Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

For me, Messi wont be the best player in the world ever until he performs at International level

This.

He plays in the best team in Spain so it's easy for him to dominate the weaker Spanish opposition.

He also has players like Xavi and Iniesta to help him.

If Messi is the best player ever then he should be able to perfom without all his Barca team-mates.

Pele won the World Cup.

Maradona won the World Cup.

Messi needs to win the World Cup before he can claim to be the best player ever.

Not sure if I agree with this. What if a player with ability nobody has ever seen before was born in Malta? Would he not be allowed to be classed as the greatest footballer ever just because he was Maltese and the national team he played for was shit and never won the World Cup?

I know its very unlikely but some food for thought.

The one that springs to mind for me is Jari Litmanen. An awesome talent. Never got the recognition he deserved because he came from Finland and played in a poor Finland team.

Is there a Spanish equivalent of Andy Gray, who when talking about the Premier League and Wayne Rooney or Gareth Bale or Jack Wilshere says "ah, but could he do it in 35°C temperatures on a hot Wednesday night in Malaga?"

Is there a Spanish equivalent of Andy Gray, who when talking about the Premier League and Wayne Rooney or Gareth Bale or Jack Wilshere says "ah, but could he do it in 35°C temperatures on a hot Wednesday night in Malaga?"

:lol:

Not a chance. Have you seen those freckles??!!!

I'm still reeling from Eames using that cliche for Messi, it's said so often ironically nowadays that for someone to come out and say it straight faced really comes as a shock to the system. I'll have to ignore his posts for a bit while I recover.

I'm still reeling from Eames using that cliche for Messi, it's said so often ironically nowadays that for someone to come out and say it straight faced really comes as a shock to the system. I'll have to ignore his posts for a bit while I recover.

But could he post it on a mobile during his lunch break?

But could he post it on a mobile during his lunch break?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For me, Messi wont be the best player in the world ever until he performs at International level

This.

He plays in the best team in Spain so it's easy for him to dominate the weaker Spanish opposition.

If Messi is the best player ever then he should be able to perfom without all his Barca team-mates.

Pele won the World Cup.

Messi needs to win the World Cup before he can claim to be the best player ever.

Not sure if I agree with this. What if a player with ability nobody has ever seen before was born in Malta? Would he not be allowed to be classed as the greatest footballer ever just because he was Maltese and the national team he played for was shit and never won the World Cup?

The one that springs to mind for me is Jari Litmanen. An awesome talent. Never got the recognition he deserved because he came from Finland and played in a poor Finland team.

Messi is Argentinian though.

Argentina are one of the heavyweight football nations so Messi cannot use that excuse.

This.

Pele won the World Cup.

Messi is Argentinian though.

Argentina are one of the heavyweight football nations so Messi cannot use that excuse.

Have you ever considered that football is a team game and IF team mates do not pull their weight then it would be impossible for him to win the cup. So how can you base it on the single event?

are you honestly telling me that say, it's 4-4 on penalties vs Spain in world cup final, Aguero to win ....he misses. Spain score and then Mascherano misses. Spain win.

Because of this, Messi can not be called best player in world? How can you define the best player in the world on moments of his team mates and and although the scenario I pointed out is unlikely, the idea that Argentina going out because they didn't do enough as a TEAM is highly probable. Failure, nor success cannot be pointed on one players shoulders. If Lionel Messi is to pick up the trophy, it'll be because Argentina were organised defensively, played good football and each member of the squad did a good job when called upon.

Â