Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

It was a sitter, he made a poor connection with the ball, should have buried it, definitely can fault him.

Not my recollection at all. Wish I had recorded it to look at it again. I thought Andi did well, and stopped by a great save. Gabby's chance, on the other hand....

You need to watch again mate. Should have scored.

• Like 1

The defender got a nick on the ball just before it got to him so he had to try and sort his feet out and ended up hitting it with the outside of his boot.  He done well to even get as good a shot as he did out of it.

• Like 2

It was a sitter, he made a poor connection with the ball, should have buried it, definitely can fault him.

Not my recollection at all. Wish I had recorded it to look at it again. I thought Andi did well, and stopped by a great save. Gabby's chance, on the other hand....

Didn't keep my recording. Can someone post a clip?   I'm always to consider the possibility that I'm wrong.  Despite that fact that it hardly ever occurs.  :)

• Like 1

Didn't keep my recording. Can someone post a clip?   I'm always to consider the possibility that I'm wrong.  Despite that fact that it hardly ever occurs.  :)

It didn't happen this time, don't worry.

Bunnski got it right. It was a quite difficult hit that he had to pull off quickly from an awkward position with the outside of his foot. Happened too quick to direct where he wanted. Bad luck and great save.

At first i thought he should have scored, but when looking at it again it was a really tricky shot (IMO), the defender effectively dummies the ball and Weimann has to react so quickly so he just sticks a foot out and draws a great save. 

Thanks for the clip. With no defender in a good position to intercept the ball, it would have been a sitter. A great scorer could have let it roll across his body a slot a left footer anywhere he wanted,

But since the defender was there, and really should have gotten a touch, it was an amazingly quick reaction to get a touch at all, much less well enough to force a brilliant save.

And since no-one argued in my earlier post, when I said I was rarely wrong, I assume this settles the discussion for all time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Absolute shite like many others. Even when he gets in good positions with the ball he picks the wrong option. Running at goal today, gabby to his right, benteke to the left, hr chooses to roll an inside foot shot at the keeper from 25 yards.

Absolute shite like many others. Even when he gets in good positions with the ball he picks the wrong option. Running at goal today, gabby to his right, benteke to the left, hr chooses to roll an inside foot shot at the keeper from 25 yards.

That was a poor choice, and he should've run to the near post instead of the far post when Benteke got a cross off from a difficult position. No way was Benteke going to be able to get the ball so far.

On the other hand, he did a few things right aswell. Benteke was worse than him.

I think Andi and Marc could alternate until Andi gets his mojo back. Long term Andi is better.

He always does well when he comes off the bench so I wouldn't sell him! He's only 22 and will improve! Its difficult to get good strikers in. suttonPaul suggested we should take a bid of 5 mil but that would get you nothing these days. 

• Like 1

Â