SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

If you're buying a tin of beans at the supermarket and you get to the till and the cashier says oh sorry, Beans are advertised at 90p, but we've decided you look a bit richer than that so it's now £1.20, would you still buy ?

Yes, if the beans are still good value at £1.20 and if it's more than likely that beans of a similar standard will cost more than £1.20 and you're not sure how the other beans may taste :winkold:

If your really hungry you will buy those beans, especially if it's the last tin on the shelf and theres a possibility an arsehole from another town may buy them first...

There will always be beans, just like therebwill always be other wingers.

why should he sign for villa? Just to get settled and then get sold to united the next season? If he comes here he knows he has to replace Young and Downing, and us selling those players makes us look weak and just willing to 'stay up', I'd go to sunderland, ambition is everywhere. Villa are now on a serious decline, getting snubbed for Celtic in transfers is a joke, releasing NRC to watch him go to bolton is another joke (Owen Coyle, another manager that we should have taken), Harry Forrester to AJAX! What is wrong with us??!?!

Are you for real ?

Young and Downing left because they wanted to.

For players like Nzogbia seeing so many players leave us for big salaries at bigger clubs is a draw to AVFC.

Were we officially linked to any player that chose Celtic over us ?

NRC left because he was greedy.

Forrester left because we didn't think he was up to it.

I'm not even sure why I reacted to your post.

Is it safe to come out yet only I've run out of Cadbury's Caramels?

Can't beleive you lot have been so stressed out and arguing over stupid things for about 15 pages that you completely missed Ian Taylor's tweet earlier that said McLeish wasn't now due out until Monday. Rest of the squad flew out to HK earlier this evening with Tayls in tow. Kendrick whose with them as well said y'day McLeish was due out on Sunday!!!! So what changed??!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the Zog make his debut on Wednesday night wearing our No 10 hopefully all being well!

Sticking my neck out the bathroom window of course!

Can't beleive you lot have been so stressed out and arguing over stupid things for about 15 pages that you completely missed Ian Taylor's tweet earlier that said McLeish wasn't now due out until Monday. Rest of the squad flew out to HK earlier this evening with Tayls in tow. Kendrick whose with them as well said y'day McLeish was due out on Sunday!!!! So what changed??!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the Zog make his debut on Wednesday night wearing our No 10 hopefully all being well!

You'll do for me !

This is what the Sunderland forum says about you :)

Probably because they are all hanging on every word their resident longhornalike (JulieB) who is feeding them a load of shite even though it looks like she's getting most of her info off twitter and putting 2 and 2 together to make 5

Wow, busted. No where am I going to carry out my subversive activities??

Just goes to show that some actually try to contribute to the forum, others satisfy themselves with spending considerable research time in order to maintain or create point scoring.

I contribute a lot to this forum actually. Take a look at my golden lion.

I just don't appreciate you, and a few others constantly labelling and insulting others who have an opposing opinion to yours.

It took me lass than 10 pages to find all those quotes. I'm fairly sure mods have stepped in previously for less.

OnlyOne, I may have cherrypicked those posts from 3 people with different views to mine. However, I believe I also picked the 3 most frequent offenders.

Congratulations on the golden lion, Big UP!

As I said when debating previously with a more sensible poster, there are definitely two differant factions on here and I personally feel that in reality, Villa currently stand somewhere between the two extremes. Which way we will go, I dont know but at the moment, I am concerned.

I think it is fairly obvious there are those that think that Randy is asset stripping and the club is on a downward slide into the 3rd division. I dont think that is the case at all. He definitely seems to have his eye on the bottom line though with a view to the pending UEFA guidelines.

There are then those that refuse to consider the current status quo as a negative thing, preferring to wait in hope or some unfounded belief that something tremendous is going to happen. Those same people slate everyone who refuses to believe the same.

I dont know what is going to happen, I do know that what is happening currently is disturbing to me. That includes us quibbling over 1m (apparently) for a player who our manager rates as an important signing. If the quotes from yesterday re him hoping the board can seal the deal are anything to go by, McLeish does not appear enamoured with the current status quo either.

If the Mods have an issue with my posts then I am sure I will be made aware but until then, I will continue to try and contribute rather than waste my valuable weekend compiling quotes from those who dont agree with my own views.

Edited: Just think Julie's post was abit OTT...

It was meant to be OTT & a bit tongue in cheek you know!

Just because a fee is agreed between the clubs there would still be the matter of personal terms to agree and the medical. I was honestly told Zog to Villa was done and dusted before Downing sale. However with Whelan's antics live on SSN it was anyone's guess!

Think it's very reassuring if Steve Bruce does/did want the player back at Sunderland because, if the Frenchman was a disruptive influence then I'm sure he'd think twice. Can't see McLeish trying to buy a player if he is like that...specially after what I heard the other day about his predeccessor!

Zog apparently still has a flat still in Newcastle. I would be really surprised if he ended up back in NE playing for Sunderland. Toon Army made Darren Bent's life a misery when he played for Steve Bruce. As I said before a while ago. He apparently handed in a transfer request in the August before he signed for us last January, he was so unhappy after his car got trashed AGAIN & they racially abused his Mum! Bruce persuaded him to stay, but then Villa came calling with a big offer in the January. Can't see Geordies being any nicer to Zog on the Tyne just because he was one of their own. In fact they treat him worse I would think if he dared to cross over to the Mackems. the NE like Cumbria where I am is not anywhere near as multi-cultural as round the Midlands or NW area. I don't think people understand how racist some people can be round the area, which is stupid but nevertheless a fact of life.

Latest from Twitter... the first place to tell the world Amy Winehouse had died yesterday!.....

Zog hasn't got a beef with Newcastle as a club it would see....just Joe Kinnear who called him Insomnia. He was tweeting NUFC fans y'day. He also tweeted one of the Wigan fans what very much appears a fond farewell as well I've just noticed.

Think it's very reassuring if Steve Bruce does/did want the player back at Sunderland because, if the Frenchman was a disruptive influence then I'm sure he'd think twice.

I'm not sure what you mean here Julie; Bruce hasn't worked with N'Zogbia previously has he?

Think it's very reassuring if Steve Bruce does/did want the player back at Sunderland because, if the Frenchman was a disruptive influence then I'm sure he'd think twice.

I'm not sure what you mean here Julie; Bruce hasn't worked with N'Zogbia previously has he?

Wasn't Bruce Wigan's manager previously? I'm not sure if he had Zog there at the time, did RM sign him? Seems ages since NUFC sold him....... but I'm presuming he would know if he was a disruptive influence at his former club.

Here's yesterday's tweet from CNZ in response to a Wigan fan:-

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Haven't you enjoyed your time at Wigan? #wafc

CharlesNzo Charles N'Zogbia

@sophiestraw of course I did, and always do. The last season was so stressful, and it was great for the club to stay in the premier league ☺

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Thanks for replying! Have a nice time in Dubai! See you on the premier league pitch next season! ☺

She obviously thought it was a goodbye it would seem.

Please don't tell CNZ Villa finishing 9th was only because the players managed to turn up for the last two games against Arsenal & Liverpool!

Flipping heck we could have gone down.