SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Does anyone know when players have to be registered for - to play in the Asia Cup?

do you really think he'll be signed and flown out to play out there

why not?

lmfao

I didnt even realise there was registration for asia troph. There cant be surely its only a pre season tournament.

So bid accepted monday morning medical monday night

Fly him to asia tuesday and play wednesday for 10 mins

Done

You guys are kidding about flying him out to play the Asia Trophy, right? If not, God save us all!

If we signed him in time, I don't see why we wouldn't. It's more about fitness and getting settled into the squad than about success in the Asia Trophy. I get tired of hearing how x player "just needs a full pre-season with the team" in order to be fully effective. If we sign him, we should get him into the team as soon as possible so he'll be ready to go; this gives us the best chance possible of having a successful season.

Just seen extra bits of ssn interview with whelanhe says "there are another 2 teams and 1 is mad mad mad keen but are waiting for finances" that must be everton only matter of time till they bid i think

Might be referring to Everton. Reportedly they put in a bid earlier in the summer. which was accepted but couldn't meet the down payment on N'Zogbia.

Just seen extra bits of ssn interview with whelanhe says "there are another 2 teams and 1 is mad mad mad keen but are waiting for finances" that must be everton only matter of time till they bid i think

He also said "charles has said he wants to move" isnt that effectively a transfer request?

That's like saying there's a lad in the office that is mad mad keen on buying a Lamborghini, but is just waiting to win the lottery first.

If DW is waiting for a better price than our bid from EFC, in the hope that they sell Baines in order to finance it then he's playing a risky game. I think it's just a load of hot air from a chairman trying to get as much primetime coverage of Wigan as possible and the deal will be wrapped up over the weekend.

This should be sorted soon IMO, Whelan is just stalling hoping Everton come in for him so he can then play us against each other to bump the price up. What a total donkey Whelan is. He knows that the asking price was £9m but now has convinced himself that it was £10 all along.

There's a bit more in the Mirror off Whelan

Wigan chief admits N'Zogbia is on his way

In-demand Wigan winger Charles N'Zogbia has not travelled with the rest of the squad for a pre-season tour of Austria, chairman Dave Whelan has revealed.

The former Newcastle player has made no secret of his wish to leave Wigan and Whelan has admitted he will accept if a club offers £10million.

He told Sky Sports News: "[The team] have gone to Austria today but Zoggy hasn't gone.

"He is a great lad to have around the club. If we do lose him - and we may well do, because he has expressed a desire to move on - we will miss him enormously.

"But he is a great asset for any football club who wants him. I have always said [that] for £10m he is an absolute snip.

"If Stewart Downing can change hands for £20m, I don't know what Charles is worth. He is the fastest, most direct, wide player in the Premier League and I have always asked for £10m and hopefully we will get it and he will move on and be happy."

A bid from Aston Villa of less than £10m was rejected earlier in the week, but Whelan admitted it's highly unlikely N'Zogbia will still be at Wigan when the summer transfer window closes.

"He only has 12 months left on his contract," he added.

"I would love to keep him, he is a great lad and a fantastic player, but everything being as it is we have to be sensible and if we get a decent offer, and Charles wants to go, [then] as usual I will honour what the player wants and let him go.

"[Villa] are not the sole bidders, there are another couple of clubs who are desperate to sign him. It depends how much they can pay up front, because we have got to re-spend that £10m this season to replace Charles."

Whelan took a similar stance over reports linking former Hamilton midfielder James McCarthy with a move away from Wigan.

He said: "He is a fantastic talent, a great lad who trains fantastically well. We are in talks with his agent, starting on Monday or Tuesday next week.

"We will lose James eventually and he will go on to one of the top teams in Europe.

"He has a lot to learn under (Wigan manager) Roberto (Martinez) here and another season or two seasons here under Roberto and you are going to get a great player

Link

I can't remember a single player that we have been so heavily linked with since Randy Lerner took over at the club, who we've missed out on, apart from Milner.. when Newcastle changed their minds.

when do we play in HK, isnt it sunday?

IIRC it's Tuesday or Wednesday I think.

Players aren't flying out till Saturday. It will take them a day or two to get used to the humidity. Not to mention the constant smog!

I know our numbers 4, 8 and 10 are currently free..

And 6 is now as well. That makes 4.

How daft if we're only signing one more player and there's 4 squad numbers missing under the first 11.

Ok that maybe reduced to 3 imminently but nevertheless...

I'll be surprised if we don't get some more sigings to fill these slots before the end of the window, despite what AM said.

Glad to see Roberto Martinez' managerial ambition is to be the guy who develops players for other clubs.

Would have been perfect for us :winkold:

I don't mind Whelan, he's old school. Doing whatever he can to get the best deal for his player.

If you read between the lines, Wigan need the £10m for than they need Zog. this should be settled soon enough. I know it will annoy some that it might take longer than a couple of days, but oh well. At least we will know we got the best deal we could.

cs4christsamba1 Samba Christopher

Let's go to hong kong follow my man @CharlesNzo one of the best winger in this country

7 hours ago

Blackburn are off to HK too... with us.. apparently did I not read that we're sharing the bus somewhere or something.

Is this Chris Samba's twitter account? It's not verified but Ian Taylor follows it and CNZ.