Lionel Messi

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I stand by my comments, the history of football in this country is littered with the corpses of fancy-dan foreigners with big reputations that haven't fancied the game over here.

ronaldo

zola

silva

nani

juninho

henry

Yes yes, Messi is very good. I know. I'm not saying he isn't.

All I'm saying is that IN MY OPINION, he needs to do something for either Argentina OR another team in another League before he can take Pele's crown as the best ever.

I just don't get the total w@nkfest.

and yes Wiggy, on medical advice, I'm opting not to continue.

It is good that some people put a counter argument though. The forum would be boring if everyone agreed on everything all the time. Although this particular forum could do with a bit less bitching.

How would he fancy Stoke on a freezing pissy night in December....?

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no you did not just say that in all seriousness did you?

:lol::lol::lol:

:D

Very much THIS!

I was looking for a smiley in the original post to indicate it was a joke, but I don't think it was!

I stand by my comments, the history of football in this country is littered with the corpses of fancy-dan foreigners with big reputations that haven't fancied the game over here.

All I'm trying to say I suppose is that whilst he's playing in a side with Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Mascherano, Villa, Fabregas and Sanchez he's going to look a bit tasty and have the platform to perform as well as he does.

Firstly, you're basically saying if he hasn't played in England, he's not the best player ever, because he might not be that good here.

That's nonsense. Not only for the logic, but for the fact that he probably would be amazing if he came here. The foreigners you say that came here and flopped were not of the same calibre. None of them won 3 Ballon D'ors by the time they were 24.

Secondly, I hate this argument that he plays with good players therefore he's bound to look good.

I'm sure it helps. But he is head and shoulders pretty much every week above those players in terms of performance.

He's not a big fish in a small pond. He is playing with the best players in the world every week, and making them look average in comparison.

he needs to do something for either Argentina OR another team in another League before he can take Pele's crown as the best ever.
You do know Pele's club career was spent in Brazil. By your own logic how can Pele be the best if the best league he ever played in was his own one; which wasn't exactly the best league. It makes no sense at all.

also below the top 4/5 in Spain, you essentially have a bunch of low level Championship standard teams

Ridiculous statement.. Bilbao beat Man Utd just a few days ago to show this.

Bilbao, Valencia, Atlético (which urks me to say it) etc are all good teams who in my opinion would be in the top 8 (most likely higher) in the PL if they were in there.

How would he fancy Stoke on a freezing pissy night in December....?

Not sure about him but Valencia did a fine job against them just recently in the europa league.

aimilar villa fans and sha

It is similar, which is why complimenting them sticks in his throat. Ever notice all the compliments our non-rivals get in here? Not many cuz it's not easy :)

Atlético (which urks me to say it)

why would it irk you? Atleti arent big rivals to Real Madrid or its fans, it is the other way around. aimilar villa fans and sha

SHA are our big rivals.

Atlético (which urks me to say it)

why would it irk you? Atleti arent big rivals to Real Madrid or its fans, it is the other way around. aimilar villa fans and sha
SHA are our big rivals.

I agree and disagree here. Firstly I have no idea why somebody from Sutton Coldfield with a soft spot for Real Madrid would dislike Atletico, much for the same reasons why I dont really expect a Villa fan from Dublin to dislike Small Heath and I dont understand why a Liverpool fan from the west midlands would hate Everton just because the media say he should. The reason I dont care for the Blues much is because even though I dont live in Birmingham, I have worked there for more than ten years and I have to mix with the deluded bluenose fuckwits on a daily basis and I am **** sick of listening to them.

You cant tell me that there are legions of Atletico Madrid fans in north Birmingham giving it the big one every time Real Madrid play. So why hate them?

giving the example of playing with 4 other world class players just makes his case for worlds greatest even more concrete.

because his performances make those guys look **** average.

when you make world class players look like phil neville or steed malbranque you're **** good.

So why hate them?

Because football is tribal and it is (for want of a better term) your duty to hate your rivals. It goes with the territory of supporting a club, that you must automatically dislike their rivals.

Â