SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

In all seriousness I would expect N'Zogbia to prefer a move to a club that has finished above Sunderland in 36 of the last 37 seasons.

that's what a complete lack of ambition does to a club's pulling ability.

Remind me where we signed Darren Bent from when we were near the foot of the table again?

In all seriousness I would expect N'Zogbia to prefer a move to a club that has finished above Sunderland in 36 of the last 37 seasons.

that's what a complete lack of ambition does to a club's pulling ability.

Remind me where we signed Darren Bent from when we were near the foot of the table again?

its obvious. because Lerner would have lost more than 18 million if we got relegated. Plus Darren Bent fell out with Steve Bruce, Villa were the only club who would pay 18million for him last January

So the simple fact here is we're going to miss out on a player we desperately need because we won't pay an extra one million pounds? Brilliant. :bang:

You don't know its that though.

Its easy for us to say just 1million.

But there are far more things to consider when running a football club.

My bet is Randy lerner wants to sell this club. . All he has do to now to maximise the selling price is get wages/revenue ratio correct, keep the UK quota of players satisfactory and keep us in the premiership. He will be satisfied with 15th/16th/17th. Within two years he will sell this club.

A lot of stupid people are going to be happy then.

Peoples agendas along with months and months of trying their hardest to get Randy out, they'll be chuffed.

Then this magical owner will come along and spend shit loads.

:lol:

So the simple fact here is we're going to miss out on a player we desperately need because we won't pay an extra one million pounds? Brilliant. :bang:

My bet is Randy lerner wants to sell this club. . All he has do to now to maximise the selling price is get wages/revenue ratio correct and keep us in the premiership. He will be satisfied with 15th/16th/17th. Within two years he will sell this club.

Firstly, you don't get top dollar for a club if you asset strip it.The club will be worth far more than the sum of it's parts so the more good players you have on your books form appreciating assets for the club - therefore the club is worth more.

A successful club is also worth a lot more than one that is less so, and a more attractive proposition due to the image of the brand. If Randy is looking to sell (and I don't think he is for one minute) it would be in his interest to be selling a successful brand.

With the debt in effect being a debt to Randy himself, this is the only way he's ever going to see a profit on his investment.

An analogy would be if you owned a decent car but wanted to sell, would you strip the bumpers and tyres off, or spend money giving it a valet? Which one is going to net you the most cash?

why should he sign for villa? Just to get settled and then get sold to united the next season? If he comes here he knows he has to replace Young and Downing, and us selling those players makes us look weak and just willing to 'stay up', I'd go to sunderland, ambition is everywhere. Villa are now on a serious decline, getting snubbed for Celtic in transfers is a joke, releasing NRC to watch him go to bolton is another joke (Owen Coyle, another manager that we should have taken), Harry Forrester to AJAX! What is wrong with us??!?!

Peoples agendas along with months and months of trying their hardest to get Randy out, they'll be chuffed.

Who are these people who have been trying to get Randy out?

why should he sign for villa? Just to get settled and then get sold to united the next season?

If he comes here he knows he has to replace Young and Downing, and us selling those players makes us look weak and just willing to 'stay up', I'd go to sunderland, ambition is everywhere. Villa are now on a serious decline, getting snubbed for Celtic in transfers is a joke, releasing NRC to watch him go to bolton is another joke (Owen Coyle, another manager that we should have taken), Harry Forrester to AJAX! What is wrong with us??!?!

Yeah, I bet the lad would be crying his eyes with the thought of that.

:suspect:

Based on someone posting the comments of a couple of SAFC fans on Twitter? Can this be called a "fact"?

:suspect:

It's not from Twitter. The lad posts on the SMB and he's not a bullshitter. Like all message boards we have our share of wind up merchants and fake ITK's but this lad isn't one of them. He rarely posts info, when he has without exception it has proven to be correct.

Of course people will doubt it and post comments about the respective positions of our clubs, that's to be expected but don't write us off. We have sound backing now and our progress since Short arrived has been steady, we're not the shambles of a club we were a few years ago. There may be other factors too. Zog's girlfriend is from the NE and Bramble is a mate of his. Earlier this week Titus was tweeting asking Zog to join us.

The delay in signing for you doesn't look good either, surely it should have been done and dusted by now? Of course it may all come to nothing and he could still sign for Villa, as I made clear, however much he wants to sign for us we wont meet his reported wage demands.

My bet is Randy lerner wants to sell this club. . All he has do to now to maximise the selling price is get wages/revenue ratio correct and keep us in the premiership. He will be satisfied with 15th/16th/17th. Within two years he will sell this club.

Firstly, you don't get top dollar for a club if you asset strip it.The club will be worth far more than the sum of it's parts so the more good players you have on your books form appreciating assets for the club - therefore the club is worth more.

A successful club is also worth a lot more than one that is less so, and a more attractive proposition due to the image of the brand. If Randy is looking to sell (and I don't think he is for one minute) it would be in his interest to be selling a successful brand.

With the debt in effect being a debt to Randy himself, this is the only way he's ever going to see a profit on his investment.

An analogy would be if you owned a decent car but wanted to sell, would you strip the bumpers and tyres off, or spend money giving it a valet? Which one is going to net you the most cash?

but what if you spent that money on a valet, and it didnt make that much improvement on the car or its price, would you keep spending more money on a valet, or cut your losses and sell for the best price available

Lesson One: To get your point across, add an insult. This will give you an undeserved air of authority.

If you had enough brain cells

You're ridiculous.

Wow you are ridiculous and will struggle ever to read a post by you again.

Lesson Two: Occasionally, name your opponent in a made up group. Using speech marks will make the aforementioned group seem more realistic.

Not exactly selling yourself as the leader of the "wait and see" brigade with a record like that!!

"daydreamers" like your good self might get a bit of a wake up call.

Stop spouting shite to support a case that only you and a couple of others "head in sand" wallahs understand.

:thumb:

why should he sign for villa? Just to get settled and then get sold to united the next season? If he comes here he knows he has to replace Young and Downing, and us selling those players makes us look weak and just willing to 'stay up', I'd go to sunderland, ambition is everywhere. Villa are now on a serious decline, getting snubbed for Celtic in transfers is a joke, releasing NRC to watch him go to bolton is another joke (Owen Coyle, another manager that we should have taken), Harry Forrester to AJAX! What is wrong with us??!?!

In the words of the current player I spoke to, unless a Utd, Chelsea or Barca come knocking, ambition does not come into deciding where they will move. They listen to their agents. They put a frightening amount of trust in their agents to manage their careers and get the best deal for them. If an agent says to a player that he thinks the best deal on the table is at Villa, then 9 times out of 10 then player will be at Villa.

Then it's down to the player to give the usual PR blurb about the history and how great the training facilities are.

"The equipment at BH came as a massive shock in terms of how state of the art it was...." Really? Came as a shock, even though 5 of your mates play for Villa already. PR blurb. DB knew AY was off (and probably SD) as he works in the same industry, yet he still decided to sign for Villa. Why? His agent said it would be a good move for him.

Lost sight of my original point now..... oh yeah, that is why CNZ would (or would not) sign for us.

Lesson One: To get your point across, add an insult. This will give you an undeserved air of authority.

You're ridiculous.

Lesson Two: Occasionally, name your opponent in a made up group. Using speech marks will make the aforementioned group seem more realistic.

Not exactly selling yourself as the leader of the "wait and see" brigade with a record like that!!

Stop spouting shite to support a case that only you and a couple of others "head in sand" wallahs understand.

:crylaugh: Good post :thumb:

The point is I can't see anyone other than us being in for CNZ.

Firstly DW is a media whore, and he has proven on numerous occassions this summer alone that he is not afraid to shout his mouth off.

Now given how quick he was to name us as the club who wanted Martinez and the club who bid for CNZ I find it difficult to believe him when he says it wouldn't be fair to name the other clubs interested in N'Zogbia. To rephrase his statement he really means he is talking crap to try and scare us into making a bid of £10m and paying it all upfront so he can **** us over again this summer.

DW is such a bellend.

You're ridiculous.

Lesson Three: Forget the other two lessons, I'm just bored and like to cherry pick certain posters who I don't agree with. If I had actually read posters who I agree with, without rose-tinted glasses, I would realise they like to throw insults as well.

Hey, you forgot lesson three. I added it for you.

This is getting silly. Fans being wound up because we haven't yet doen a deal for a mercenary player from a crap club with a wide mouthed Chairman!! **** N'Zogbia, if he wants to come, great, we'll take him as he's pretty good. If he doesn't, and he goes to Sunderfuck, who really cares? Move on. I'm sick and tired of this close season. I'm getting more and more frustrated by the buying policy, dithering and lack of ambition from Lerner, the General and Faulkner. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. Shite. Start buying, stop pratting around. We need players, get on with it. N'Zogbia is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less.

You're ridiculous.

Wow, busted. No where am I going to carry out my subversive activities??

Just goes to show that some actually try to contribute to the forum, others satisfy themselves with spending considerable research time in order to maintain or create point scoring.

This is getting silly. Fans being wound up because we haven't yet doen a deal for a mercenary player from a crap club with a wide mouthed Chairman!! **** N'Zogbia, if he wants to come, great, we'll take him as he's pretty good. If he doesn't, and he goes to Sunderfuck, who really cares? Move on. I'm sick and tired of this close season. I'm getting more and more frustrated by the buying policy, dithering and lack of ambition from Lerner, the General and Faulkner. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. Shite. Start buying, stop pratting around. We need players, get on with it. N'Zogbia is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less.

The problem is there's no other quality replacements in the left wing and we really need to fill that gap. I don't want us burning money on someone like SWP or McGeady.

N'Zogbia is actually very good. Pretty much the main reason why Wigan survived. I think he's better than Downing at least.