Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Haven't we heard the same about vassell, delfonsou, the Moore brothers, albrighton and pretty much every young player who comes through the youth team?

Weimman looks a good player and a natural goal scorer but let's let him develop without making him the saviour of our club.

You said saviour, no-one else did. The player is doing well and people are saying as much. Or they're 'supporting' him you might say. Your attempts to temper the enthusiasm are appreciated though :D

No problem with enthusiasm for him. Always good to have young potential to get excited about.

And here we were getting preached to a couple of months back that we would be **** as a team if we Sell Darren Bent or if he gets injured we have no one to replace him with to provide us goals.

This however I do find annoying.

Remember reading that we'd be ok, if not better off, with Albrighton replacing young or downing.

How did that one work out?

I think we could have just found the ideal partner for Benteke in Weimann.. He does appear to be "coming of age" which is fantastic news. Genuinely delighted for him. Now if we could get the creative elements to be more productive more often we could just be in business.

We have to keep in mind not to put too much hope (read pressure) on his shoulders, and same goes for every one of our young lads. Weimann seems like a striker who has future ahead of him but how many times we've seen football fans amassing exceptations on young and upcoming players who haven't then quite reach those and the player has been branded as a flop?

We as fans and the club have to give him enough room to play with freedom without lot of pressure to play 9-10/10 every game since young players are bound to have off-days and might not bounce back as well as seasoned players.

I think we could have just found the ideal partner for Benteke in Weimann.. He does appear to be "coming of age" which is fantastic news. Genuinely delighted for him. Now if we could get the creative elements to be more productive more often we could just be in business.

Or the ideal partner for Wiemann in Benteke

What impresses me about Weimman is the way he reads the game to get into goal scoring positions, he makes scoring look easy. If he can continue develop his partnership with Benteke I can see plenty more goals in him, in fact he could be our top scorer this season.

Weimann I think has shown himself to be a good role model, to young kids who want to be Premier League players. He's hungry, takes his chance when the manager puts him in to the side and doesn't throw a strop if not picked. Seems to understand the manager is building a squad and wants to be part of it.

Weimann I think has shown himself to be a good role model, to young kids who want to be Premier League players. He's hungry, takes his chance when the manager puts him in to the side and doesn't throw a strop if not picked. Seems to understand the manager is building a squad and wants to be part of it.

Seems like all of our younger lads are in this mindframe and not just Weimann, good to see they understand Lambert's way, really hope Weimann keeps his form as hes always shown potential.

I actually thought Weimann had lost his way a little just before he lost his place to Holman - I know the phantom handball did his head in, but in other matches he has seemed to be focusing more on screaming at the Ref for not paying him fouls than getting up and getting on with it at times. I hope he gets that out of his system because he needs to focus on what he does best.

I really like Andi Weimann. He still has a long way to go in terms of the development of certain aspects of his game, but you know he's going to put every effort into doing so. I think his all round play will improve under Lambert, as it already has been doing. As well as this, he already has fantastic natural ability in many areas.

I actually thought Weimann had lost his way a little just before he lost his place to Holman - I know the phantom handball did his head in, but in other matches he has seemed to be focusing more on screaming at the Ref for not paying him fouls than getting up and getting on with it at times. I hope he gets that out of his system because he needs to focus on what he does best.

I think the problem before he was dropped was that he's not a natural winger and unlike Gabby his game doesn't really lend himself to playing in a wide position. I remember him going down rather easily a few time while he was trying to dribble the ball down the wing.

He's definitely more comfortable playing up front where he can focus on getting in goal scoring positions and doing what he seems to do best, finishing off a move.

• Like 1

Â