you of the fact that he went back home because his family were in a car crash. Also, we were in a relegation fight. It makes sense to play players that are proven in the Premier League (even if that happens to be youngsters who have had a handful of decent Prem appearances).

Still don't see what any of that has to do with people on here liking him so he must have something about him.

He went back home after being subbed for a poor performance and being dropped to the bench where he stayed for a couple of games. I'm not ignoring the fact he went home I'm pointing out it had nothing to do with him being dropped.

No offence intended but I honestly think this arguement whenever it is trotted out is total and utter bollocks. Whatever the difference in our views as fans we all want the same thing and that is what is best for the club we love even if that means being proven wrong.

I agree with you Trent. However, I do believe that some people; in the pursuit of Villa's success; write off certain players because they don't think they're good enough for the club and they then get a kick out of that individual player failing, because it justifies their own opinion of him and presumably means a 'better' player (i.e. one more conducive to Villa's success - the thing we all want) is playing in his stead. That's my take on it anyhoo. I've definitely seen that approach in action in various threads in here.

Â