Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Yes we are but somehow I find it highly unlikely that we will be less willing to sell players in future than we have been in the past given that money is seemingly less readily available in the past. I fail to see how it is any different if the players subject to bids have come through the academy or not.

I agree. Until shown otherwise then I will assume the club will do what it has been doing over the last few years, and under a number of different managers, which is if a decent offer comes in we will sell our better players.

Edited by markavfc40

I remember posting in here in the summer and I said that I had faith in Weimann and if he was given a decent run in the team I could see him getting 6-10 goals this season. What's he on now, 7 isn't it? The partnership between him and Benteke looks great at times.

I agree. Until shown otherwise then I will assume the club will do what it has been doing over the last few years, and under a number of different managers, which is if a decent offer comes in we will sell our better players.

I don't remember 'cashing-in' on many players that didn't want to leave. Faced with losing a disgruntled player for free at the end of their contract or paying wages we can't sustain, what choice do we have other than accept a decent offer? It must be difficult to convince a player who has a very good season to be part of a medium term process when their agent tells them they can double their salary immediately and be part of a title chasing team the very next season.

The same thing happened after the Liverpool game. After a few good performances, everyone started putting valuations on players i.e. Benteke - saying we shouldn't sell him for less than 30 million. I can understand the enthusiasm, but the 3 games that followed really shattered that idea.

Just enjoy the performances and think about valuations if/when it comes to that.

You have to bear in mind that we've sold out better players in the past because they wanted to leave, and in all respects made the right decision in leaving. You can't begrudge the club of that, it's the natural order of things and we recouped respectable transfer fees in return (it's what we've spent it on that's been the problem!)

Weimann however won't be bothering the big boys.

Weimann is worth far more than £8-10 million. That is ludicrously low! Compare his age and attributes to other strikers and the price they have sold for. Weimann is worth more than Bent. If he is a 15+ goal striker over next two years I would not sell him for less than £30 million because he has more years in him and greater resell than Van Persie.

Van Persie £30 million transfer to Man Utd aged 29.

Attributes: World Class finishing, playmaking, passing, positional awareness, ball control, set pieces, and ability to link up play. Strong heading. Hardly has a weakness so gets the top price even though he is at the ripe age of 29.

Dzeko £27 million transfer to Man City aged 25.

Attributes: World Class finishing, positional awareness, heading, and has the ability to be the target man who holds up the ball. Doesn't have as strong playmaking, passing and set piece delivery skills like Van Persie but was much younger (which adds a premium) while Van Persie was much older (which gets a discount).

Bent £20 million transfer to Aston Villa aged 27.

Attributes: World Class finishing and positional awareness. Heading ability not special. Lacks strong playmaking skills and does not have the ability to be a target man who can link up play.

Weimann £30+ million aged 21.

Attributes: World Class finishing, and positional awareness. This alone suggests he is worth more than Darren Bent, because he is younger than Darren Bent.

Weimann is better than Bent. Goal against Ipswich suggests he has great headin He also has the ability to hold ball up and link play (goal against Liverpool), and stronger passing and playmaking skills than Bent. He's not as good as Van Persie or Dzeko but it is unknown at this stage how much more he will improve - Van Persie is better at 29 than he was at 21.

I agree with this totally and agree with the folk that value Andi Weimann at 20-30m.

For me my agreement of it is based solely on the ignorance of the prices of other 'strikers' that are no better if not worse than weimann yet there clubs can get away with slapping these ridiculous valuation price tags on there pheads and getting them so why can't we do the same?

Andy Carrol was worth about 7-10m at Newc if that imo.. He was sold for 30m and I bet FMA is still laughing his head off at it now as I am!

Andi Weimann is a gem that is going to be irreplaceable for us in years to come. Already likely to scoop quite a few awards at the end of this season by the looks of things so those of you that would assume we would take the first 10m thrown at us and accept are foolish for doing so.

I would definately agree we should also slap a new contract with an improved wage and bonuses/incentives etc. in there in front of him (I would say a 5yr one as he is someone worthy of having one for that length).

I say 30m now, if he keeps playing the way he is playing, scoring more and more goals and improving more and more then a 5 yr contract and he accepts aong with potientally scooping many awards for league and club then you would surely be in the ignorant position to stick a 50m kings ransom on his head aswell.

You want premier league quality - you pay premier league prices! This guy has it all for me so for this type of player in the premier league the going rate is between 25-50m in this present day.

James Milner left us for 30m so it is not exactly unrealistic to say the least about Weimann's value.

(yes most are not worth the money they go for that is true and so why should we be bent over and be shafted in the arse on the first 10m that comes our way on such a potential asset).

Even £8-10m is a stretch at this stage. I mean 'world class' finisher, who are you trying kid? Typical fan overreaction just like those who said Westwood will be getting snapped up by United at some point in the next year or two.

Not sure who you are talking about, but I said it possible that a team like Man u could come in for Westwood in 3-4 Years, if he continues to impress at this level.

Very good finisher and great prospect but how many times we've seen young players having one good season and then vanishing or becoming shit (Cadamarteri, Albrighton, Jeffers, Michael Ricketts), not saying that's what going to happen with Weimann but it's always possiblity.

I would say he's worth about £4m - £5m at present.

He's a good player and one who we should utilise up front or on the right wing. Definitely one to keep.

You can't buy a half decent defender for that from a club that values their services, let alone a young forward who has proved he can score against top Premiership teams and could score a dozen or more goals in a struggling team. His value to other teams depends on what they see in him and how he would suit their team for potentially the next decade. I'd guess £10m currently and £12m in June if he continues his form. His value to Villa far exceeds those figures.

You can't call Wiemann world class. World class, as far as I'm concerned, means a candidate for the selection of a World XI (for when that crunch semi-final with Jupiter comes up). Whether or not they get into that team or not isn't important, but they have to be a player regularly mentioned as competing for that position.

How many people would mention Andreas Wiemann as even an outside shot? Even Andreas' mother would find it difficult to do that.

Wiemann is a good player, don't get me wrong, but I think the phrase 'world class' cannot be attributed to his finishing.

I am hopeful he'll be an excellent player for us for years to come though. He has all the promise to be a top player and a real hero - but we see these sorts of players all the time, and the club and coaches need to make sure he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps working hard, because there's been all too many players who've believed their own hype and thrown their careers away by screwing their own development with a billy bigbollocks attitude, and that's not even counting the players who 'waste' their careers by moving to a big club before they're ready (mostly to Chelsea or Man City).

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

I read a few comments in here recently along the lines of "what he lacks in ability he more than makes up for in effort/commitment" etc etc. "what he lacks in ability" ??? A large chunk of his goals are one-touch. The technique required to do that and for it to actually come off is immense. We've no-one else who can do that consistently. It suggests to me that his ability absolutely matches his commitment and then some.

There's a reason the big teams buy players with the ability to play one-touch football. It's because it's extremely difficult to defend against and it's why Andi is in a rich vein of form. Long may it continue. It appears to me that some of us don't know quality when it puts on a Villa shirt :) I can only assume those who think he lacks ability are actually confusing ability with flair. The lad has bags of ability, don't you worry.

Â