SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I personally hope we do get CNZ in but as a business it's only right that we get him for the price we set out to spend. Like setting a limit on eBay, it may only be a few quid more, but you've gone over your budget - and where do you stop?

For people saying 'in footballing terms, it's only a million' I'm sorry, but saying 'in footballing terms' first does not make £1,000,000 any less of a significant sum.

We're all sat here desperate that Charlie signs for us due to the lack of activity but there really are other fish in the sea if we don't get him. He could be just what we need, a vital cog in our machine and we may regret it if we don't get him. We may also miss him like we all missed Tuncay when Stoke bought him....

Anyway, there's a lot of different stories flying around. CNZ is in Dubai, now he's in Sunderland.... All we know is that he will be moving and it seems we have the clout to pay his wages but he would bust SAFC's wage structure is DB is anything to go by - bring in the agent trying to get the best deal for CNZ and himself, an extra £20k per week may be enough to think he'd end up here, despite him being mates with Titus Bramble.

I personally don't think SAFC would make CNZ comfortably their highest earner if DB was on £35k per week, knowing what the repercussions would be through their squad of other players, like Gyan, Campbell, Bramble, et al... but I don't know anymore than anyone else.

Does anyone know if Big 'Eck is indeed staying back, or flying with the squad to HK btw?

Lesson One: To get your point across, add an insult. This will give you an undeserved air of authority.

If you had enough brain cells

You're ridiculous.

Wow you are ridiculous and will struggle ever to read a post by you again.

Lesson Two: Occasionally, name your opponent in a made up group. Using speech marks will make the aforementioned group seem more realistic.

Not exactly selling yourself as the leader of the "wait and see" brigade with a record like that!!

"daydreamers" like your good self might get a bit of a wake up call.

Stop spouting shite to support a case that only you and a couple of others "head in sand" wallahs understand.

:thumb:

To be fair Rob, some in the pro Lerner Camp have been just as aggressive with their viewpoints, just look back through the thread.

I hate the name calling and the "im a better fan than you" innuendo. At the end of the day, its just someones viewpoint and just accept it as that.

This bitching is becoming tedious, and the good points are being missed. We all support the same club, and its a sad sign of the difficult times we have had over the last 12 months.

Half the problem is the notion that we hear nothing from the club, our leaders seem to go missing. I think we really need a strong statement from the top, just to steady the ship, because we are all just simply pissing in the wind, all of us. :(

This is getting silly. Fans being wound up because we haven't yet doen a deal for a mercenary player from a crap club with a wide mouthed Chairman!! **** N'Zogbia, if he wants to come, great, we'll take him as he's pretty good. If he doesn't, and he goes to Sunderfuck, who really cares? Move on. I'm sick and tired of this close season. I'm getting more and more frustrated by the buying policy, dithering and lack of ambition from Lerner, the General and Faulkner. We're gonna do this, we're gonna do that. Shite. Start buying, stop pratting around. We need players, get on with it. N'Zogbia is a decent player, nothing more, nothing less.

The problem is there's no other quality replacements in the left wing and we really need to fill that gap. I don't want us burning money on someone like SWP or McGeady.

N'Zogbia is actually very good. Pretty much the main reason why Wigan survived. I think he's better than Downing at least.

Only one, not having a pop at you mate, but there are plenty of players in the world who could do us a job. That said, stop fannying around and get the deal done!! I don't want McGeady either, or SWP. Why does every transfer take Villa a month of Sunday's to get sorted. Yes Wigan are arseholes of the enth degree, but offer them what they are asking and get it done!!

Wow, busted. No where am I going to carry out my subversive activities??

Just goes to show that some actually try to contribute to the forum, others satisfy themselves with spending considerable research time in order to maintain or create point scoring.

I contribute a lot to this forum actually. Take a look at my golden lion.

I just don't appreciate you, and a few others constantly labelling and insulting others who have an opposing opinion to yours.

It took me lass than 10 pages to find all those quotes. I'm fairly sure mods have stepped in previously for less.

OnlyOne, I may have cherrypicked those posts from 3 people with different views to mine. However, I believe I also picked the 3 most frequent offenders.

What is everyone arguing about? Why dont we just wait and see what actually happens?

Excellent question.

I just dont see how anyone can do anything about something that "Might" or "might not" happen

The only time we will know is on September the 1st. Then we will all know where we stand.

What is everyone arguing about? Why dont we just wait and see what actually happens?

Excellent question.

I just dont see how anyone can do anything about something that "Might" or "might not" happen

The only time we will know is on September the 1st. Then we will all know where we stand.

And then we can tear each other to bits ;)

Hopefully 3 wins will take our mind off things.

Excellent question.

And then we can tear each other to bits ;)

Hopefully 3 wins will take our mind off things.

As somebody said above. we are second in the League behind Arsenal, with 38 games in hand :lol:

this would be embarriasing now if for the sake of 1 million we lost this potential great signing..

Thing is, it has not happened yet, so lets cross that bridge then. No point losing any sleep over what they are saying in Sunderland, since the real in the knows are saying this is still very much on.

I would agree though, that we may be better off paying the asking price, because the player may start asking how seriously, we rate him.

But i still say this is proberly all down to terms already, and its just a case of Whelan trying to get as much for him as he can, which is fair.

I wouldn't blame him going to Sunderland. He's obviously lived in the north east before, he's got friends in Sunderland and Sunderland have been splashing money on players left right and centre. I still think we have the slightly better squad, but I'm not sure that means we'll finish above them next season. And one of us looks to be going forward while the other goes backwards.

I really can't think of another player I'd be happy for us to sign for the left wing either.

If he goes to Sunderland over us then it will be his choice and nothing to do with the 1 Million extra they are asking for. I'm 100% sure of that but we still know some fans will be using this as an excuse to attack the board. But as said lets cross that bridge when the time comes.

Exactly, apparently Sunderland are "forward thinking" we are cutting back.

But this is Sunderland that have sold their best two players for 44m since January isn't it - and spend ?????? (but presume not anywhere near 48m).

Can't people get this ?.

I really really really hope he comes, I think he will be perfect for us. But if he don't come, who is to say the person who does, won't fit in better than him.

As I said, a couple for years ago, we were linked with buying Carson for 10m, then McGregor for 10m, Boruc for 10m - we bought none of them, we bought Freidal for 2m - and he went on to play every single game for us for 3 yrs and was probably in the top 3 in the league.

As I keep saying, football is not played on the PS3 or XBox

If he goes to Sunderland over us then it will be his choice and nothing to do with the 1 Million extra they are asking for. I'm 100% sure of that but we still know some fans will be using this as an excuse to attack the board. But as said lets cross that bridge when the time comes.

so if he doesnt sign then the people who think the board were tight are wrong but if he does sign then the people who think the board are tight are wrong?

hmm

you could flip that and have it if he doesnt sign they were right and if he does sign it means they were right and they had to pay the extra money

apparently Sunderland are "forward thinking" we are cutting back.

But this is Sunderland that have sold their best two players for 44m since January isn't it - and spend ?????? (but presume not anywhere near 48m).

Yep and the players they have signed are largely nothing to get excited or worried about.

People need to be more patient

so if he doesnt sign then the people who think the board were tight are wrong but if he does sign then the people who think the board are tight are wrong?

hmm

you could flip that and have it if he doesnt sign they were right and if he does sign it means they were right and they had to pay the extra money

Why if he signs does anyone have to be right or wrong? If he signs who gives a ****, the main point is he's signed and we should all be pleased about a quality player joining.

hmm

Why if he signs does anyone have to be right or wrong? If he signs who gives a ****, the main point is he's signed and we should all be pleased about a quality player joining.

My orginal post was that I'm of the opinion that if he doesnt sign for us it will not be due to financial reasons. I could be wrong but if he is the last player we are signing this summer then a few million is not going to make us lose our target. I know things have become tight but this still isnt Ellis days. The amount RL has spent on compensation alone proves that.

I really can't think of another player I'd be happy for us to sign for the left wing either.

Not a single other player you'd be happy with on the left-wing?

Messi? ;)

Dont be absurd, Messi is obviously a striker! :)