Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

If Argentina have the best player ever in their team then they should be winning the World Cup.

No excuses.

I find it hard to believe you're really that stupid.

If Argentina have the best player ever in their team then they should be winning the World Cup.

No excuses.

George Weah won world player of the year. Why did Liberia never even qualify for a world cup?

Leo Messi is 24 years old and people are writing him off as the best because he hasn't won a world cup yet? Still at least two World Cups to make that up!

As for the fat, alcoholic, drug abusing cheater that is Maradona, in his European career he never scored over 20 goals in one season.

As for his World Cups, his only success was the 1986 one where he cheated England out of the competition. In 1990 he came to the final of course, but he was not dominant at all. In 1994 he was thrown out of the States because he had taken drugs. In 1982 he was red-carded for an extremely rash tackle against Brazil and left the field in disgrace. There is not one thing Messi couldn't do better than him, and I don't even like Messi!

he is good best that is playing now but he is not the best of all time

to be the best you need to prove it in different teams not just the most amazing team of the past 20 years who's main tactic is to give messi the ball

the best are players like zidane and ronaldo who have proved it at the very highest level (international) and in different countries

imo take messi out of that barcelona team and 2 things happen he dont score as much and they lose a lot more because they aare a one man team

put rvp in the barcelona team and he will score just as many as messi

put messi in the arsenal team he wouldnt score as many as rvp has done

the most amazing team of the past 20 years

they aare a one man team

So if you think they are the most amazing team of the past 20 years, and you also think they are a one man team, then surely that makes Messi unbelievably good?

If he's single handedly causing a team to be the greatest team of our generation?

And you also say without Messi they wouldn't score as many goals, but if they got RVp they would...which is it?

And if Messi didn't play for barca he wouldn't score as many goals? But I thought he was singlehandedly making Barca amazing. Surely he woudl do that to any team if that's the case?

I've seen less contradictions in a maternity ward

(I couldn't think of anything funny to say about "contradictions", so I used a "contraction" joke)

I've seen less contradictions in a maternity ward

(I couldn't think of anything funny to say about "contradictions", so I used a "contraction" joke)

How about "I've seen less divergence in a vector field"?

TRS-T: Football is a team game, and there are 10 other players on the pitch. He cannot do it on his own. If Argentina can sort out their defence they will challenge for sure, because their attacking players are the best in the world.

argentina will not win another world cup in my lifetime they dont have anything behind messi aguero and higuain,

goalkeeper and defence are one of the worst out of the major countries in world football and midfield is non existent

How can you say that? In your lifetime. I have no idea how old you are but who knows what team they will have the 2022 world cup in Qatar.You have seen how things in football can change very quickly. 3 years ago this week villa were 7 points ahead of arsenal in 4th place. Now look.

I agree with you their defence is poor, but in a few years they might have a good one.

argentina will not win another world cup in my lifetime they dont have anything behind messi aguero and higuain,

And Tevez. And Milito. And Lavezzi.

So behind six of the best strikers in the world they might put Cambiasso, Mascherano, Di Maria, Alvarez, Riquelme, Pastore, Banega, Gago or Lucho Gonzalez.

So probably a better midfield than anybody but Spain.

The defence isn't spectacular but Zabaleta, Burdisso, Milito, Zanetti, Demichaelis and Otamendi is no worse than anything England are going to have in their back four.

imo take messi out of that barcelona team and 2 things happen he dont score as much and they lose a lot more because they aare a one man team

Take Messi out of the Barcelona team and this happens:

dEkCBl.jpg

SwNPv.jpg

Eight of Spain's outfield players on the pitch during the last World Cup Final play for Barcelona. One man team my arse.

Really? A lot of Messi's goals come from him taking on a couple of players (at least) to make room for a shot. Something which RVP doesn't do or at least nowhere near that amount. He wouldn't provide 30 odd assists a season either.

Really? A lot of Messi's goals come from him taking on a couple of players (at least) to make room for a shot. Something which RVP doesn't do or at least nowhere near that amount. He wouldn't provide 30 odd assists a season either.

Another reason it's bull is because people said the exact same thing about David Villa. And Thierry Henry. People will always cling to a hypothetical argument that will probably never play out so they're never proven wrong, despite the real-life evidence that's in front of them.

Messi is on another planet to RVP. Messi is on a football planet inhabited by maybe 3 or 4 others who have ever kicked a football. None of his current Barcelona team-mates are amongst that number and certainly no Arsenal player is either. The only discussion is whether Messi sits at the top of the table of the 4 or 5 Gods. Not yet. Not quite yet.

Â