SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Deal dead in the water, lets move on to McGeady
Was that a deliberate pun related to the post above, cuz that's genius if it was.

I hope not because it's hardly a subject which should be the source of a flippant comment...even if it was cleverly done.

“I have always asked for £10m and hopefully we will get it and he will move on and be happy

The "hopefully" on the £10M is a slight backtracking methinks.

If it's true and Villa haven't actually had a Fax back from Whelan refusing their initial bid of £9M then the delay is hardly Paul Faulkner's fault is it?

What should we do... in the meantime just send a Fax off to Wigan Athletic saying.. "Sorry Dave ignore the first fax we now bid £10M"?

I think I'd at least wait for the refusal first if I was in charge of Randy Lerner's coffers

I know football is now all about playing with Monopoly money but £1M is more than most of us earn in a lifetime!

agree with this, paying the extra million is always easier with someone elses money. Cave in a pay the extra mill now, god knows what else Whelan would ask for.

Is it still the fax that rules in football or have they moved on since the 80s? I constantly see faxes referred to, but it seems a bit old school.

it's because emails aren't always considered legally binding documents and letters take too long! I still have to use faxes at work

Is it still the fax that rules in football or have they moved on since the 80s? I constantly see faxes referred to, but it seems a bit old school.

it's because emails aren't always considered legally binding documents and letters take too long! I still have to use faxes at work

I thought it was maybe a security issue, with people being able to hack email accounts etc. You can use digital signatures on emails.

Most High Street Banks won't let you email them it seems...it's either snail mail or Fax

Deal dead in the water, lets move on to McGeady
Was that a deliberate pun related to the post above, cuz that's genius if it was.

I hope not because it's hardly a subject which should be the source of a flippant comment...even if it was cleverly done.

Yeah sorry, we shouldn't joke about buying McGeady, it's horrific. ;)

We should hijack boltons move for jeffren and see who else we can pick up from the barca firesale

If he is available for that sort of fee, I see no reason why we shouldn't at least be enquiring? £5m is a snippet. Get him & the Zog in.

Can't go wrong at that sort of price, don't think we'll be in for him though, sadly!

But the thing is it does look like Everton are willing to spend 10m, if they make about 15m + out of Jagielka.

We're not willing to spend 10m despite the fact we've made 35m from Downing and Young, while desperately needing to fill that void.

This is why the board has to go. They're so out of their depth like they was with the manager search. Why do fans put up with this shambles I don't know.

But the thing is it does look like Everton are willing to spend 10m, if they make about 15m + out of Jagielka.

We're not willing to spend 10m despite the fact we've made 35m from Downing and Young, while desperately needing to fill that void.

This is why the board has to go. They're so out of their depth like they was with the manager search. Why do fans put up with this shambles I don't know.

Most fans are not happy, but are willing to wait and see before stringing Randy up from the nearest tree.

Once that window closes, we will all know where we stand.

Most fans are not happy, but are willing to wait and see before stringing Randy up from the nearest tree.

And if we get to that point with minimal spending, it will already be too late.

I'd be amazed if N'Zogbia doesn't sign for us very soon. He is a perfect fit for the Villa jigsaw. AM's not daft and will have made Randy fully aware of that fact. I'm guessing we're dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract even as I type.

And if we get to that point with minimal spending, it will already be too late.

But thats all we can do, is see....

Storming the steps of the North Stand now, wont achieve anything. We dont even know for certain what Chairman Randy's intentions really are, and despite my rants the other evening over Eck's comments, im of the opinion he was talking horse shite, trying to portray that we are skint so the Whelans of this world stop ripping us off!

We will see, and if you are right (and you may be) then there is only one person to blame, and i expect Randy will come in for some serious stick from a lot of people.

Hes not stupid, lets wait and see :winkold:

I'd be amazed if N'Zogbia doesn't sign for us very soon. He is a perfect fit for the Villa jigsaw. AM's not daft and will have made Randy fully aware of that fact. I'm guessing we're dotting the i's and crossing the t's on the contract even as I type.

I think your right, and in the absence of Mysteryman, its time for one of these....... :!:

I think your right, and in the absence of Mysteryman, its time for one of these....... :!:

WOW!!! It must be true then! :lol:

You know jack shit about how much we do or do not have to spend.

Interesting Rumour... #LFC asked Wigan to be Kept up to date on Charles N'zogbia's Future #LFC

IF any deal was done (Unlikely) For N'zogbia Wigan Would Like Jay Spearing And Danny Wilson on a Season Long Loan Included. #LFC

Great news :?