Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He didn't have a very good game yesterday in all fairness and wasn't involved that much. As ever though he keeps going, never stops chasing down and got his reward with a very well taken goal.

I love the lads attitude. He wears his heart on his sleeve and lets it show when he is frustrated. You can tell he cares and it matters. We have a few guys in the side like that now and long may that continue.

• Like 1

So important to us.

- won the freekick that Bacuna scored from

- scored himself with tireless chasing

- set up the play for our goal last week

all while not being in the best of form. The goal will do him the world of good - and I loved the celebration.

What a top kid. I see a really bright future for him.

• Like 2

So important to us.

- won the freekick that Bacuna scored from

- scored himself with tireless chasing

- set up the play for our goal last week

all while not being in the best of form. The goal will do him the world of good - and I loved the celebration.

What a top kid. I see a really bright future for him.

He's done things like that in every game, he played the ball of the game to Benteke vs Arsenal, the cross for Gabby's miss vs Newcastle and that's just off the top of my head. Yeah he's not in top form, but he works hard and still worthy of his place.

Love this kid. Like others have said he just has that tireless work rate and he really shows his emotion on the pitch, so you know he definitely cares. And the great thing is he can have a fairly anonymous game but he always seems to pop up at vital moments. He's effectively our wildcard, and him along with Gabby and Benteke are equally important to the team's success. 

• Like 1

I'm liking the beard  :thumb:

woIEkFa.jpg

Has a bit of Mellberg about him in that photo!

Haha. I just came here to post that the celebration reminded me of Mellberg. Was against Arsenal no?

No vs spurs at home 2-1 win Olof and Larsen scored. Olof celebrated by just standing arms aloft in front of the hole as Weimann did yesterday. Brilliant.

I'm liking the beard  :thumb:

woIEkFa.jpg

Has a bit of Mellberg about him in that photo!

Haha. I just came here to post that the celebration reminded me of Mellberg. Was against Arsenal no?

No vs spurs at home 2-1 win Olof and Larsen scored. Olof celebrated by just standing arms aloft in front of the hole as Weimann did yesterday. Brilliant.

I feel a .gif coming...

Edited by picicata

Weimann is yet another likeable player in our squad, unfairly questioned in my eyes about his 'attitude' since getting his new contract, I think it's more a case of things not coming off for the lad. As commitment and work ethic isn't something which worries me with Andi.

Good article in the evening mal about him today. He gets through more yards than any other villa player in a match. Even if he's not scoring hes contributing. One of the first names on the team sheet for me every week

not necessarily for me. I love the lad, but if it's not working he needs to have a break once in a while, but at the moment I think his confidence and touch is going to start increasing again after last week so I suspect he's in no danger of losing his place at the moment.

Â