SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Reading between the lines of some of the posts on here, it seems there is a feeling that we are intentionally under bidding, so the player goes somewhere else. We then go for plan B, whom is relatively unproven but cheap, stating that we tried our hardest but the player did not want to know. Randy then pockets the difference....

Am i right that some of you are actually thinking this, which is why you are so doubting about this deal going through?

Sunderland fans seem adamant he is theirs as soon as Bruce manages to offload one or two players. Pops up everywhere.

The news is from the same lad who called Bent's transfer to you. Plus quite a few more moves well before they hit the news media.

Sunderland fans seem adamant he is theirs as soon as Bruce manages to offload one or two players. Pops up everywhere.

The news is from the same lad who called Bent's transfer to you. Plus quite a few more moves well before they hit the news media.

Ah, I see. Well at least that would explain the comments from Whelan about other teams moving and shaking to get money on the table up front.

Reading between the lines of some of the posts on here, it seems there is a feeling that we are intentionally under bidding, so the player goes somewhere else. We then go for plan B, whom is relatively unproven but cheap, stating that we tried our hardest but the player did not want to know. Randy then pockets the difference....

Am i right that some of you are actually thinking this, which is why you are so doubting about this deal going through?

These thoughts actually pop in the back of my head from time to time and I always say to myself "naaaa"....

Ah, I see. Well at least that would explain the comments from Whelan about other teams moving and shaking to get money on the table up front.

I'm not sure Zog wanting to come to Sunderland will seal a deal. The common view up here is that we wont match his wage demands. I expect Short will remain adamant over this after all, he refused to up Bent's wages and he was a massively important player for us.

Whats he saying then?

Only that Zog has told Whelan he wants to sign for Sunderland, not that he's about to sign.

In all seriousness I would expect N'Zogbia to prefer a move to a club that has finished above Sunderland in 36 of the last 37 seasons.

that's what a complete lack of ambition does to a club's pulling ability.

The reason my back up is due to your post on "explaining that to this lot" which I found patronising plus the flippant comment of second in the league and unbeaten. Good for you if the affairs of the club dont affect you, but perhaps you should then refrain from winding up those of whom it does.

Well, the amount of times people havent understood that you dont necessarily buy after you sell - its just ridiculous. If I came across patronising then apologies it wasnt intended. More a claim that nobody actually reads peoples posts, but instead seem to get half an incline of what peoples opinions are and if they disagree, jump down your throat.

Of course the affairs of the club affect me, but just not in the way Im witnessing on here which just seems to be pointless anger.

I think the last few weeks are totally defensible!! Its randy lerners club and he can do whatever he wants with it. And seems to be proving that now for those who kid themselves he cant.

Is that a good thing. I dont know. Maybe he does want the best for the club. Who knows??

Whether you agree or disagree with what hes happening is purely opinion and everyones entitled of course - But the way those disagreeing opinions are expressed on here and in the generals thread are so ridiculously childlike in many cases (not by any means yours), that it becomes impossible to have a proper debate with them

I agree that there are two distinct factions on here and some of the comments between the two are childish. It is not my intention to follow that line of posting as I believe that we are actual somewhere between the two current pro and anti Lerner groups.

Unfortunately, if NZogbia ends up at Sunderland then there is more fuel to the fire of discontent.

Personally, I am not sure NZogbia is the best we could bring in as a replacement, but he is a safe option and due to the minimal support McLeish has is likely to be typical of our signings. Low Risk, proven in the premiership and therefore priced at a premium.

So the simple fact here is we're going to miss out on a player we desperately need because we won't pay an extra one million pounds? Brilliant. :bang:

You don't know its that though.

Its easy for us to say just 1million.

But there are far more things to consider when running a football club.

Personally, I am not sure NZogbia is the best we could bring in as a replacement, but he is a safe option and due to the minimal support McLeish has is likely to be typical of our signings. Low Risk, proven in the premiership and therefore priced at a premium.

Agree.

So the simple fact here is we're going to miss out on a player we desperately need because we won't pay an extra one million pounds? Brilliant. :bang:

Based on someone posting the comments of a couple of SAFC fans on Twitter? Can this be called a "fact"?

:suspect:

You don't know its that though.

Its easy for us to say just 1million.

But there are far more things to consider when running a football club.

My bet is Randy lerner wants to sell this club. . All he has do to now to maximise the selling price is get wages/revenue ratio correct, keep the UK quota of players satisfactory and keep us in the premiership. He will be satisfied with 15th/16th/17th. Within two years he will sell this club.