Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

His confidence is back, and so is Benteke's, so I'm feeling very good about the rest of this season barring injuries. If Lerner/Lambert bring in a good MF to link up with those two, look out!

• Like 1

great game and we certainly missed his energy and work off the ball when he came off....

in a game like that, he would be one of the last people i'd sub off.... without his constant harrying, we lost the midfield battle in the last 15...

lets get gabby back on the pitch quickly, with three of them crating havoc, as we need to keep piling up the points through february, before the monthus horribilis that is march!!!

Such a relief to see that kind of performance from him, he really had me worried that he'd lost it.

I don't think its any coincidence that it came with him

A - playing upfront

B - playing off a Benteke on form, Andy really thrives off him.

Great and so pleasing to see. So nice that we created so much without Gabby on the pitch

Such a relief to see that kind of performance from him, he really had me worried that he'd lost it.

I don't think its any coincidence that it came with him

A - playing upfront

B - playing off a Benteke on form, Andy really thrives off him.

Great and so pleasing to see. So nice that we created so much without Gabby on the pitch

I thought he did well against Liverpool in that "number 10" role as well (mainly pressing their defensive mid until they changed system).  It just proves that Weimann, despite having pace and being able to take people into the channels, is a better player in the middle of the park...

...which actually gives us a bit of a problem as, essentially, he, Benteke and Gabby all need to be in the starting eleven.

Both Weimann and Gabby seem much happier when they're spending more of the game playing as a proper central striker, and they bring out the best in Benteke as well.  Even Bacuna did OK last night.

• 2 weeks later...

It was a sitter, he made a poor connection with the ball, should have buried it, definitely can fault him. 

Not my recollection at all.  Wish I had recorded it to look at it again.  I thought Andi did well, and stopped by a great save.  Gabby's chance, on the other hand....

Â