SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Villa are acting disgracefully over this deal. Liverpool started off by offering £15m for Downing but we said we wanted £20m and held out for it until they met the price. Why should Wigan accept £9m when they have stated that they want £10m?

Since when have the buying club always paid the original asking price of the selling club. I think you'll find that most deals happen somewhere in the middle depending on how desperate each side are for the deal to happen. Wigan need to sell him, he has 1 year left and will no sign an extension, for a club their size it just isn't feasible to let him go for free. Villa need a replacement winger and have identified him and their main target. We then bid 9mil an amount previously accepted by Wigan for N'zogbia.

Neither party are acting disgracefully, they are just trying to get the best deal.

Fair point but when I said disgracefully it wasnt just meant about the fee. I was also referring to the fact that we risk losing out on our prime target because we are playing hardball over £1m! With losing the supply chain to our strikers, you would think they wouldnt be messing around and just get the deal done do we can get him in here and working with the lads.

Villa are acting disgracefully over this deal. Liverpool started off by offering £15m for Downing but we said we wanted £20m and held out for it until they met the price. Why should Wigan accept £9m when they have stated that they want £10m?

Our board - probably Faulkner - needs to stop **** around and pay the asking price for a very good player before we end up with him going elsewhere and we are left with no choice but to go and pay close to the same amount for McGeady, who is a very shit player!

This is like the Robbie Keane from Wolves deal all over again. I cannot help but feel that we are going to be in the bottom 6 or 7 come January and Big Feck will be given no choice but to do some panic buying

also do we actually know that villa got the 20m we originally wanted? id be surprised if there wasnt some negotiation on our part. I dont blame the club for their stance. It seems like 9m was the asking price and its now gone up. Its in both clubs interests to get the best deal that they can.

Weve still got to agree terms yet, im sure he was heading to blues last season until he changed his mind on how much money he wanted. Villa are right to be considering other options.

Telegraph saying he is in dubai and deal will be sorted this week. Cant stand another week of this

They are playing Al Ain which is the team ODreary used to manage.

If he's over here in Dubai I'm going to frequent all the usual suspect bars and go on a full on Zoggy hunt.

A few weeks ago me and mates ended up having a few drinks with Warnock, Steve Stone and Alan Thompson's ex wife (of all people) whilst they were on their hols over here. All said that when they move club they do it purely on their agent's recommendation, and not a lot more comes into play.

So, I guess if that's the norm, if Charlie's agent wants him to come to Villa, then he'll be coming to the Villa.

Telegraph saying he is in dubai and deal will be sorted this week. Cant stand another week of this

If he's over here in Dubai I'm going to frequent all the usual suspect bars and go on a full on Zoggy hunt.

A few weeks ago me and mates ended up having a few drinks with Warnock, Steve Stone and Alan Thompson's ex wife (of all people) whilst they were on their hols over here. All said that when they move club they do it purely on their agent's recommendation, and not a lot more comes into play.

So, I guess if that's the norm, if Charlie's agent wants him to come to Villa, then he'll be coming to the Villa.

What did Wanock have to say when you spoke to him?

What did Wanock have to say when you spoke to him?

He was alright actually, was quite open about being unhappy at being frozen out under Gez but was complimentary about the fans. Could clearly see that he just wants to play but seemed kept saying it could be worse and was taking the piss out of his mate Kevin Nolan (who was also with them but I never met) signing for West Ham. This was a day or two before Big 'Eck joined us so he had no idea what he was going to do.

Steve Stone wasn't saying that he was going to take him up to the North East, but did say he'd like him up there. These lads obviously know each other outside of their clubs and talk about their careers with their mates as much as we do with ours.

Interestingly I asked Steve Stone about Stephen Ireland a lot and he said he was an amazing talent but absolutely bonkers - but no where near as mental as John Gregory :lol:

I'm going to head out to at Al Qasr and Madinat areas later to see if there's any sign of CNZ. Got a few friends that work for Jumeirah hotels to see if anyone can confirm if Charlie is staying there. I feel it's a legitimate stalk for the greater good of VT!

The fact that Bent has come out and said he hopes we sign CNZ should make the board instantly want to take action and get this done.

We have lost 2 international wingers and the last thing we want is to piss off our star striker by replacing Young & Downing with mediocre tripe.

I also think we should move for Jeffren from Barca if the £5m Bolton link is true. He looks very good.

Its not for me to tell the club how to negotiate, but if we lose this player, It will be a travesty for 1 Mill.

I am with Dave Whelan, in as much as this deal is a snip at £10mill.

I rate this player better than Young and Downing.

The first thing i look for in a winger is his ability to go past players consitently.....this guy in my opinion does that better than our two out goings.

Our two out goings might be better able to play inside, but it is a winger we are buying and I believe ( and did when young &Downing was with us) The Zog is better......He is more "will o' wisp" and thats what i like to see in a winger.

The fact that Bent has come out and said he hopes we sign CNZ should make the board instantly want to take action and get this done.

We have lost 2 international wingers and the last thing we want is to piss off our star striker by replacing Young & Downing with mediocre tripe.

I also think we should move for Jeffren from Barca if the £5m Bolton link is true. He looks very good.

I agree a lot with your views on the people running the club, but i think a lot of us are starting to get their knickers in a twist over nothing here.

This deal is nailed on, and has proberly always been that way, until Whelan put his ego in the way.

Remember, those with a little penis shout the loudest, same as chairman with little clubs!

"Hey everybody, look at me.....im the Wigan Chairman, and we are still here!!"

That kind of thing :winkold:

I agree a lot with your views on the people running the club, but i think a lot of us are starting to get their knickers in a twist over nothing here.

This deal is nailed on, and has probably always been that way, until Whelan put his ego in the way.

Remember, those with a little penis shout the loudest, same as chairman with little clubs!

----------------------------------

Maybe he's also got a small penis as well as a small club which would explain why he's such a look at me gobshite!

This deal is nailed on, and has probably always been that way, until Whelan put his ego in the way.

^^^

THIS

I said in an earlier post that DW is using this and the Martinez saga to get press coverage for Wigan in the hope that it will put them on the back pages and raise their profile a bit.

I think this will be sorted soon.

It's not just about what's good for Villa. it's obvious Zog is being sold as he isn't going out to Austria with the rest of

the Wigan squad... it is a fait a complis.

Whelan knows Martinez will want a replacement in situ as soon as possible.

It's like us with Downing... it had to be sorted sooner rather than later because McLeish wanted to get in reinforcements

for wide areas having lost both Young & Downing.

If we'd messed about we could have hung on & hung on but then Downing could have gone at the end of the window

leaving us little time to strengthen in that area. In the meantime players that McLeish had identified as being ideal

could have gone elsewhere.

Crack is Martinez want's Snodgrass off Leeds, so they're gonna have to deal at some point.

Oddly enough I have a feeling the lack of competition over Zog's signature is what's making this move slower

than we'd all hoped. If other clubs had genuinely tendered AVFC would have had to act more decisively.

Meh - Almost passed caring on this tbh

Typical Villa transfer. A dragged out affair that bores us all witless.

All this about not dealing with the media etc. The only time thats happened is with Bent.

This story's been in the media for the past 2 months. Everybody knows about it. Theres no secrets. Just get on with it!!

Our club is a complete shambles at the moment in all honesty. Everything seems to take forever and is done in a poor manner. If this is looking bad to us then imagine what people involved with other clubs must be thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that we are being laughed at from all angles...

All this about not dealing with the media etc. The only time thats happened is with Bent.

This story's been in the media for the past 2 months. Everybody knows about it. Theres no secrets. Just get on with it!!

Arsenal's fans must be on the point of slashing their wrists regarding Fabrigas :winkold:

That's the kind of ironic joke you pull with your real life mates and all have a giggle about safe in the knowledge they know you're not a neo-Nazi.

In here, I'm not so sure. I'm calling you out Gareth, you big racist.

I have absolutely no idea what you guys are on about. kkk.gif

Arsenal's fans must be on the point of slashing their wrists regarding Fabrigas :winkold:

Well yeah, thats true. Or just any transfer dealings with them. The few doubles theyve won over the past decade probably soften the blow with them though :D