Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

No point wanting rid of him yet. He wouldn't be the first young player to have a great session followed by a poor one. If there's no improvement next year then yes, get rid, but I suspect he could be back to his old quality with the dinner break under his belt

• Like 2

I like Weimann. He runs himself into the ground, helps build attacks, gets back to defend and has goals in him. His performances last year were better, but this he's still been better than anything we've seen from Ireland, N'Zogbia, Tonev, Helenius or Bowery in the past few seasons.

No point wanting rid of him yet. He wouldn't be the first young player to have a great session followed by a poor one. If there's no improvement next year then yes, get rid, but I suspect he could be back to his old quality with the dinner break under his belt

This. You don't sell a player just because they have a bit of "second season syndrome". Remember how good he was last season and give him another year to recapture that form. 

• Like 1

I am a right saddo. Didn't even go the Stoke game but I went to officials exit so I could meet the players and talk to them as they left the ground after the match. Spoke to Andreas in German, he was impressed. He does not go on Villa talk, which I guess is a good thing judging by some comments in this thread.

Edited by Voinjama
  • Like 2

Not for the first time it was the sort of performance where a cardboard cut out of him probably would have been just as effective. His end product is just not good enough for this level. 

He has industry but no quality. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I forgot he was even on the pitch until his name was mentioned around the 40 minute mark. I refuse to believe that any half-decent manager would actually play him as a No. 10.

I forgot he was even on the pitch until his name was mentioned around the 40 minute mark. I refuse to believe that any half-decent manager would actually play him as a No. 10.

Who would you play as a number 10?

42 minutes here, I actually had to check if he was on.

We have no No. 10 (which again is the fault of the manager) but then at least just play a formation that doesn't require one. Weimann literally has none of the attributes you'd want from a No. 10 so it is pretty pointless playing him there.

We have no No. 10 (which again is the fault of the manager) but then at least just play a formation that doesn't require one. Weimann literally has none of the attributes you'd want from a No. 10 so it is pretty pointless playing him there.

What number 10 is available for say... 3/4m?

Or the £7m we spent on a back-up striker?

Anyway, this argument has been done a million times over. My views on it are well known.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

His role next season should be impact sub and he can then prove wether or not he has what it takes to make it with us as currently he is nowhere good enough.  Pretty good at falling over and that's about it in most games, no composure!

• Like 1

Or the £7m we spent on a back-up striker?

Anyway, this argument has been done a million times over. My views on it are well known.

A lot of people say it was 4m for Kozak, not 7m. Secondly, we could do with Kozak now, especially with his knack of scoring goals.

Three points at Norwich and Southampton with his help, the difference between where we are now and being very close to being sucked in.

It isn't Lambert's fault he has to choose between a and b, when he should have the right to choose what is best 'on the pitch' not on a spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Pace? Passing? Finishing? Power? Crossing? Tackling? Composure? Strength?

Nope none of that.

Works hard and tracks back, but then again I would do that too if I played for a Prem club.

Nowhere near good enough in that role, either play him up front or not at all.

• Like 2

Â