Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I hope he doesn't drop ireland to give this kid a chance

Why not?

Stephen Ireland has on the whole been an absolute shambles for this football club.

Andreas Weimann looks like he would run through brick walls for us. I would prefer 11 shite players (not that I think Weimann is shite (actually really rate him FWIW)) that guarantee you 110% than the best 11 players in the world who seemingly pick and choose as and when they feel fit to perform.

No question, Stephen Ireland is the most techinically gifted player we have, but you cant depend on him. And at the minute we need dependable players, and for me, Andreas Weimann (in terms of giving his all) isa player we can rely on.

But for the last 2 or 3 months, Ireland is a player you can depend on.

He should definitely stay in the team ATM.

But for the last 2 or 3 months, Ireland is a player you can depend on.

A winde up surely?

For the last 2 to 3 months Irelands shown glimpses of the player we know he can be. Not exactly saying he shouldnt be in the team but at the moment if it came down to him or Weimann, I would probably plump for Weimann.

Both are risks, but for me, at least with Weimann your guaranteed hard work.

Why not?

Stephen Ireland has on the whole been an absolute shambles for this football club.

Andreas Weimann looks like he would run through brick walls for us. I would prefer 11 shite players (not that I think Weimann is shite (actually really rate him FWIW)) that guarantee you 110% than the best 11 players in the world who seemingly pick and choose as and when they feel fit to perform.

No question, Stephen Ireland is the most techinically gifted player we have, but you cant depend on him. And at the minute we need dependable players, and for me, Andreas Weimann (in terms of giving his all) isa player we can rely on.

How has he been a shambles?

You can hardly blame him for last year, houllier was a word removed. We've had dunne, gabby and just yesterday cuellar talking about how shit it was to play for the man.

This season i don't think he has done much wrong and has been our best player in a few games.

The last thing we need is another marc albrighton try hard in the team. Its depressing watching average players just run around.

One of the reasons for buying an ST next year is hopefully we will see much more of the academy products such as Weimann

Really? Whilst I love seeing our academy products come through and do well, I don't think any of them (except potentially Gardner) are good enough to warrant the price of a season ticket. It's not like we've produced the next Messi! The current crop of academy players will be average prem players at best, I've not seen anything from any of them to suggest they'll be top players.

Why not?

How has he been a shambles?

You can hardly blame him for last year, houllier was a word removed. We've had dunne, gabby and just yesterday cuellar talking about how shit it was to play for the man.

This season i don't think he has done much wrong and has been our best player in a few games.

The last thing we need is another marc albrighton try hard in the team. Its depressing watching average players just run around.

I dont think anyone can argue that Stephen ireland has shown next to nothing to suggest he is worth the 8m (as part of Milner fee) and the 60-70k a week wage he is on.

Im not interested in what Dunne, Gabby, Cuellar say about Houllier. They were all a shambles last season. Too busy worrying about whether theyre allowed their mobile phone on or not to actually stop and think how privileged they actually are.

Not one senior player has covered themself in glory over the past couple of seasons and I am sick to the back teeth of them escaping criticism on a mass scale for their lack of professionalism.

The younger players like Weimann have been a positive and whilst they are probably not good enough, I will happily watch them giving 100% and getting beat, than watching a set of overpaid tosspots who are good enough, taking the piss and doing a half arsed job and getting beat, knowing that the fact that the fans are that daft enough to carry on chanting silly songs and blaming the manager.

Rant over :D

Regular John, I think you're being a bit harsh

Clark is quality as is Herd IMO

Weimann may be good, would live to find out, ditto Baker and Lichaj

GG will captain England one day

Bannan and Albs, not so sure

One of the reasons for buying an ST next year is hopefully we will see much more of the academy products such as Weimann

Really? Whilst I love seeing our academy products come through and do well, I don't think any of them (except potentially Gardner) are good enough to warrant the price of a season ticket. It's not like we've produced the next Messi! The current crop of academy players will be average prem players at best, I've not seen anything from any of them to suggest they'll be top players.

NOBODY has produced the next Messi.

We have produced half a dozen Academy players who deserve a chance to see whether they can take the step up. Whether they make it or not depends on their dedication and effort more than anything. Then there are other factors, such as whether they fill out physically or not. To say that none of them is good enough without first giving them a go is ridiculous.

Weimann imo is a perfect example of someone who COULD be a success. He is hard-working, enthusiastic, scores for fun in the reserves and, as Woodytom says, looks like he'd run through brick walls for us.

The best players are usually the ones who get there through constant effort. Very very few players are obviously outstanding before their early twenties, and of those, many will fade through lack of further effort or injury.

The younger players like Weimann have been a positive and whilst they are probably not good enough, I will happily watch them giving 100% and getting beat, than watching a set of overpaid tosspots who are good enough, taking the piss and doing a half arsed job and getting beat, knowing that the fact that the fans are that daft enough to carry on chanting silly songs and blaming the manager.

So fans who blame the manager are daft?

You think our poor play, negative tactics and shocking results are because the players don't run around enough?

Weimman may turn out to be great, I just don't think Ireland should be dropped to make way for him.

So fans who blame the manager are daft?

You think our poor play, negative tactics and shocking results are because the players don't run around enough?

Weimman may turn out to be great, I just don't think Ireland should be dropped to make way for him.

I think football fans who dont see what is happening right in front of their eyes are a bit naive tbh yeah.

I think The manager deserves a lot of criticism for this seasons performance and I think the previous 2 managers need criticising for some aspects of their tenure.

But at the same time, some of the players are an absolute disgrace. I mean people talk about Gabby caring. Oh really - so why are there rumours (and I highlight rumours for the moment) that last season he was turning in for training late, and pissing about. If he cares about Villa that much, why does he quite happily take home a wedge of cash each week that I have never once seen him earn in a villa shirt. (Half the reason for that is because the wages are unearnable of course).

Now, let me go back to the 'rumours'. I have no idea whether or not Gabby was turning up late or not, and tbh, why should I need/want to know? What I will say though is that I can believe it.........

I can believe it because he does often strutt round the field like he doesnt give a toss.

I can believe it because he does come out criticising Houllier's methods.

I can believe it because I happen to trust MYSTERYMAN (as much as you can trust a keyboard :D ).

What players like Weimann give me is the hope that actually, some of them do care. And thats because he never, (or at least so far) has never looked like he doesnt give a toss.

And its players like that, who will help this club go forward regardless of the manager imo. The manager can obviously then have an additional effect.

We would not be in this position this season if Mcliesh had done things differently or if he was amore astute manager. I do also believe however, we wouldnt be in this position this or last season if the players took a bit of responsibility and gave 100% and just got the hell on with it.

Slightly OT, but hopefully you can see why I would prefer to see players like Weimann play.

Â