Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

Not saying he does, but arguably based on the fact that he brought Weimann back from Watford because (perhaps) he didn't think Delfouneso was good enough?

Weimann was brought back due to Bent`s injury, and probably they knew then

about Gabby`s back, it has nothing to do about being better or worse than Delfounso

• 4 months later...
Darren Bent believes Andreas Weimann could play a big part in the season run-in, hailing the young striker "one of the best natural finishers I have seen for a long, long time."

Bent trains with Weimann every day as the pair sharpen their skills at Bodymoor Heath.

In fact, Bent often stays behind with Weimann to offer the Austrian ace advice and practice penalties.

Villa's record-signing has been thoroughly impressed with what he's seen and thinks Weimann has a big, big future ahead of him.

He said: "Andy is one of the best natural finishers I have seen for a long, long time.

"When he's in training he just never seems to miss the target. He's always on the scoresheet.

"He has all the attributes to be a top, top striker.

"He reminds me quite a lot of Dean Ashton. He was one hell of a finisher before he unfortunately had to retire and so is Andy.

"He has all the credentials and I am tipping him to be a top, top player.

"These are the kind of guys you want to see succeed. They work so hard and they have that hunger to make it and succeed.

"It's great training with the young lads and I like giving them advice too, anything that might help them."

Bent was also quick to hail the contribution made by young starlet Gary Gardner, the central ace certainly not looking out of place against Manchester City duo Gareth Barry and Nigel De Jong.

Bent added: "Gary has done really well. We all know what a good player he is.

"He is good in training, his passing is excellent, he's sharp, he can get stuck in and he can hit a ball too.

"We have seen him progressing through the youth side, the reserves and in the NextGen tournament and it's great to be with him in the first team now.

"He looked so comfortable against Manchester City. He didn't look fazed at all. That's full credit to him.I think he's going to be a top player."

http://tinyurl.com/7x669vy

Interesting to see Bent's comments, I don't recall any of the players saying similar about Delfounnesso at any time which to me seems to suggest the view held by many in relation to the ability of the two players.

One has a future at the club the other seemingly doesn't. It is interesting Bent's comments about his work rate seeing as this is something its been suggested is missing in Delfounnesso.

I remember his goal for the U21's (a few pages back there is a link) fantastic strike.. he seems to be banging them in for the reserves too.

I'd like to see him in the team alongside Bent, I think the fact Weimann chases everything and draws defenders towards him could really help Bent find more space and probably get more goals.

It's ideal now with Keane leaving and the fact we need to get points.. those 2 up front and just go for it - unfortunately though reality kicks in and I realise McLeish here as manager so he'll probably play Heskey instead.

In that case we better hope McLeish goes because his track record with developing young talent is hardly the best. The likes of Albrighton, Clark and Lichaj have really stagnated ever since he came in.

In that case we better hope McLeish goes because his track record with developing young talent is hardly the best. The likes of Albrighton, Clark and Lichaj have really stagnated ever since he came in.

Slightly OT and I am no fan of AM (finally given up on hoping he can turn it around) but Albrighton has had enough chances this season, Clark is doing fine and Lichaj has been injured for probably 75% of the season. He has introduced Herd and established him as a 1st team squad player, given Gardner his 1st team chance and Bannan was looking good pre his ban. So I think its slightly unfair to tarnish AM with this one.

Slightly OT and I am no fan of AM (finally given up on hoping he can turn it around) but Albrighton has had enough chances this season, Clark is doing fine and Lichaj has been injured for probably 75% of the season. He has introduced Herd and established him as a 1st team squad player, given Gardner his 1st team chance and Bannan was looking good pre his ban. So I think its slightly unfair to tarnish AM with this one.

Bannan imo has stagnated as well, Clark is really a central defender in my view.

At any rate, at Celtic and at SHA he never really succeeded in bringing younger players through did he, their (relative) success was mostly down to cores of old experienced players. I can't say this with 100% certainty of course since I'm not a club insider, but AM is the common denominator here and that's why I think he really needs to take at least some of the blame for how limited the progress made by our young players has been this season.

As far as I know, Andreas Weimann is NOT going back to watford on loan, so why give me a heart attack by bouncing a thread about his loan spell there back to the top?

(Now's the chance for someone to point out I've missed something important and he IS going back...)

Â