SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

Damn, don't scare us X)

Well the Blackburn board have promised the fans some big names is summer and he would fall into that category. Don't forget they were after Beckham and Ronaldinho so I'm sure wages wouldn't be an issue.

Hes not over 32 though, which is what the Blackburn board seem to be after. They try to get former stars, there after 34 year old Raul apparantly now. However they seem to end up with extremely cheap foreign players that don't look cut out.

I seriously doubt Blackburn are in for him, or would N'Zogbia go their. I'd probably say they have more of a chance going down than Wigan as they look likely to lose Samba to someone.

Looks like Linganzi. Mind you, they all... :shock:

Nah, I'm joking. :oops:

That's the kind of ironic joke you pull with your real life mates and all have a giggle about safe in the knowledge they know you're not a neo-Nazi.

In here, I'm not so sure. I'm calling you out Gareth, you big racist.

Bit more in the Express with quotes from the player apparently -

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA TELLS WIGAN: I MUST GO

Saturday July 23,2011

By John Wragg

CHARLES N’ZOGBIA has told Wigan he has been at the club long enough and wants to leave for Aston Villa.

French winger N’Zogbia denied he will go on strike to force a move but said: “It has been two and a half years. I have given enough.”

Villa thought they had met Wigan’s £9million asking price only to be told it had gone up and there is now a stand-off between the clubs.

“If they want any more it is for the club to decide. It is not for me to demand a transfer,” said N’Zogbia, who did not join his team-mates on Wigan’s pre-season trip to Austria yesterday.

“Me, strike? Not at all. Come and see me at Wigan, you will see that I train every day.

“There was an offer from Villa, which Wigan refused. I have not been offered a contract extension by the club.”

Wigan chairman Dave Whelan said: “Charles is a great lad. If we do lose him, and we may well do, because he has expressed a desire to move, we will miss him enormously.

Charles N'Zogbia has told Wigan he wants to leave for Aston Villa

“For £10million he is an absolute snip, if Stewart Downing can change hands for £20million I don’t know what Charles is worth. He is the fastest, most direct wide player in the Premier League and I have always asked for £10m and hopefully we will get it.

“I would love to keep him, but everything being as it is we have to be sensible. Villa are not the sole bidders, there are another couple of clubs who are desperate to sign him. It depends how much they can pay up front, because we have got to re-spend that £10m this season just to replace Charles.”

Villa manager Alex McLeish, who was close to signing N’Zogbia for Birmingham last season until there was a dispute over wages, is adamant Villa cannot go into the new season with only the inexperienced Marc Albrighton as a winger after the £36m sales of Ashley Young and Downing

“There’s nothing at the moment on possible signings,” said McLeish after seeing Villa beat Walsall 3-1 in his first game as manager. “I don’t know about our bid for N’Zogbia being formally rejected but we’ll keep working. It is imperative that we get a quality player in.”

Darren Bent scored twice and Emile Heskey the other in Villa’s victory and McLeish added: “Bent thrives on the service of the Downings and Youngs of this world. We have to provide him with the quality of player who can do it.

“Albrighton would have to be some player to replace both Downing and Young. He’s a bright kid and I have no worries about him because he has a great future. But we need somebody on the other wing.

“For now we are concentrating on this one, then we have to reassess. We have to keep the wages at a certain level as well. A free transfer still starts to escalate the wages. We are mindful of that and are trying to marshal that pretty closely.

“But there could be a moment when we need to add to the squad in terms of experience.”

Centre-back Carlos Cuellar is on the verge of a £3m move to Rangers and that would open up an avenue for McLeish within the tight ship owner Randy Lerner now wants to run.

Both Stephen Ireland and Stephen Warnock, unwanted when Gerard Houllier was manager, played against Walsall and are back in the first-team squad.

Villa leave today for the Asia Trophy in Hong Kong and both will be on the plane. “Ireland is maybe overdoing it a bit on the training ground.” said McLeish. “But when players show you that kind of enthusiasm, it’s hard to hold them back.

“It’s a bit of a crash course for him and Warnock.”

Hint off Zog that Whelan wants him to submit a formal transfer request methinks, as we suspected - and someone is telling porkies because the player says he was told he could leave for £9M and the price went up, whereas Dave Whelan states the price has always been £10M (which is what he said on SSN)

Daily Express

Will N Zog be playing for the villa next season?

Course he will.

Quote from Daily Mail article about AM wanting to deal at £10M

"And he is hoping the quibbling over N’Zogbia’s value can be sorted out as quickly as possible.

The two clubs are in dead- lock after Wigan threw out a concrete offer of £9m. Now it seems likely the two will meet halfway, with another £1m enough to persuade Wigan to cut and run.

N’Zogbia has been Big Eck’s No.1 target from day one and he said: “I would love it to happen quickly. But it’s not down to me. The admin side is not my department.

“I can only recommend the players and then it’s up to the club, but they have been trying very hard. For now we are concentrating on this one.

“I have no worries about young Marc Albrighton because he has a great future, but we need someone on the other side.”

McLeish fears that striker Darren Bent may suffer from a restricted service if another top winger is not brought in"

Daily Mail journos need some Maths lessons..

Since when did a headline that includes £10M as the price... we offer £9M but then meeting them half way they reckon means giving them another £1M.... not £500K?

Duh!

Course he will.

Quote from Daily Star Let's Do Charles N’zogbia Deal At £10m with quotes apparently from AM

"And he is hoping the quibbling over N’Zogbia’s value can be sorted out as quickly as possible.

The two clubs are in dead- lock after Wigan threw out a concrete offer of £9m. Now it seems likely the two will meet halfway, with another £1m enough to persuade Wigan to cut and run.

N’Zogbia has been Big Eck’s No.1 target from day one and he said: “I would love it to happen quickly. But it’s not down to me. The admin side is not my department.

“I can only recommend the players and then it’s up to the club, but they have been trying very hard. For now we are concentrating on this one.

“I have no worries about young Marc Albrighton because he has a great future, but we need someone on the other side.”

McLeish fears that striker Darren Bent may suffer from a restricted service if another top winger is not brought in"

Daily Star journos need some Maths lessons..

Since when did a headline that includes £10M as the price... we offer £9M but then meeting them half way they reckon means giving them another £1M.... not £500K?

Duh!

Doesn't look like it, unfortunately.

Why doesn't it?

Taking way too long, and it just can't be about one million, there gotta be something more in the background.

Im confident we will sign N'Zogbia because no one who can afford him want him. It's a 1 team Market at the moment. I don't care what Whelan says. We might up our bid, but this is wasting Wigans time too, they need to find a replacement, or they are well and truly doomed next season.

Surely.. with that red headed fool being good mates with Evertons CEO or whoever it was.. he would know if Everton are really in for him or not.

So if Wigan are saying Everton might want him.. we probably know its bullshit.

Villa are acting disgracefully over this deal. Liverpool started off by offering £15m for Downing but we said we wanted £20m and held out for it until they met the price. Why should Wigan accept £9m when they have stated that they want £10m?

Our board - probably Faulkner - needs to stop **** around and pay the asking price for a very good player before we end up with him going elsewhere and we are left with no choice but to go and pay close to the same amount for McGeady, who is a very shit player!

This is like the Robbie Keane from Wolves deal all over again. I cannot help but feel that we are going to be in the bottom 6 or 7 come January and Big Feck will be given no choice but to do some panic buying

Villa are acting disgracefully over this deal. Liverpool started off by offering £15m for Downing but we said we wanted £20m and held out for it until they met the price. Why should Wigan accept £9m when they have stated that they want £10m?

Our board - probably Faulkner - needs to stop **** around and pay the asking price for a very good player before we end up with him going elsewhere and we are left with no choice but to go and pay close to the same amount for McGeady, who is a very shit player!

This is like the Robbie Keane from Wolves deal all over again. I cannot help but feel that we are going to be in the bottom 6 or 7 come January and Big Feck will be given no choice but to do some panic buying

We obviously won't know whats going on with this deal until all has been sorted but it goes without saying that the circumstances are completely different to Downing. Nzogbia has 1 year left on his deal, it has been known for quite some time that he would be leaving Wigan this summer. Downing was not for sale, he had 2 years left on his contract (which was for probably atleast triple what Nzogbia makes at Wigan) and he is an England international. Liverpoool paid a premium because they went after somebody who is an England international on good money at a big club where he is not for sale.

That said I do agree with your pessimism, a truly shit season it will be! :D

Since when have the buying club always paid the original asking price of the selling club. I think you'll find that most deals happen somewhere in the middle depending on how desperate each side are for the deal to happen. Wigan need to sell him, he has 1 year left and will no sign an extension, for a club their size it just isn't feasible to let him go for free. Villa need a replacement winger and have identified him and their main target. We then bid 9mil an amount previously accepted by Wigan for N'zogbia.

Neither party are acting disgracefully, they are just trying to get the best deal.