SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Think it's very reassuring if Steve Bruce does/did want the player back at Sunderland because, if the Frenchman was a disruptive influence then I'm sure he'd think twice.

I'm not sure what you mean here Julie; Bruce hasn't worked with N'Zogbia previously has he?

Wasn't Bruce Wigan's manager previously? I'm not sure if he had Zog there at the time, did RM sign him? Seems ages since NUFC sold him....... but I'm presuming he would know if he was a disruptive influence at his former club.

Apologies, he did manage him for the first half of 2009 - I'd forgotten Bruce has had a couple of goes at Wigan!

Really think everyone should just calm down, you can't have it both ways, we spent tons under MON, I think people forget how much we spent, much more than many clubs have had the luxury of doing in this league, MON blew a lot of our money on people like Sidwell who are frankly useless, Nicky Shorey and luke Young for a combined 10m was crazy stuff.

Sunderland are a nothing club, not saying we're much better but considering we bought one of their most significant players and he was slapping in requests to join us, I am not too worried about their interest in N'Zogbia.

Alot of people are going on about us losing out on him over the sake of 1m, clearly that won't happen, a fee will be agreed and there is no harm in haggling a price with that moron who owns Wigan, when a chairman comes out as he did and said they HAD to sell N'Zogbia to balance the books then it's a dumb business man who goes straight in and pays whatever they want, they backed themselves into a corner the moment they made that public, if Sunderland were as serious as us they'd have bid for him, and they'd have bid the 10m, for all Sky's stories of us having serious competition, N'Zogbia himself has only mentioned a bid from Villa, how is it in this day and age of journalism and sports coverage we've heard nothing about any other bid aside from our own? If Lerner etc thought this dealw as at risk im sure they'd pull the finger out, but I don't think it is at risk.

And for those jealous of Sunderlands 9 signings, a few of Man Uniteds rejects, one forever injured, and last I heard they were actually attempting to sign Darren Gibson who quite frankly is shite at everything bar the odd wondergoal. The rest are freebies and cheap shit.

He'll sign.

N'Zogbia himself has only mentioned a bid from Villa, how is it in this day and age of journalism and sports coverage we've heard nothing about any other bid aside from our own? If Lerner etc thought this dealw as at risk im sure they'd pull the finger out, but I don't think it is at risk.

Agree with AVFC. He's spot on

Press article had actual quotes from the player himself talking about Villa's bid!!!

"If they want any more it is for the club to decide. It is not for me to demand a transfer," N'Zogbia said. "There was an offer from Villa, which Wigan refused. I have not been offered a contract extension by the club."

Asked to confirm that he intends to leave the DW Stadium, N'Zogbia commented: "It has been two and a half years. I have given enough."

Sorry I must have missed the "But I'm not interested I only want to move to Sunderland" bit...

And if I can add, at the risk of upsetting VillaRule 123, who should look away NOW.... the ONLY club Charles N'Zogbia has retweeted about joining from an NUFC fan... is Villa!

Paul_Nufc42 Paul Wyn Robbins

by CharlesNzo

@CharlesNzo Hello Charles are you going to Villa? Was really hoping you would come back here. But whatever Happens good luck whatever you do

14 July

can people stop posting every blooming twitter update. driving me mad
I'd like to see Twitter banned as a source of speculation.

Actually, I'd like to see Twitter banned, full stop, but that's another issue.

Alot of people are going on about us losing out on him over the sake of 1m, clearly that won't happen, a fee will be agreed and there is no harm in haggling a price with that moron who owns Wigan, when a chairman comes out as he did and said they HAD to sell N'Zogbia to balance the books then it's a dumb business man who goes straight in and pays whatever they want, they backed themselves into a corner the moment they made that public, if Sunderland were as serious as us they'd have bid for him, and they'd have bid the 10m, for all Sky's stories of us having serious competition, N'Zogbia himself has only mentioned a bid from Villa, how is it in this day and age of journalism and sports coverage we've heard nothing about any other bid aside from our own? If Lerner etc thought this dealw as at risk im sure they'd pull the finger out, but I don't think it is at risk.

I was reading your post but then I got lost in this paragraph. Really need to work on your punctuation mate. But some valid points nonetheless.

I'd like to see Twitter banned as a source of speculation

Are you for real Mike. When the players themselves tweet stuff?

When almost every news outlet on the planet posts on twitter BEFORE anywhere else?

Where do you think most of the news channels get their info from anyhow? Why do individual journos bother interacting with fans & players on the darn thing?

I repeat Amy Winehouse's death yesterday was on that blasted twitter long before it hit the news channels!

I just think people are making too much of nothing.

We know N'Zogbia will leave Wigan.

We know N'Zogbia would come to Villa.

We know we've had a bid rejected but are still interested.

We don't need to be told this, this thread should just be about discussing the player himself or any new geniune developments.

We don't need to be told ...(no offence Julie) that N'Zogbia has tweeted about Villa etc......WE KNOW he'd come here.

again

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Haven't you enjoyed your time at Wigan? #wafc

CharlesNzo Charles N'Zogbia

@sophiestraw of course I did, and always do. The last season was so stressful, and it was great for the club to stay in the premier league ☺

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Thanks for replying! Have a nice time in Dubai! See you on the premier league pitch next season! ☺

She obviously thought it was a goodbye it would seem.

Another one, WE KNOW N'Zogbia is leaving Wigan, I don't see why this is being posted? It's absolutely meaningless yet people seem to be reading something into it? reading what? wigan fans think N'Zogbia is leaving? great. I could of told you that back in may.

if a tweet comes up and says "we've agreed a fee with N'Zogbia and he's about to have his medical"....from a fairly reliable source in journo land ...then yeah, it should be posted but this thread is just full of 'tweets' about things that we know already and are just pointless.

IMO.

:) (but i do like you Julie and your positive attitude but I just think your posting too much stuff we already know about)

I agree twitter is useful for information but when it's useful, it should be posted. we're at the point of just posting pointless stuff here.

Some of you need to get over this Twitter thing. Its a part of how people communicate now.

Dont use it myself but many do, including the people involved in this deal and press etc.

Its quicker than anything else. Its like realtime cybergossip. The Osama bin Laden raid was being reported on Twitter or facebook faster than any news and most military communication picked it up.

Yes, it will be abused and a source of bullshit but likewise it will also convey the truth and genuine news.

I just think people are making too much of nothing.

We know N'Zogbia will leave Wigan.

We know N'Zogbia would come to Villa.

We know we've had a bid rejected but are still interested.

We don't need to be told this, this thread should just be about discussing the player himself or any new geniune developments.

We don't need to be told ...(no offence Julie) that N'Zogbia has tweeted about Villa etc......WE KNOW he'd come here.

again

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Haven't you enjoyed your time at Wigan? #wafc

CharlesNzo Charles N'Zogbia

@sophiestraw of course I did, and always do. The last season was so stressful, and it was great for the club to stay in the premier league ☺

sophiestraw Sophie Straw

@CharlesNzo Thanks for replying! Have a nice time in Dubai! See you on the premier league pitch next season! ☺

She obviously thought it was a goodbye it would seem.

Another one, WE KNOW N'Zogbia is leaving Wigan, I don't see why this is being posted? It's absolutely meaningless yet people seem to be reading something into it? reading what? wigan fans think N'Zogbia is leaving? great. I could have told you that back in may.

if a tweet comes up and says "we've agreed a fee with N'Zogbia and he's about to have his medical"....from a fairly reliable source in journo land ...then yeah, it should be posted but this thread is just full of 'tweets' about things that we know already and are just pointless.

IMO.

:) (but i do like you Julie and your positive attitude but I just think your posting too much stuff we already know about)

I agree twitter is useful for information but when it's useful, it should be posted. we're at the point of just posting pointless stuff here.

Erm the point of the posts was Sunderland fans are saying the player ONLY wants to sign for them.

If you're going to critisize people's posts then you should at least look back at the context that they are posted!

What should we do ask you to vet every post before we post it?!!

What's the point of having a flipping speculation thread if you're ONLY allowed to discuss a matter when there's an official announcement

whatever the source?!!!

Blimey what's the point of Villa Talk... unless of course it's now exclusively Villa Moan?

What's the point of having a flipping speculation thread if you're ONLY allowed to discuss a matter when there's an official announcement

whatever the source?!!!

Blimey what's the point of Villa Talk... unless of course it's now exclusively Villa Moan?

This is in response to other post btw, just it's long ...but all I was saying, I believe information that could be important should be posted. I use twitter, I like twitter....but I just picked that selection of tweets about asking N'Zogbia if he enjoyed his time at Wigan......what has that got to do with us? I don't get at all why that has anything to do with N'Zogbia to Villa?

if N'Zogbia said like "something happening soon!" or something like that then obviously that should be put on here sharpish ....but some of the stuff is just ridiculous (i.e. the questions about wigan)

that's just my opinion on what she posted. others will disagree, others will like the fact anything on twitter will be posted. some will hate every post about twitter.

whatever the source?!!!

Zere vill be no discussions!

By the way, I'll take a whole shitload of Julie's posts and tweets than page after page of the same old bollocks about how shit the board are.

Agree with that 100 %. Personally I haven't got time to search twitter and all other sources of info all time. So i'm happy to browse toVillatalk for the latest info. Thanks to people like Julie I can get the latest gossip true or not.

What I cant stand is the moaners that through this topic has posted the same anti board post (maybe phrased a little different each time) about ten times each. Without those posts repeating themselves all the time this thread would be longer than about 90 pages :D