Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He would be much more suited to a better team than us, i said after his debut that he is too good for us and i still believe that,

I hope your right as I don't see him being a regular in our side anytime soon but if you are correct the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Boas, Mancini, Dalglish, Redknapp perhaps even Mourinho and Guardiola etc will all be sniffing around him, we can have a bidding war, make a fortune on him, and go and buy someone who fits in better with a team of our standing.

Bring on the bidding war, the next 6 days will be fun and we will be rich once again!!! :lol:

Villa fans losing the plot?

No, you get discussion when people disagree. Everyone agrees Gabby's goal was sublime and that Heskey is doing well. Makoun is a hot topic!

Well, I'd say the average football fan likes to talk over, relive, savour, etc,. the good moments of their team's performances, so there should be something to discuss about Gabby's goal (e.g. when can you remember a better one by a forward?)

You normally get a page, maybe two at a push, of people going 'Yes, great goal. More please Gabby'... etc

But nothing compared to when a player splits opinions.

One person says he's good, then you say he's mediocre, then the discussion continues and continues until he is sold and people like you say 'I said he was shit', or he actually contributes to a game and the other people say 'I said he was great'.

He would be much more suited to a better team than us, i said after his debut that he is too good for us and i still believe that,

I hope your right as I don't see him being a regular in our side anytime soon but if you are correct the likes of Ferguson, Wenger, Boas, Mancini, Dalglish, Redknapp perhaps even Mourinho and Guardiola etc will all be sniffing around him, we can have a bidding war, make a fortune on him, and go and buy someone who fits in better with a team of our standing.

Bring on the bidding war, the next 6 days will be fun and we will be rich once again!!! :lol:

Well the bidding war has started. Olympakios have offered to take him on loan. .... And ere ....that's it !!!

To me those quick short passes are a weakness not an attribute - if they were 40 yard passes that may be of some use to us - but to shuffle the ball 6 yards - isn't enough to merit inclusion in the team on its own

What really baffles me is that gh told us he was a box to box player - which he clearly isn( - but how could gh see this in him ?

but how could gh see this in him ?

Houllier thought it was a good idea to stick Ashley young in the hole for over 20 games.

He thought it was a good idea to isolate Stephen warnock and spend no time addressing any defensive issues the team had.

TBH from what I've seen of makoun I'd say he was perfect for last years houllier team. Tippy tappy football in the middle of the field which was completely ineffective.

Not to mention Houllier thought Pires could do a job for us and that Bradley was up to the PL, neither proved to be the case. Houllier's judgement means very little if anything at all in my book.

& let's not forget Omar Cummings

Putting Makoun in the same bracket as Xabi Alonso is ludicrous

I didn't put in the same bracket. I'm saying that's his main attribute.

What was his main attribute? Alonso was famed for his sublime range of passing, especially the accuracy of his long range passing. From what I've seen of Makoun he only passes the ball 5 or 6 yards.

I can't see any similarity at all.

I was talking about his ability to thread balls through and bypass the midfield. If we have a player playing in between midfield anddefence like Ireland or Bannan then this is a good attribute to have. I've seen him play plenty of these balls. In fact I saw 2 or 3 in the extended highlights against Hereford. I also saw it last season against everton, fulham, man u and in pre season against Walsall and Braga.

I was talking about his ability to thread balls through and bypass the midfield. If we have a player playing in between midfield anddefence like Ireland or Bannan then this is a good attribute to have. I've seen him play plenty of these balls. In fact I saw 2 or 3 in the extended highlights against Hereford. I also saw it last season against everton, fulham, man u and in pre season against Walsall and Braga.
Agree. If we can make use of what Makoun and, who knows, Ireland have to offer we could be a frightening side to play. Give Makoun a chance, he's class really.

For me there's no doubt that Makoun is a very good player. The question for me is whether he's suited to play in the PL, and even more important, suited to play for Aston Villa. I think he's shown some glimpses that he can be good for us, but I can also admit that the jury's still out on him. At least for me. Some seems to already have made their mind up. In both directions.

For me there's no doubt that Makoun is a very good player. The question for me is whether he's suited to play in the PL, and even more important, suited to play for Aston Villa. I think he's shown some glimpses that he can be good for us, but I can also admit that the jury's still out on him. At least for me. Some seems to already have made their mind up. In both directions.

Agree completely.

Â