SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

The 20m in The Sun etc is probably because of Whelans words, he said that he see other players going for around that price and he rates N'Zogbia as a better player hence the price 20m is written to create a headline. He might be right IF it wasn't for the fact that he has been quoted that Wigan need to sell N'Zogbia because he only has 12 months left on his contract.

If AY went for 16m because of 12 months left on his contract then imo 9m for N'Zogbia is about right.

If Wigan even try messing around with us ala Martinez then walk on, don't look back and tell Whelan that as "Gentlemen" we don't get down in the mud with small time chairmen trying it on.

macandally wrote:

Quote:

I would agree, but for the fact that I really, REALLY want rid of that ungrateful little prick Downing. Any money we get for him is an advantage.

Don't want to see him in our shirt again.

That is a prime example of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It is obvious he is angling for a move, but I dont think he has openly come out and said as much (ala News of the World and Barry)

Ahem

Again, as I said on that very same page, he is angling for a move but has chosen his words quite carefully as nowhere does he say, as Barry did in the NOTW, "I WANT OUT".

We can all read between the lines, but there is a difference between implying it and saying it. I stand by my original post.

I for the life of me cannot understand why the management think we only need the Zog if Downing goes? But the General is quite clear is stating we are just a feeder club who will continuously sell their stars every year. I just think AM got the job because he is willing to work with a poorer and cheaper squad than all the other candidates?

I don't get this feeder club crap, we offered Young, Milner and Barry all bigger contracts then they were on and tried to keep them, unfortunately they were all willing to let their contracts run out to get their move to the club they wanted. I would rather us sell these players then get the extra year and lose them for nothing.

Now with Downing the same thing is happening again, he was offered a new contract which he turned down as he has heard liverpool are interested. We don't want to sell but if a big offer comes in we will consider it. Behaving this way doesn't make us a feeder club, its just common sense to act this way.

I don't get this feeder club crap, we offered Young, Milner and Barry all bigger contracts then they were on and tried to keep them, unfortunately they were all willing to let their contracts run out to get their move to the club they wanted. I would rather us sell these players then get the extra year and lose them for nothing.

Now with Downing the same thing is happening again, he was offered a new contract which he turned down as he has heard liverpool are interested. We don't want to sell but if a big offer comes in we will consider it. Behaving this way doesn't make us a feeder club, its just common sense to act this way.

With the exception of Young all these players have gone to clubs who were at the time on a par with us with regards to what they can offer playing wise? Yet these still choose to move, why? Because the clubs they are moving to are showing ambition? I thought we had the same ambitions as these clubs in our Holy Trinity of the five year plan set out by the board? Selling the best players every year will never get us close to the CL.

We will never win trophies this year if we are relying on Clark, Delph, Albrighton and Bannan. The next player off will be Bent either in January or next summer, how would you feel about that?

If Bent continues to score we'll be lucky to have him stay another year. We had a good run under MON, but I think it's increasingly more clear to the players he brought in that they do not believe we will make it. Our hope now lies in getting good players in that have some faith in what we might achieve, misplaced or not.

If Bent continues to score we'll be lucky to have him stay another year. We had a good run under MON, but I think it's increasingly more clear to the players he brought in that they do not believe we will make it. Our hope now lies in getting good players in that have some faith in what we might achieve, misplaced or not.

We are a laughing stock after the AM appointment and 'good' players will see the like of Blunderland as more attractive than us!

We are a laughing stock after the AM appointment and 'good' players will see the like of Blunderland as more attractive than us!

what good players go to Blunderland? I can't see anyone.

DelboyVilla wrote:

what good players go to Blunderland? I can't see anyone.

Asamoh Gyan and Sessignon(sp) look handy?

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

^^

From what I've been told.

Just put it as your sig mate it would save you having to write it on every one of your posts or re-posting it when you forget???

This

Oh and all ITK must be following by :!: !!!

Unless all the

From what I've been told.

Comes from twitter or the Mirror???

With the exception of Young all these players have gone to clubs who were at the time on a par with us with regards to what they can offer playing wise? Yet these still choose to move, why? Because the clubs they are moving to are showing ambition? I thought we had the same ambitions as these clubs in our Holy Trinity of the five year plan set out by the board? Selling the best players every year will never get us close to the CL.

We will never win trophies this year if we are relying on Clark, Delph, Albrighton and Bannan. The next player off will be Bent either in January or next summer, how would you feel about that?

City may have offered the same competitions to play in but they were definitely ahead of us in the challenge for forth. Also they offered huge wages. City aren't ahead of us because of ambition, they are ahead of us because they have a multi-billionaire who has decided that he is just going to throw money at the club until he gets what he wants.

When RL took over we had just avoided relegation and there was no City and no one was spending anywhere near enough. In the past 5 years the rules changed and making money selling players then reinvesting it in the squad is the position we find ourselves in unless some other oil billionaire decides he likes the name of our club.

Why when you quote something Delboy, does it all merge into one?

Off to the things that piss me off but shouldnt thread...

Just too fast for this t'internet thing!!

And posting upsidedown don't help either??

But chill my friend, all is well in the claret and blue world!

When RL took over we had just avoided relegation and there was no City and no one was spending anywhere near enough. In the past 5 years the rules changed and making money selling players then reinvesting it in the squad is the position we find ourselves in unless some other oil billionaire decides he likes the name of our club.

The problem is, that selling and reinvesting only works if you are buying developing young talent with a resale value. If you are buying 30 somethings like Parker the whole plan falls down.

NZogbia is young enough to fit that plan though.

Why when you quote something Delboy, does it all merge into one?

Off to the things that piss me off but shouldnt thread...

Just too fast for this t'internet thing!!

And posting upsidedown don't help either??

But chill my friend, all is well in the claret and blue world!

:flag:

Quote:

The problem is, that selling and reinvesting only works if you are buying developing young talent with a resale value. If you are buying 30 somethings like Parker the whole plan falls down.

NZogbia is young enough to fit that plan though.

The zog fits in well as a replacement for Young not Downing!

And it all goes well if you invest all the money recieved and a little bit on top! For the money spent at Mancs they have alot of poor players in their squad?