Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Reacted well in the box and that's what you want strikers to do.

Still don't buy the senior players don't care. I thought Collins and especially Ireland were superb today. Too easy to excuse poor managers blaming the players for lack of effort. When you see a player like Darren Bent have his worst season under any manager you need to look at why?

Mysteryman might claim gabby took the piss but he also thought Mcleish was never going to be manager so i'll hold back accepting everything he says.

I love how Marc and Bannan came over to him at the end congratulating him. Needs to start a few more games i think. Right place right time sort of striker.

I really hope he gets more than a 3 minute cameo today

The lad has earned the right to be given at least 45 mins IMO

Well he got 20 mins (+3 added on), he got his goal. It wasn't pretty but who cares

A star is born ?

Well done kid, well done.

Showed today why he might make it and a certain other supposed talented young striker won't.

Agreed. Was great to see him come deep, play it wind then sprint into the middle so they had a target. Hard work pays off, so does being aware.

Top job Andy!

he's a diffrent animal to the fonz tbh, but i preffer little andy because he puts the effort off the ball in... loved the way he closed down the fulham keeper a couple of minutes after he came on.

It shows he's willing to run through walls for the Villa cause!

Little fox in the box! Chuffed he scored!

Been dying to see this kid get a game (and hopefully a run). He's everything that Delfouneso is'nt, which ultimately will see him fitting right in with the way we play. In fact, Gabby should be looking over his shoulder seriously now, because he is'nt showing automatic selection form either.

They didn't show it in MOTD last week, but he almost scored with his only touch at Blackburn

Hopefully we have a natural goal scorer on our hands

Really happy for him tonight

Now we're moving towards relative safety, would love to see us give the likes of Weimann and Gardner a proper chance. Weimann looks like a decent poacher and recently said he'd been doing extra session with Benty before his injury, picking up a few tips for making the right runs and gaining that extra yard on the defenders. Gardner showed that he has a much better and consistent shot than Petrov, would love to see him in a middle two with HErd, who I think has been exceptional this season.

My team for Bolton:

...............Given

Hutton Collins Cuellar Warnock

..........Herd...Gardner

N'Zogbia...Ireland....Gabby

.............Weimann

Movement was good today very Bent like in and around the box. I think where he did better than Bent today was he hunger to still get on the ball after his first effort was saved Bent usually throws his hands up, and would probably not of scored that.

Â