Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

the most amazing team of the past 20 years

so good tehy 10 points behind in the league this season ;)

Due to dodgy decisions :winkold:

Anyone else think Messi wants to be Spanish.

Wannabe Spaniard.

Wasn't he offered Spanish citizenship at a young age but turned it down?

Wannabe Spaniard.

Yeah that ITV4 documentary the other night (worth a watch on youtube) said that he turned it down. Also when Guardiola took over as Barca coach Messi was in dispute with the club over being allowed to go to the Olympics. The club won in court but then Guardiola said that he should go. The Argies then won the tournament. He does seem to genuinely want to play for them, just the defence was a shambles that got punished by Germany at the world cup. They were probably playing the best attacking football at that stage, just collapsed at the wrong time. Maradona's 86 team never did that, they only conceded 3 in the whole tournament.

I thought that because I saw footage of him partying with other Spain players after the world cup last July. I am not just on about the Barcelona ones either. Pepe Reina was there, as was Alonso and a few others. He just looked so at home and comfortable with them. I was thinking why is he partying with the Spain players. But then again they are all friends so I guess that explains it.

Wannabe Spaniard.

Yeah that ITV4 documentary the other night (worth a watch on youtube) said that he turned it down. Also when Guardiola took over as Barca coach Messi was in dispute with the club over being allowed to go to the Olympics. The club won in court but then Guardiola said that he should go. The Argies then won the tournament. He does seem to genuinely want to play for them, just the defence was a shambles that got punished by Germany at the world cup. They were probably playing the best attacking football at that stage, just collapsed at the wrong time. Maradona's 86 team never did that, they only conceded 3 in the whole tournament.

A little nit picking, I knwo, but they let 5 goals in in that world cup.

3-1 against South Korea

1-1 against Italy

2-0 againsy Bulgaria

1-0 against Uruguay

2-1 against England

2-0 against Belgium

3-2 against West Germany

They very nearly collapsed against WG in the final, being 2-0 up before WG levelled it out and looked certain to win the whole game before Maradona set Burruchaga through with a great pass.

Messi has selected the 3 best players in the Premier League.

Clickings

Messi: Rooney, Van Persie and Aguero are Premier League's best

Barcelona's Lionel Messi says strikers Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are the Premier League's three best players.

The Argentine said: "There are several quality players in the Premier League like Kun Aguero, who is my friend. I really like how he plays.

"Rooney [and] Van Persie are playing really well - they are great players."

The forward also admitted he does not think he is similar to any other player in the world.

"No one player is the same as another," said Messi, who has scored 50 goals in 44 appearances for club and country so far this season.

"I think each player has his own style, and we're all different."

When asked who is the best player he has ever played alongside, Messi could not be drawn on just one name.

"I have been lucky to always have really good team-mates," the 24-year-old added.

"I was to lucky to play with Ronaldinho, with Deco, with [samuel] Eto'o, and nowadays with Xavi [Hernandez], [Andres] Iniesta [and] Cesc [Fabregas]. It is very difficult to pick one.

"All those players are spectacular and I was lucky to play with them, to experience that, to train with them, play with them - it was wonderful."

Messi, who was given his debut at 17 by then-manager Frank Rijkaard, also said he has had to develop his game from youth level and become much more of a team player.

"[When I was 12] the truth is I would get the ball and never pass it," he said.

"But I'd try to make everyone to pass to me so I could score. I was a bit like that."

I do not pretend to know loads about the foot of ball, but to me he is the best player i have even seen. The fact he makes all the other professionals look very stupid kind of shows how good he is.

God given talent for sure!

Messi has selected the 3 best players in the Premier League.

Clickings

Messi: Rooney, Van Persie and Aguero are Premier League's best

Barcelona's Lionel Messi says strikers Sergio Aguero, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie are the Premier League's three best players.

The Argentine said: "There are several quality players in the Premier League like Kun Aguero, who is my friend. I really like how he plays.

"Rooney [and] Van Persie are playing really well - they are great players."

The forward also admitted he does not think he is similar to any other player in the world.

"No one player is the same as another," said Messi, who has scored 50 goals in 44 appearances for club and country so far this season.

"I think each player has his own style, and we're all different."

When asked who is the best player he has ever played alongside, Messi could not be drawn on just one name.

"I have been lucky to always have really good team-mates," the 24-year-old added.

"I was to lucky to play with Ronaldinho, with Deco, with [samuel] Eto'o, and nowadays with Xavi [Hernandez], [Andres] Iniesta [and] Cesc [Fabregas]. It is very difficult to pick one.

"All those players are spectacular and I was lucky to play with them, to experience that, to train with them, play with them - it was wonderful."

Messi, who was given his debut at 17 by then-manager Frank Rijkaard, also said he has had to develop his game from youth level and become much more of a team player.

"[When I was 12] the truth is I would get the ball and never pass it," he said.

"But I'd try to make everyone to pass to me so I could score. I was a bit like that."

What? No Heskey?!? :angry:

That was the eighth time this season that he scores three or more goals in a match.

I'm sorry but he's the best player to play the game. I know it's extremely cool, hip and against the grain to claim he's only so good because of the players around but that's just batshit crazy. Ridiculously good player.

is he trying to beat another record for the amount of piss-taking lobs in a season too?!

every game ive seen him in lately he's lobbing the keeper, you'd think they would research him

He's scored a few chips lately. But his goals are actually incredibly varied.

are his first 50 this season (in a handy 3 minute clip). All the chips are in the last 10.

I think Messi has scored more hat tricks this season than Aston Villa FC have managed in total since the formation of the Premier League.

Â