SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Our club is a complete shambles at the moment in all honesty. Everything seems to take forever and is done in a poor manner. If this is looking bad to us then imagine what people involved with other clubs must be thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that we are being laughed at from all angles...

Have you watched the Shay Given PC on the OS. Took forever to sort it out... didn't exactly look like we'd messed up did it?

Have we forgotten Leeds & Watford at least... put statements on their websites thanking Villa for the way the deals for Young & Delph had been handled?

Anyhow more important things going on in the world - Can't beleive the horror that's unfolding in Norway.

Good to see Villa fans have been sending messages to Big John Carew about it all.

Our club is a complete shambles at the moment in all honesty. Everything seems to take forever and is done in a poor manner. If this is looking bad to us then imagine what people involved with other clubs must be thinking. There is no doubt in my mind that we are being laughed at from all angles...

Have you watched the Shay Given PC on the OS. Took forever to sort it out... didn't exactly look like we'd messed up did it?

Have we forgotten Leeds & Watford at least... put statements on their websites thanking Villa for the way the deals for Young & Delph had been handled.

To be honest I would rather we were ruthless, like other clubs. It's not just the transfers I am complaining about either. The club itself just seems to be being run poorly right now.

Anyway, if this isn't wrapped up soon then Lerner needs to sort his head out. This should have been done and dusted a week or two ago, yet is dragging on. We NEED this player in and the sooner the better.

The Frenchman is quoted as saying: "It has been two and a half years. I have given enough."

He added: "If they want any more it is for the club to decide. It is not for me to demand a transfer.

"Me, strike? Not at all. Come and see me at Wigan, you will see that I train every day.

"There was an offer from Villa, which Wigan refused. I have not been offered a contract extension by the club."

Deal dead in the water, lets move on to McGeady

Not according to today's E & S

Aston Villa edging closer to Wigan ace Charles N’Zogbia

Saturday 23rd July 2011, 11:29AM BST.

Aston Villa edging closer to Wigan ace Charles N’Zogbia

Charles N’Zogbia’s move to Villa is a step closer today after Wigan chairman Dave Whelan resigned himself to losing the winger.

The French wide-man has been omitted from the Wigan squad which travelled to Austria as they continue their pre-season preparations with crunch talks over the deal expected to take place over the weekend.

“The team have gone to Austria today but he hasn’t gone,” said Whelan.

“Charles is a great lad to have around the club. If we do lose him, and we may well do, because he has expressed a desire to move on, we will miss him enormously. But he is a great asset for any football club who wants him.

“He only has 12 months left on his contract and I would love to keep him but we have to be sensible and if we get a decent offer, and Charles wants to go, as usual I will honour what the player wants and let him go.

“I have always asked for £10m and hopefully we will get it and he will move on and be happy

"

Link

Deal dead in the water, lets move on to McGeady

Also McLeish is quoted in one of the newspapers as saying Wigan actually haven't as yet rejected Villa's bid formally!!!

Methinks Whelan's just been hoping to start a bidding war live on SSN so he could FORMALLY tell Villa to pay the extra or do one!

Ever so slightly changing his tune Whelan is. Does indeed sound like he has been holding out for other offers for Charles in order to hike the price up. Sounds like he was banking on someone to move in and hijack the deal if he went public with how much it would take. No suitor seems to have picked up on the scent so he's back trying to ship him off to us, preferably for £10 mill, but I think he knows he won't get it from us.

We just need to bite the bullet and get this deal done. I think getting Nzogbia in is critical to this seasons success, he will help fill the void left by Ash to supply the amo to Bent and his ability in the Prem is proven so can hit the ground running. McGeedy and Vargas are unknown in the prem and will need time to settle. Need to get Nzobia in as soon as possible so he has as much preseason with the squad as we can give him.

Even with Nzogbia I still think we are short of a quality CB (Dann. Samba) and centre MF at the very least to achieve anything above mid table.

“I have always asked for £10m and hopefully we will get it and he will move on and be happy

The "hopefully" on the £10M is a slight backtracking methinks.

If it's true and Villa haven't actually had a Fax back from Whelan refusing their initial bid of £9M then the delay is hardly Paul Faulkner's fault is it?

What should we do... in the meantime just send a Fax off to Wigan Athletic saying.. "Sorry Dave ignore the first fax we now bid £10M"?

I think I'd at least wait for the refusal first if I was in charge of Randy Lerner's coffers

I know football is now all about playing with Monopoly money but £1M is more than most of us earn in a lifetime!

Is it still the fax that rules in football or have they moved on since the 80s? I constantly see faxes referred to, but it seems a bit old school.

Amazing how we were so quick to accept bids for our best players but seem unwilling to pay £10m for a talented player of another club.

Maybe we should have asked for a bit more for Young and Downing!

We turned down multiple bids for Downing and I suspect the Young/Utd talks were a bit less public so you have no idea what we turned down.