SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Quote:

The zog fits in well as a replacement for Young not Downing!

I wouldnt disagree although judging by what Kendrick is currently saying, it may be that we are optimistic with that plan.

So where is the money from Ash????

Here's one.

How about the fact that Aston Villa and Wigan are very close on agreeing a deal, Aston Villa have conducted themselves very well and the 2 parties have a gentlemans agreement that the sale will happen. Wigan agree to feed info out that the asking price is £20m so frighten off any other clubs.

:detect:

I have a hunch that Whelan went on the offensive the other day because he's a wily old bugger and wants to start a bidding war. I reckon we and others have put a bid in and he's stalling until he's convinced that others won't come in with a better offer. If that is the case I don't think we'll get him, because ironically Liverpool unsettling Downing and us standing firm means that neither Zog or SD will end up playing for Villa next season. And that is bad news.

So is he a potential replacement for Young or Downing?

Both? If he can play either wing, I'd guess, if we're going with 2 "wingers", that he'd be on the opposite flank to Alby?

depends on the system ....

So is he a potential replacement for Young or Downing?

All the talk seems to be that he's the option we'll go for should we get the offer from Liverpool for SD, so if we accept their increased offer but Whelan sells N'Zogbia to a higher bidder then I think we're really up the creek.

Whelan hasn't said N'Zog is for sale for £20m. He said that players he reckons aren't as good are being sold for £20-30m. But if you take into consideration his contract situation, I doubt he's expecting more than £10-12m. He's just using the press to inflate the fee.