SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

This thread is hilarious.

Err the board are **** because they are not super rich.

Ridiculous, if we cannot afford him we cannot afford him move on to someone we can.

You're ridiculous.

We can afford him

Really you know the villa accounts do you?

You know we didn't buy Bent and Makoun using the money we would get this summer for example?

Well if you have access to the Villa accounts and know how much we actually have rather than mouthing off thinking you we can afford him, then i'll make sure i pay attention to what your actually saying then.

As i said ridiculous, the board are **** because they are not rich.

So where did the Milner fee go to? There's also Sidwell, Davies etc.

You haven't paid attention at all because if you did you know we can afford N'Zogbia, it's just the board trying to be clever by not paying 1 million more. We put a bid in, remember?

If you also remember correctly, it's not just about the money. It's about the board being out of their depth. Remember the appointment of McLeish and how you cried about it for a few days? Couldn't understand it could you? There's other things such as the ridiculous compensation between 3 managers etc.

You know we didn't buy Bent and Makoun using the money we would get this summer for example?

Good luck with explaining that to this lot :D

Is this coming from someone who thought we was gonna be spending huge this summer barely a month ago? Try to have a consistent opinion in future.

£1 million is nothing to Lerner

That a serious statement??

Is yours?

Might as well bring back Doug

Honestly, if you think Randy lerner is in a position to not care about a million quid here and there your in cloud cuckoo land.

In the grand scheme of things £1 million is not a lot to Lerner (especially given the money he has just recouped), so some might say that you are the one living in cloud cuckoo land...

Getting a decent winger in to provide for Bent could make several positions in the table's difference, and with that comes several million quid's difference in prize money. Come on, fork out the extra million and get him signed up.

Is yours?

Or you might as well support Man City !

If you're buying a tin of beans at the supermarket and you get to the till and the cashier says oh sorry, Beans are advertised at 90p, but we've decided you look a bit richer than that so it's now £1.20, would you still buy ?

The truth is, we certainly have the extra million, but the only pressure to actually spend the extra on Nzogbia is coming from Wigan and a few disgruntled fans......so the reality (until another formal bid comes in) is that there is no pressure.

Whoever you are a Million Pounds is a lot of money !

Is yours?

If you're buying a tin of beans at the supermarket and you get to the till and the cashier says oh sorry, Beans are advertised at 90p, but we've decided you look a bit richer than that so it's now £1.20, would you still buy ?

The truth is, we certainly have the extra million, but the only pressure to actually spend the extra on Nzogbia is coming from Wigan and a few disgruntled fans......so the reality (until another formal bid comes in) is that there is no pressure.

Erm...didnt we just sell our best two players for best part of £40 million??

Haven't we also assest stripped the club in terms of wages of other decent players left right and centre?

And now we cant afford an extra £1 million for a Wigan winger??

Really??

Is this coming from someone who thought we was gonna be spending huge this summer barely a month ago? Try to have a consistent opinion in future.

God you still on about that? I still think we will spend money. I havent changed my opinion - ok its a bit optimistic and like i said I cant predict the future.

What I have got enough brain cells to do though is understand reasons for why we might choose not to spend a bucket load, Bent and Makoun are two possible reasons.

Yes, if the beans are still good value at £1.20 and if it's more than likely that beans of a similar standard will cost more than £1.20 and you're not sure how the other beans may taste :winkold:

Is yours?

Haven't we also assest stripped the club in terms of wages of other decent players left right and centre?

Really??

Its not just about being able to afford it!!!!!!

Its about valueing it.

Go back to the beans? You ever been in a shop with some money. Youve got enough for a dvd, but you dont think its worth the price tag. Sometimes you buy it, most of the time you dont.

Cant believe Im even writing this. Is this a winde up?? Seriously, you cant be this thick??

Is yours?

Well if they are the brand of beans you really want and no other shop stocks them, you would have no choice except accept the price or search for an inferior product.

God you still on about that? I still think we will spend money. I havent changed my opinion - ok its a bit optimistic and like i said I cant predict the future.

What I have got enough brain cells to do though is understand reasons for why we might choose not to spend a bucket load, Bent and Makoun are two possible reasons.

If you had enough brain cells, you would have read my post above where I said where did the Milner, Sidwell and Davies fee go to? I'm sure there was a couple more players we sold as well. I think that would have covered the majority of Bent's and Makoun fee leaving still enough money from Downing and Young. Come on man, stop making desperate excuses and wake up.

Yes, if the beans are still good value at £1.20 and if it's more than likely that beans of a similar standard will cost more than £1.20 and you're not sure how the other beans may taste :winkold:

If your really hungry you will buy those beans, especially if it's the last tin on the shelf and theres a possibility an arsehole from another town may buy them first...

If you had enough brain cells, you would have read my post above where I said where did the Milner, Sidwell and Davies fee go to? I'm sure there was a couple more players we sold as well. I think that would have covered the majority of Bent's and Makoun fee leaving still enough money from Downing and Young. Come on man, stop making desperate making excuses and wake up.

The Milner, Sidwell, Davies fees went on - Milner Sidwell and Davies!!!!!!

Is yours?

Really??

Its not just about being able to afford it!!!!!!

Its about valueing it.

Go back to the beans? You ever been in a shop with some money. Youve got enough for a dvd, but you dont think its worth the price tag. Sometimes you buy it, most of the time you dont.

Cant believe Im even writing this. Is this a winde up?? Seriously, you cant be this thick??

You do realise just how ridiculous your playing devils advocate for anything has got?

Honestly, if you think Randy lerner is in a position to not care about a million quid here and there your in cloud cuckoo land.

What like donating over a million to an art gallery or sacrificing shirt sponsorship?

If you had enough brain cells, you would have read my post above where I said where did the Milner, Sidwell and Davies fee go to? I'm sure there was a couple more players we sold as well. I think that would have covered the majority of Bent's and Makoun fee leaving still enough money from Downing and Young. Come on man, stop making desperate making excuses and wake up.

The Milner, Sidwell, Davies fees went on - Milner Sidwell and Davies!!!!!!

That's **** funny because everyone and their dog was saying the Milner fee covered Bent. I'm sure you thought it as well because there is no way on earth you would have thought we would be spending huge amounts this summer if that's your mindset.

But the thing is it does look like Everton are willing to spend 10m, if they make about 15m + out of Jagielka.

We're not willing to spend 10m despite the fact we've made 35m from Downing and Young, while desperately needing to fill that void.

This is why the board has to go. They're so out of their depth like they was with the manager search. Why do fans put up with this shambles I don't know.

You know jack shit about how much we do or do not have to spend.

Correct

People like Onlyyou were slagging off the club for the same thing on Jan 10th or whatever it was.

Tell you what - lets just see how much we've spent on Sept. 1st.

And, even if it is not a penny more, why don't you just wait and see what they do on the pitch before you slag the club, our players, the manager , the owner and everyone else off.

Makes me laugh it really does - I bet if I could be bothered, I could look through these threads and find you slagging off the club for letting a talent like Gary Cahill leave and saying he should have been given a chance !.

Whilst people like you will be making excuses for the cost cutting, poor managerial appointment, lack of signings and poor results.

You are working on "why dont you wait" while most of us are sat looking at what is happening now. Hell of a differance!!

You may as well be whistling "The sun will come out, tomorrow"

Poor management appointment - no mate, I'm just 40yrs old who has life experience, and I know that, although I wish I was brian Clough, I know I'm not !.

It may very well turn out a bad appointment - but how do we know. For the record, I was jumping for joy , running around my office telling everyone how Villa were gonna win the league the day we appointed David O'Leary, a guy who took Leeds to a champions league Semi final.

I also slagged the club off when we appointed Graham Taylor when I thought we should have got the recently sacked from Man U Ron Atkinson.

And, taking sentiment out of it - I remember every person in this country telling the whole world how England were dominate world football now we have the most successful manager in Europe who is a "winner" - and the same press trying to hound a certain Bobby Robson out of the job calling him an embarassment after the first two games of Mexico 86 !

On paper, I admit, its not the best -- but lets just wait and see shall we (quote - Mark Robins kept Alex fergusun's job ahem......)

So your the same age as me and have a poor track record of predicting what might happen at the club and in football generally??

Not exactly selling yourself as the leader of the "wait and see" brigade with a record like that!! :lol:

McLeish is a poor appointment, even now before a ball is kicked. It gives out a statement of resignation that we will not be competing for the top four. McLeish whether good or bad is walking a tightrope which is frayed at both ends, he genuinely has no room for manouvre and the moment he suffers a run of poor results his position will be untenable.

You can live in hope mate, I am concerned as to what sort of damage is being done on a daily basis by our constant feet dragging and dithering. I include the whole NZogbia saga as part of that. We are haggling over 1 million which although of course, it is a lot of money to me and thee, in football terms its is very little. The fact we are haggling over that type of figure concerns me more than anything.